Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

11 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

plan is khora this week > sacrifice>venusph[solaris?] possibly tennocon to my understanding 

Yeah, as Steve mentioned on Twitter around a month ago they should have The Sacrifice out before Venus, but it's really whichever is finished first.

However independently of which one comes out first I'm fairly positive intention is to have these 2 out before TennoCon, even if shortly before.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

plan is khora this week > sacrifice>venusph[solaris?] possibly tennocon to my understanding 

I wonder which part of working on the quest was actually done. Just the script? Because everything else is listed in Steve's tweet.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

I wonder which part of working on the quest was actually done. Just the script? Because everything else is listed in Steve's tweet.

Maybe they are resuing lots of level assets so it's less work than making a new tileset completely? It would make sense that team was working on Venus for the landscape stuff I guess?

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Maybe they are resuing lots of level assets so it's less work than making a new tileset completely? It would make sense that team was working on Venus for the landscape stuff I guess?

No idea, but until now I was pretty sure they almost finished the development :D

30 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

No idea, but until now I was pretty sure they almost finished the development :D

29 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I was also thinking they just needed to record VO and little stuff. You can imagine my face merely mins ago :')

Close...

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I was also thinking they just needed to record VO and little stuff. You can imagine my face merely mins ago :')

There was never an implication of exactly how much they had completed. Apologies, but this was on you. Any idea of the exact amount they have done has always been player speculation, regardless of his tweets.

When it comes to DE, however, it honestly seems after the War Within, they didn't learn anything from the mistakes they made with it by teasing the continuation that 1) wasn't even finished in story writing, 2) exacerbated the situation by making a prologue with a follow up that still wasn't finished in writing (and Steve even expressed his lament with this decision in the periscope). In addition to this, regarding how open they usually are with the community, this time they had a lot of trouble finding a balance between too much and too little information. One tweet from a user he replied to seems to have had an effect, and that caused us to receive vague progress updates. 

And now here we are; 9 months after TennoCon, a year and a half since the story progressed, two and a half years since the frame's global release announcement, and just now reaching VO and mocap. I hope this rant doesn't sound like dev bashing, because that's not my intention. I'll make edits if needed.

Edited by LazerSkink

8 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Do they still expect to release The Sacrifice before Tennocon? That seems like a really short amount of time to finish it all.

Sometimes I wish I knew how development hell worked to have an estimate on those things.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Sometimes I wish I knew how development hell worked to have an estimate on those things.

Yeah. Maybe it's not a short time for them, and maybe two months out is the typical time they start working on VO and level building and stuff, but considering how long previous quests have taken to make, it just seems like not a lot of time. Idk.

Also, maybe this is a dumb question, but anyone know what the picture is that Steve posted? On first glance, it kinda reminds me of the UI stuff he's been posting.

19 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Also, maybe this is a dumb question, but anyone know what the picture is that Steve posted? On first glance, it kinda reminds me of the UI stuff he's been posting.

Tease for the new UI? Maybe its related to the Sacrifice? Only theories now...

But it looks like a hand with its palm up...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

also per the new twitter post ...

Capture.png

it reads if zoom out/sharpen 

A1-threat 

-per user on discord-

Yeah, its a UI thing.

@LazerSkink so I was replying to you about expectation and stuff, you mentioned the War Within, I recall that all of the tiles and stuff were done months before.

Then I recall a concept and see that in Devstream #37 in 2014, 2 concept artists of DE are in Devstream with Rebb. Checks overview: https://web.archive.org/web/20141112141136/https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-37-overview

Is one Queen more influential than the other? Perhaps they have personalities that are polar from one another? Does one enjoy being closer to the Grineer in question when taking in news...or dealing punishment?

You can also see the Atlas icons being made, for a Warframe that would release a whole year afterwards.

MAN.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

@LazerSkink so I was replying to you about expectation and stuff, you mentioned the War Within, I recall that all of the tiles and stuff were done months before.

Then I recall a concept and see that in Devstream #37 in 2014, 2 concept artists of DE are in Devstream with Rebb. Checks overview: https://web.archive.org/web/20141112141136/https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-37-overview

You can also see the Atlas icons being made, for a Warframe that would release a whole year afterwards.

MAN.

Sorry, but I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say. Could you elaborate?

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Sorry, but I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say. Could you elaborate?

My mind exploded and I had to share xD

I know that things are not done in simply 3 months, but sometimes it's still surprising to see how they talk about stuff that's easily forgotten and brought up at a point later in time.

Now I am really curious to see if there will be something brought up in the quest, or a room or something that's been shown to us and shelved for years.