Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

53 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

That won't happen. He's called Excalibur Umbra for a reason. I'm pretty sure people would start asking for Prime's to have different abilities beyond a flashy visual effect and a Void Orb energy passive, if that actually happened, otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to use them over an Umbra frame with actual advantages. That could be a slippery slope.

Ok so maybe he is not just better version from excal and excal prime, what if he have same powers but more cooler looking and more powerful. For examle when you use his abilities his shadow clones come out and do the same power at the same time. Like Mirage first or Ash last power,but for him its in all powers. Imagine that he is going to be ultra  OP frame if he have that... and maybe he already have all excal augments install in him so that you have extra space for the mods that you need for him...

Edited by Vlada91

2 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Ok so maybe he is not just better version from excal and excal prime, what if he have same powers but more cooler looking and more powerful. For examle when you use his abilities his shadow clones come out and do the same power at the same time. Like Mirage first or Ash last power,but for him its in all powers. Imagine that he is going to be ultra  OP frame if he have that...

Which is why I very much doubt DE would do anything like that.

Likely Umbra will have the same powers as normal and prime which function the same but might look cosmetically different, similar to how some abilities on primes look different.

I don't see DE making Umbra have "shadow clones" or different powers that would make him different from any other Excalibur.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Ok so maybe he is not just better version from excal and excal prime, what if he have same powers but more cooler looking and more powerful. For examle when you use his abilities his shadow clones come out and do the same power at the same time. Like Mirage first or Ash last power,but for him its in all powers. Imagine that he is going to be ultra  OP frame if he have that...

Yea no. The first Umbra will be setting a standard for others (if indeed there will be others). Making it OP will just end up in them being labelled power creep and nerfed into the ground.

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

Which is why I very much doubt DE would do anything like that.

Likely Umbra will have the same powers as normal and prime which function the same but might look cosmetically different, similar to how some abilities on primes look different.

I don't see DE making Umbra have "shadow clones" or different powers that would make him different from any other Excalibur.

Or maybe he can have 1 more passive that if you kill for example 10 enemies you get 1 shadow clone,kill 50 more and get 1 more and he is just there when you active powers. Like when Nidus have more damage when he kills enemies with his 1 or Atlas more armor with the same direction... 🤔

4 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Or maybe he can have 1 more passive that if you kill for example 10 enemies you get 1 shadow clone,kill 50 more and get 1 more and he is just there when you active powers. Like when Nidus have more damage when he kills enemies with his 1 or Atlas more armor with the same direction... 🤔

An interesting idea, but likely not going to happen.

We'll just have to wait and see what Umbra has for us, if he ever gets released.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlada91 said:

Again, all these idea are cool however they are much better suited to creating a new frame rather than a variant of an existing one.

Primes are an example of this, a stat boost compared to the default frame + a small passive (the energy orbs in void), no changing how powers work or a massive damage dealing passive.

All the idea's you are suggesting would massively change the warframe and I doubt DE wants Umbra to lose its identity as a variant of Excalibur as that is what it is.

At most, its likely going to be: Umbra gets stat boosts similar to what Prime has, plus maybe the "energy orb" passive from orbs they could add to Lua or a similar passive.

• Like 1

In the end all this is not that important because all we need its justa a Umbra frame,for fashion and quest to see what is all about  warframes...DE did say we are going to get him on next big update when they first give us kora frame in the game... so maybe in the end next month we can have Umbra 

Edited by Vlada91

2 hours ago, NovusNova said:

Again, all these idea are cool however they are much better suited to creating a new frame rather than a variant of an existing one.

Primes are an example of this, a stat boost compared to the default frame + a small passive (the energy orbs in void), no changing how powers work or a massive damage dealing passive.

All the idea's you are suggesting would massively change the warframe and I doubt DE wants Umbra to lose its identity as a variant of Excalibur as that is what it is.

At most, its likely going to be: Umbra gets stat boosts similar to what Prime has, plus maybe the "energy orb" passive from orbs they could add to Lua or a similar passive.

That would be a bit stale though. I'd like to see the compass affect the Umbra stats or something for example. Can't wait to see what Steve has in store for us in this regard to finally judge if it was a good wait.

Edited by NightmareT12

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

the max it will have is a new passive like the primes do with the Orbs you find at the void Umbras may have their own, I think this was once said by DE long ago. This alone however can open possibility for many new things, including a new pack of maps just like the void for primes but for umbras something else.

However it's Likely that Moon will be the location related to Umbra at least a the moment.. Maybe there is a portal on the moon that bring us somewhere else.. i don't know.

