Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Okay, great! Good for you, no sarcasm.

Just FYI I don't mean any condescension when I say edgelord; there's just a colloquial understanding of that aesthetic.

Just FYI, I was joking, but okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

I dont see why umbras would be useless, whats the point of hyping this up and all, if it isnt useful.

the hype is from the players, but i do agree i dont foresee them being useless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely my opinion and theoretical

What if Excalibur umbra isn't just a prime version. What if it's a completely different frame. Like what if it was an experimental frame that was being worked on by the orokin but it was never used and got locked up or something. That would explain the prime look. It's basically like the orokin were doing a rework of the Excalibur and the results of that work were never seen. It's completely theoretical though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For the easily triggered... Please don't

 

  • Woah 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that seems plausible tbh i am very interested in warframes plot myself i just wish there was more content that actually made a story, i hate being so into the stuff and having to wait YEARS for another cliff hanger man

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my own head canon, Umbra Frames were those responsible for the murder of the Orokin on that fateful day. This is hinted at when the Stalker seems surprised and hesitates upon seeing the Tenno separated from a Warframe. He bore witness to the slaughter, but apparently was not aware of what Operators were, so it could be that what he and the other Low Guardians saw were rogue Warframes rebelling against their creators, and not the Tenno.

Why would they do such a thing? The reasons are copious. For one, it's no secret that the Orokin were heavily corrupt, decadent, and dangerous even unto themselves. Perhaps a certain subset of Frames, those without an Operator, capable of enacting their own will sensed (Or even uncovered) the betrayal of the Orokin to dispose of their weapons (Tenno, Frames) and struck first. It could be possible that Umbras played a major role in the downfall of the Empire.

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out Umbra megathread, not only you will find this theory mentioned dozens of times, but also many other interesting speculations.

Edit: you won't even have to search for it, your topic is already merged into it.

Edited by Ksaero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LuciferIsDeath said:

And maybe Exalted Blade might have different modes such as Dual, Heavy, Rapier style, Throwable Exalted Blade which one could switch through.

Actually, it'd be nice to have a separate equipment slot for EB where you could install the mods directly for it, without touching melee weapon. And it could have a switch between different weapon types you've mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Actually, it'd be nice to have a separate equipment slot for EB where you could install the mods directly for it, without touching melee weapon. And it could have a switch between different weapon types you've mentioned.

its possible , but i dont see it anytime soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Deimos_Lynx said:

Not any word about umbra in the last devstream?

No, they said nothing about Umbra is going to be revealed on a devstream. They said for that you gotta play the quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Deimos_Lynx said:

Not any word about umbra in the last devstream?

Nope. And Steve said they will not say or reveal anything related to Umbra in stream. It will be the "play the quest and find out".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Nope. And Steve said they will not say or reveal anything related to Umbra in stream. It will be the "play the quest and find out".

I hope the story is so deliciously lore, perception, and gameplay altering that half of us swoon as if drunk-in-love and the other half act like they just had alcohol poured into their eyes while fingernails were dragging on a chalkboard, lol.

”What do you mean MY OPERATOR HAS AN OPERATOR???!” 😱

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I hope the story is so deliciously lore, perception, and gameplay altering that half of us swoon as if drunk-in-love and the other half act like they just had alcohol poured into their eyes while fingernails were dragging on a chalkboard, lol.

”What do you mean MY OPERATOR HAS AN OPERATOR???!” 😱

Operatorception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we know its getting closer.. I thought the new gold and black Hud they showed had something related with umbra, I was wrong but.. I loved it so much, that will be my main theme when it releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

At least we know its getting closer.. I thought the new gold and black Hud they showed had something related with umbra, I was wrong but.. I loved it so much, that will be my main theme when it releases.

well they said we will have to play the quest to find stuff out when it drops 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Goldensebos123 said:

What do you guys think the Sacrifice is gonna be? A lot of people believe its gonna be the Excalibur Warframe or maybe the Operator or something.

check the FAQs on the first page, but sure thing it's related to Excalibur umbra since we have been waiting 3 years (4/?~ years for us  who have been following umbra since it's release on China warframe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

check the FAQs on the first page, but sure thing it's related to Excalibur umbra since we have been waiting 3 years (4/?~ years for us  who have been following umbra since it's release on China warframe)

 

Think they're asking about what this "sacrifice" is referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

 

Think they're asking about what this "sacrifice" is referring to.

I think it’s our Innocence and Matriarch Margulis and our memories of her are what was holding the entire system together.

Now that Ballas has taken her, Natah is going to re-awaken to destroy every living thing in the solar system.

 Ballas is going to reveal that we may have the faces of babes, but we were ALWAYS relentless murder machines that revel in our power.

Ballas will SHOW you what you’ve done.  

Your mother’s comforting bedtime stories are gone.

Time to grow up, face the truth, and make your choice, Tenno.  You were always cold-blooded mass-murderers.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Bleach fans here? I want to draw Excalibur doing Bankai and turns in to Excalibur Umbra.

I'll take fashion frame requests like what Excalibur is wearing 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 3:40 AM, Ksaero said:

Check out Umbra megathread, not only you will find this theory mentioned dozens of times, but also many other interesting speculations.

Edit: you won't even have to search for it, your topic is already merged into it.

The theory just came to me. I've never really read any other speculations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)MintyFreshMike said:

The theory just came to me. I've never really read any other speculations

Yeah, I figured. That's why I suggested reading them, you might find something interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.04.2018 at 1:46 AM, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

check the FAQs on the first page, but sure thing it's related to Excalibur umbra since we have been waiting 3 years (4/?~ years for us  who have been following umbra since it's release on China warframe)

Umbra was released in Chinaframe in July 2015, so we are getting close to 3 years of waiting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...