Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

15 minutes ago, trst said:

Good topic :clem:

On a serious note; Umbra is going to be the biggest blunder in this game's history. Not a single thing DE can do to match the hype players built.

people are still hyped for umbra? I don't understand how someone can have to emotional fortitude to hold onto hype that long. At this point the only way I can be disappointed is if it doesn't add ANTHING new to the gameplay feel considering how long they kept pushing the idea that they wanted it to be something more than a new skin or like another level of prime. Hell umbra could just be a frame that got controlled by the old S#&$ty specter AI when you jump into Operator and i'd be like "ehh cool"

Edited by Jakorak

12 hours ago, Thaylien said:

We know that Steve writes the original script for each quest from his Twitter, recently he released this on there:

Reveal hidden contents

Dad8ENPU8AI5G2c.jpg:large

Combine that with the DevStream 109 comments about having their first read through of the dialogue, and that there will be no more news about the Quest on DevStreams, it likely means that they're happy with enough of the script now to begin full production.

But we know about the change to their Dev Team and what they were previously working on because they announced the game 'The Amazing Eternals' last year, and have since ceased production. Sad, I know, because I wanted to see what that was going to be like.

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2017/08/founders-program-revealed

On DevStream 108, where the 'Frame Fighter' game mode was previewed, they said that the developers of that were a couple of people from the Amazing Eternals team, having returned to the main studio and started working on Warframe again.

So yeah, there's a few things that must be new and different that DE are working on, as Hypernaut1 says, but they're all to do with Warframe right now.

After Amazing Eternals didn't fly and shut down at Christmas, they'll likely spend a few more months consolidating and concepting before they launch out onto a new game entirely as they tried to do there, so we can expect a few blissful months of full-capacity team attention to Warframe.

Interesting.  The fans have had their Voice heard.  They want more Warframe development in all aspects in this Generation and beyond.

.I hope Steve is ok with that and still passionate about it.

13 hours ago, Thaylien said:

We know that Steve writes the original script for each quest from his Twitter, recently he released this on there:

Reveal hidden contents

Dad8ENPU8AI5G2c.jpg:large

Combine that with the DevStream 109 comments about having their first read through of the dialogue, and that there will be no more news about the Quest on DevStreams, it likely means that they're happy with enough of the script now to begin full production.

But we know about the change to their Dev Team and what they were previously working on because they announced the game 'The Amazing Eternals' last year, and have since ceased production. Sad, I know, because I wanted to see what that was going to be like.

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2017/08/founders-program-revealed

On DevStream 108, where the 'Frame Fighter' game mode was previewed, they said that the developers of that were a couple of people from the Amazing Eternals team, having returned to the main studio and started working on Warframe again.

So yeah, there's a few things that must be new and different that DE are working on, as Hypernaut1 says, but they're all to do with Warframe right now.

After Amazing Eternals didn't fly and shut down at Christmas, they'll likely spend a few more months consolidating and concepting before they launch out onto a new game entirely as they tried to do there, so we can expect a few blissful months of full-capacity team attention to Warframe.

Well Geoff is working closely with Steve on the quests aswell. I believe they are both making the script.

17 hours ago, EighthGear said:

Steve said they wanted to ship Umbra as well as Venus open world before Tennocon, but I don't see that happening anytime soonTM. Not that I hold that against them, Venus probably has priority over Umbra at the moment, given the fact it's the big content update the community has been yearning for.

Are you serious? We've been waiting for umbra since the first time [DE]Rebecca said that ot would be coming to the global build back in 2015. Most of the released content in the meantime, PoE included, are ideas that popped up later during the development, so saying that people has been yearning for Venus Open World, a thing that popped up only after the release of PoE, makes nothing but undermine the long wait for Umbra.

17 hours ago, EighthGear said:

My prediction for Umbra release would be around end of August. Perhaps we get another teaser at Tennocon? Who knows.

Teasing the same content 2 times in different versions of the same annual convention would actually say a lot of awful stuff about DE. I wouldn't mind a teaser this year... if we had not have one back in 2017.

19 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

They do.

Recently, Khora, BEFORE 2018. Now 4 months in.
IPS changes also promised before 2018. Scrapped.
Umbra, promised like... 2.5 years ago. Meant to be this year? we'll see.
And updates on Wednesday. Don't make me laugh XD

A lie is when someone intentionally says something false with the intent of deceiving. Neither of these is an example of that.

1. Khora was indeed stated to be coming out before 2018 but then they had to postpone it because the changes that her kit was built around were scrapped because of massive player feedback.

2. The IPS changes were canceled because a large majority of players didn't want them. If I promise to bring you a snack, bring you chocolate, and then you tell me you don't like chocolate then I didn't lie to you. You just didn't want what I was offering. Players didn't like what they were offering so the changes were canceled.

3. Umbra was promised and is being shipped with the Sacrifice. Exactly how have they lied about Umbra?

OK i don't understand that much.This look like is finish like 90% and all need is for actors 2 finish final touch and then is all completed???? OR they just now start with all this and there is long way for this 2 be completed?

O

3 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

I cannot wait to hear the work of Max Howarth in this quest. That man’s voice is so surreal and spiritualistic. Always loved Ballas’ lines. 

How did they even find him? It seems he mainly does commercial/tutorial/corporate work. I'm getting the feeling Warframe is his first ever acting job, and if so, he's dominating it.

Edited by LazerSkink

25 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

How did they even find him? It seems he mainly does commercial/tutorial/corporate work. I'm getting the feeling Warframe is his first ever acting job, and if so, he's dominating it.

I had asked Steve this same question in hopes of answer during his podcast recently. I also believe this may be Howarth’s first VO job as all his other stuff is indeed commercial/corporate work. 

19 hours ago, trst said:

Good topic :clem:

On a serious note; Umbra is going to be the biggest blunder in this game's history. Not a single thing DE can do to match the hype players built.

I’m game to bet on that.  I say it will be great. PHYTE me. 

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73