Unless again the new mechanics has nothing to do with the map like primes do, but with the enemies or... maybe with the light itself if they implemented new light system to warframe then, they could easly add some    Umbraframe > light and shadow mechanics.

see.. a single thing added can change it all.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

the one thing i think that should be unique is the umbra passive/skill ect 

but as some have pointed out the point of the frame Excalibur umbra is to grant a direct upgrade to vanilla for non founders, so more likely it will have the same kit , just cosmetic differences 

till it drops we wont know, but hopefully we learn more of this series and how to obtain more

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

I think new abilities should be there and make it toggleable for people to use the old one too.

Because otherwise, this whole upgrade won't bring any new content.

We are still gonna mod him, play him and run him the exact same way we do now with regular excalibur and the only difference, if any, will be seeing different numbers.

Just look at how differently you play any of the Primes you own to how you play their regular counterparts prior to getting them.

You may be more willing to forma the Prime but otherwise, the same treatment is dealt.

So, it should ideally satisfy both sides of the equation by having new abilities and also old ones, allowing us to toggle or choose between either.

Also, there are lots of examples of same names but different abilities or even life characters. Just look to DC and Marvel with their multiverses and multi-dimensions.

There are some many different types of Batmen and Spidermen each with a different look, ability/trait and sometimes even life but the core identifying factor of them being Batman or Spiderman is always there.

If that was going to be a system I'd rather it not be tied exclusively to umbra. It would also devalue primes, which as one of DE's biggest sellers probably isn't ideal. 

Under that argument, all primes are pointless, and yet they are still wildly popular and embraced. 

Again, primes are wildly popular and embraced content albeit being the same situation. 

Not sure if there is a point here.

Why is it assumed anyone would be dissatisfied in the first place? If people want a new kit, we got those multiple times a year already, they aren't going unfed. And if people wanted a Excal upgrade, it is happening. Not sure why Umbra has to handle all burdens. 

And none of those games are warframe, as far as variants go in this game we've never had a weapon variant not work the same as the core design, maybe it has some slight alterations (and as of late maybe a secondary mechanic) but there is never a change to the fundamental aspects of the weapon series or how it functions. 

^

4 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Under that argument, all primes are pointless, and yet they are still wildly popular and embraced. 

Again, primes are wildly popular and embraced content albeit being the same situation. 

Not sure if there is a point here.

The point is that once you got Primes, you replace your regulars with them.

This is what nearly everyone does.

Who still uses their regular version instead of the Prime version after they got it?

Because both are essentially the same content but 1 has higher numbers.

You will still mod it the same way, play it the same way and potentially even customise it with Tennogen the same way.

Now, if we are gonna do the same with Umbra so why farm for Prime or why farm for Umbra?

Just go for the one that power creeps the other.

On the other hand, if the abilities are different, then there is an actual choice between the two and you will keep both because you will play both differently.

It's the same reasoning as why you may toss Loki away after getting Loki Prime/Umbra but you won't toss Loki away because you got a Trinity Prime/Umbra.

And if it's toggleable then those who want their upgraded reskin of Excalibur can have it while those who want a new frame can have it too. It's a win-win.

Excalibur Umbra is not going to be the only Umbra frame and this means if it's just another Prime, all the other Umbras will just be another Prime.

Primes are already just reskins with some number upgrades.

For people to get 3 skins that have just number upgrades and nothing else that can actually alter gameplay or playstyle and still think of it as new content is beyond me.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

3 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

The point is that once you got Primes, you replace your regulars with them.

This is what nearly everyone does.

Who still uses their regular version instead of the Prime version after they got it? (...)

I do, I'm a collector I have not only the normal ones but as well as their primed version unless if I don't have enough slots when I'm about to get a new warframe or if it's weapons ofc, otherwise I would have to pay too much money to keep every single slot open.

Pretty much when Umbras are released I'll have them as well as their primed and normal ones.

What makes Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur is that he is a swordsman. That's the theme of Excalibur. If you want to play the frames with the same abilities with higher stats than you have the Primes for that.

If Excalibur Umbra does have different abilities, I'd imagine they would be very similar... just more edgy. 

Just now, CaptainStrawberry said:

What makes Excalibur Umbra, Excalibur is that he is a swordsman. That's the theme of Excalibur. If you want to play the frames with the same abilities with higher stats than you have the Primes for that.

If Excalibur Umbra does have different abilities, I'd imagine they would be very similar... just more edgy. 

Heh. Edgy swordsman. I see what you did there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Goldensebos123 said:

This may be a stupid question but, Are the PC players gonna get the Sacrifice quest before the Console players or will both the PC players and Console Players get it at the same time?

PC players always get updates first. However, cinematic quest releases are always the quickest to be sent to cert and released on console due to heavy amounts of lore and DE wanting to get everyone up to speed as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

How many years has Umbra been out in China?

2 and a half

3 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

What are the devs waiting for?

A "proper" story introduction that seemingly didn't begin developing until January of this year.