Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

On 4/19/2018 at 9:39 AM, Screamlord_Star said:

Given how most of our recent "content" has been what seems to be side-project ideas, im assuming they're pooling a massive amount of work into something, it could be that The Sacrifice will be much larger than we expected, or some new game feature that's being saved for tennocon, but i doubt they're being lazy about it

staying on topic, i also doubt The Sacrifice is coming in the next update, much less anytime this month

venus, they are pooling a massive amount of work into venus. they aren't even being discreet about it. 

6 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

OK i don't understand that much.This look like is finish like 90% and all need is for actors 2 finish final touch and then is all completed???? OR they just now start with all this and there is long way for this 2 be completed?

O

The script just recently got finished and now they are starting on the rest of the development. Not remotely close to done. 

5 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

The script just recently got finished and now they are starting on the rest of the development. Not remotely close to done. 

And now we're starting to edge even closer to repeating the War Within situation to a tee. The more information they put out, the worse it gets.

19 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Or it could mean. They finished the voice acting? 

It could, though a single week to get all the voice acting done for a cinematic quest seems kinda quick. I'm just putting it out that one way or the other they did only just finish the script and began working on the more technical stuff last week i.e voice recordings, maps, animation, etc so one way or the other the quest isn't going to be very soon. 

33 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

And now we're starting to edge even closer to repeating the War Within situation to a tee. The more information they put out, the worse it gets.

Or not, I think it was last stream, though maybe the one before that, Steve stated no further information on umbra would be teased up until  it's actual release. 

4 hours ago, Cubewano said:

Or not, I think it was last stream, though maybe the one before that, Steve stated no further information on umbra would be teased up until  it's actual release. 

So maybe in the end we can get for month update in 2 global build.....

1 hour ago, Peixeira said:

I REALLY hope for diferent abilities on Umbra frames!

Me 2 mate me 2. Or yea passive. I did get 1 good example,if he kill 10 enemies his shadow clone come only when you use powers. And when you kill next 50 enemies then 1 more show in that power. Like maybe in Mirage 1 or Ash 4....

14 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Me 2 mate me 2. Or yea passive. I did get 1 good example,if he kill 10 enemies his shadow clone come only when you use powers. And when you kill next 50 enemies then 1 more show in that power. Like maybe in Mirage 1 or Ash 4....

I don' think a shadow clone will be helpfull...

17 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

I don' think a shadow clone will be helpfull...

If in that second you blind enemies your clone can blind in the same time the rest that you didn't blind. If you slash with 1 he can slash next 2 you and finish them... you see my point now?

12 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

Agreed, otherwise Umbra frames are just like primed frames with deluxe skins. 

Primes are just normal with "deluxe" skins so Umbra will likely be the same thing with just a new passive skill like the primes that also have a passive skill. If you want a new complete set of skills you probably are talking about a new warframe with a new name.. it would not be called Excalibur otherwise.

Don't expect too much other than the passive skill and OR better stats max, Hype too much and you will likely be disappointed on the end. I'm more hyped about the fashion that he has so I'm likely on the safe area of not being disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, modalmojo said:

Agreed, otherwise Umbra frames are just like primed frames with deluxe skins. 

Nothing wrong with that, keeps Umbra from turning into further power creep we don't need, especially if they aren't going to come for all frames like they've implied. As far as I'm concerned I expect umbra's to be like a prime 2.0 for older primes, since it's been a long standing request for older primes to get new models using the more recent design standards and Umbra's present a perfect opportunity to do so. Anything further could probably pose marketing problems for any future prime access. 

Edited by Cubewano

Almost certainly not going to happen. If they were going to do a new frame they'd just do a new frame. Seems like Umbra as a concept was just a way to give China a chance at the "real" Excalibur without re-releasing his Prime. And if console users ever had a chance at it, it probably never would see light outside of China, but... seems now like everyone will have their chance.

As a founder that might mean Excalibur+2.0 might not interest you much... but for everyone else it's a shot at something resembling the "true" version of the game's poster boy... which is going to be exciting for some.

Edited by (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy

3 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

They added this new Void room in Sanctuary Onslaught, I found it only in normal mode. Do you think we will see this room in The Sacrifice quest? 

QnttTJy.jpg

1DplpkD.jpg

blddr3f.jpg

Sanctuary Onslaught was pretty much developed by the time Steve announced that level-building for the quest commenced. So it’s unlikely. It’s starting to look like the Sacrifice will have its own custom tiles. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

2 hours ago, Gabriel_98 said:

They added this new Void room in Sanctuary Onslaught, I found it only in normal mode. Do you think we will see this room in The Sacrifice quest? 

QnttTJy.jpg

1DplpkD.jpg

blddr3f.jpg

HOLY HELL, the old Raid mission room from way back. It's an old tile, nothing to do with the Sacrifice. I was not expecting it to ever return.

• Like 1