(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 4/14/2018 at 11:39 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I think it’s our Innocence and Matriarch Margulis and our memories of her are what was holding the entire system together.

Now that Ballas has taken her, Natah is going to re-awaken to destroy every living thing in the solar system.

Ballas is going to reveal that we may have the faces of babes, but we were ALWAYS relentless murder machines that revel in our power.

Ballas will SHOW you what you’ve done.  

Your mother’s comforting bedtime stories are gone.

Time to grow up, face the truth, and make your choice, Tenno.  You were always cold-blooded mass-murderers.

I really want the Operators to grow up, act like the adults they are (they have the bodies of teenagers, but they've been essentially living as adults for most of their lifetime), and finally leave the Lotus or at least have the option to. That's the final choice I want, where we can choose who we serve.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, (PS4)Goldensebos123 said:

What do you guys think the Sacrifice is gonna be? A lot of people believe its gonna be the Excalibur Warframe or maybe the Operator or something.

the sacrifice probably refers to the one inhabiting the excalibur umbra unit and what they lost to attain that body 

per trailer we hear a heartbeat like in a medical ward , "If you could trade, would you? Surely. But all miracles...require sacrifice. For their life... yours."

and after that we only have speculation 

i believe that umbras are related to dax in some fashion myself 

Hopefully before TennoCon, because those teasers starting to be way too much

Edited by Myscho

11 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

plan is khora this week > sacrifice>venusph[solaris?] possibly tennocon to my understanding 

Yeah, as Steve mentioned on Twitter around a month ago they should have The Sacrifice out before Venus, but it's really whichever is finished first.

However independently of which one comes out first I'm fairly positive intention is to have these 2 out before TennoCon, even if shortly before.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

plan is khora this week > sacrifice>venusph[solaris?] possibly tennocon to my understanding 

I wonder which part of working on the quest was actually done. Just the script? Because everything else is listed in Steve's tweet.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

I wonder which part of working on the quest was actually done. Just the script? Because everything else is listed in Steve's tweet.

Maybe they are resuing lots of level assets so it's less work than making a new tileset completely? It would make sense that team was working on Venus for the landscape stuff I guess?

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Maybe they are resuing lots of level assets so it's less work than making a new tileset completely? It would make sense that team was working on Venus for the landscape stuff I guess?

No idea, but until now I was pretty sure they almost finished the development :D

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ksaero said:

No idea, but until now I was pretty sure they almost finished the development :D

I was also thinking they just needed to record VO and little stuff. You can imagine my face merely mins ago :')

30 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

29 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I was also thinking they just needed to record VO and little stuff. You can imagine my face merely mins ago :')

Close...

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

5 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

There was never an implication of exactly how much they had completed. Apologies, but this was on you. Any idea of the exact amount they have done has always been player speculation, regardless of his tweets.

When it comes to DE, however, it honestly seems after the War Within, they didn't learn anything from the mistakes they made with it by teasing the continuation that 1) wasn't even finished in story writing, 2) exacerbated the situation by making a prologue with a follow up that still wasn't finished in writing (and Steve even expressed his lament with this decision in the periscope). In addition to this, regarding how open they usually are with the community, this time they had a lot of trouble finding a balance between too much and too little information. One tweet from a user he replied to seems to have had an effect, and that caused us to receive vague progress updates. 

And now here we are; 9 months after TennoCon, a year and a half since the story progressed, two and a half years since the frame's global release announcement, and just now reaching VO and mocap. I hope this rant doesn't sound like dev bashing, because that's not my intention. I'll make edits if needed.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

1c0a0abc65b93e70d3424b403a4b98cf2aa5fc67

What is the point of this thread? We have literally zero information on the quest aside from Umbra coming out and what Apostasy Prologue set the stage for.

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Do they still expect to release The Sacrifice before Tennocon? That seems like a really short amount of time to finish it all.

Sometimes I wish I knew how development hell worked to have an estimate on those things.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Sometimes I wish I knew how development hell worked to have an estimate on those things.

Yeah. Maybe it's not a short time for them, and maybe two months out is the typical time they start working on VO and level building and stuff, but considering how long previous quests have taken to make, it just seems like not a lot of time. Idk.

Also, maybe this is a dumb question, but anyone know what the picture is that Steve posted? On first glance, it kinda reminds me of the UI stuff he's been posting.

19 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Also, maybe this is a dumb question, but anyone know what the picture is that Steve posted? On first glance, it kinda reminds me of the UI stuff he's been posting.

Tease for the new UI? Maybe its related to the Sacrifice? Only theories now...

But it looks like a hand with its palm up...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

also per the new twitter post ...

Capture.png

it reads if zoom out/sharpen 

A1-threat 

-per user on discord-

Yeah, its a UI thing.