Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

5 hours ago, Cingal said:

Too bad. That's the arrangement that was made.

DE can do whatever they want. They can release Excal Prime tomorrow if they really wanted.

But, do you seriously want to play a game by developers who'd wilfully show that kinda disrespect the people who founded the game in the first place?

Does it even matter? This topic has nothing to do with Founder gear. Everyone is getting Excalibur Umbra regardless of feedback, and Founders are going to keep all their exclusives with no difference aside from access to a third Excalibur. No loss, only gain. I thought the period of expressed discontent with the frame's existence was over ages ago. It's lame to you, not all Founders share this opinion.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cingal said:

DE can do whatever they want. They can release Excal Prime tomorrow if they really wanted.

But, do you seriously want to play a game by developers who'd wilfully show that kinda disrespect the people who founded the game in the first place?

This is ridiculous to me. Excal Umbra isn't Excal Prime. They don't even look the same. The Prime is staying exclusive, and will almost certainly remain that way forever. Everyone else is getting Umbra specifically BECAUSE founders tend toward this sort of rhetoric of "I can only enjoy the game if others enjoy it less than me." To whine about Umbra is some serious next level entitlement.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

Man, I feel like it's close

I'd put my coins on late may/early june even if it means venus open world being released after tennocon. I'll be happy if umbra isn't as buggy as beasts of the sanctuary and drop chances of his parts are reasonable (unlike vandals on ESO)

Edited by ----Legacy----

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

My God the entitlement in this reply is astonishing..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I'd put my coins on late may/early june even if it means venus open world being released after tennocon. I'll be happy if umbra isn't as buggy as beasts of the sanctuary and drop chances of his parts are reasonable (unlike vandals on ESO)

Less time probably, if they have worked on the cinematics already then the only thing that needs to be done is what they are doing right now, a.k.a. editing the sounds and so on.

Let's say they know the place it will happen and the characters, then they must have finished the animations and so on by now, so the only thing needed now is having to edit the sounds a.k.a. applying effects, maybe background noises etc.

You could even say that the sound editing is the last step needed now, and that they will release it next week or so.

This is just an idea on how it works anyway, every studio has it's way of working on stuff.

I do hope it's finally on the corner tho since I just updated my warframe client, it's ready to umbra now just like I'm too.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Less time probably, if they have worked on the cinematics already then the only thing that needs to be done is what they are doing right now, a.k.a. editing the sounds and so on.

Let's say they know the place it will happen and the characters, then they must have finished the animations and so on by now, so the only thing needed now is having to edit the sounds a.k.a. applying effects, maybe background noises etc.

You could even say that the sound editing is the last step needed now, and that they will release it next week or so.

This is just an idea on how it works anyway, every studio has it's way of working on stuff.

I do hope it's finally on the corner tho since I just updated my warframe client, it's ready to umbra now just like I'm too.

Next year.

3 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Does it even matter? This topic has nothing to do with Founder gear. Everyone is getting Excalibur Umbra regardless of feedback, and Founders are going to keep all their exclusives with no difference aside from access to a third Excalibur. No loss, only gain. I thought the period of expressed discontent with the frame's existence was over ages ago. It's lame to you, not all Founders share this opinion.

This, it has nothing to do with Excal Prime or any of the Founders content, there's nothing to lose from this, if anything only to gain.(Like mix and matching Umbra and Prime helmets). Also why was this even brought up again? We already talked about this specific topic on this thread for a few times and ended it with the same conclusion, if anything it seems like someone is just trying to stir things up again.

1 hour ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

you are right sound editing is usually the last step

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

This, it has nothing to do with Excal Prime or any of the Founders content, there's nothing to lose from this, if anything only to gain.(Like mix and matching Umbra and Prime helmets). Also why was this even brought up again? We already talked about this specific topic on this thread for a few times and ended it with the same conclusion, if anything it seems like someone is just trying to stir things up again.

Honestly, I'm starting to feel like these so called 'founders' are actually a bunch of arrogant and childish homo sapiens not to mention they probably have a difficulty in understanding simple English, or maybe they are just petty humans who take pride in trying to be the whinny little creatures they are over an issue that has no basis for a counter argument. It's already long been established that Umbra is gonna be a new line warframes so why even compare it to a prime warframe ie Excalibur Prime? Also since Excalibur has basically been the mascot of the game since the beginning it's perfectly logical for DE to make Excalibur the first warframe to get an Umbra variant. What this has to do and how it contradicts with Excalibur Prime (which isn't even that great imo) doesn't seem remotely logical. The only people who possibly could have an issue with it are the Chinese and that being said, their entire game is somewhat on a different platform compared to our global build. So in conclusion, founders should really get their s**t together and stop being petty little humans fighting a baseless argument just because they want to feel like they have something to say. Also I would like to say that this comment is directed to the specific founders who are still salty about the whole Umbra issue after 3 years and not at all founders as a whole because I'm sure not everyone shares their misguided opinion.

Cheers for your time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Verzachi said:

My God the entitlement in this reply is astonishing..

I mean, we founded the game. We shouldn't have to be constantly defending stuff we got as a reward for ensuring warframe became what it is.

Turning around and saying "It's okay, it's not Prime because we called it something else and painted it black" is just being incredibly dishonest towards forwards.

4 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

2 hours ago, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

Either way, it's nice to have the feeling of it being close. As Tyl Regor would say, "I'm very excited now. The anticipation!"

It could be getting close, i just don't want to build up too much hype.

11 hours ago, Cingal said:

Man, you're literally insulted by Excalibur Umbra looks being better then Prime's (and this is actually subjective). Why? Won't you be able to use this frame too?

I guess you're feeling bad about it because there will be no way to play better looking frame and show off your exclusives at the same time. Am I right?

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Man, you're literally insulted by Excalibur Umbra looks being better then Prime's (and this is actually subjective). Why? Won't you be able to use this frame too?

I guess you're feeling bad about it because there will be no way to play better looking frame and show off your exclusives at the same time. Am I right?

I just think DE should stay true to their word and not try to wiggle out of this sorta thing by renaming and recolouring. It's insulting.

1 minute ago, Cingal said:

I just think DE should stay true to their word and not try to wiggle out of this sorta thing by renaming and recolouring. It's insulting.

And what was their word? That Excalibur Prime will never come back. Is it coming back? No.

As we've been told, Umbra is certainly going to differentiate from Prime. Other frames are going to get Umbra variants too. So why should Excalibur be excluded?

14 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Excalibur Umbra exists just as a way to let DE stay true to their word. You're free to not to get it if you don't want it in your account.

39 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Umbra is absolutely not a recolor of prime. A non-founder cannot apply excal prime's helmet or skin to excal umbra. Excalibur umbra is, and I don't know if you are ignoring this on purpose, a completely separate warframe from which you can get 6000 more MR. It has a different helmet, different golden baubles, a scarf, and an entire questline.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cingal said:

Having Umbra in the game seems pretty lame towards founders.

Especially given how lack-luster Excal prime is in regards to looks.

On the bright side, after Excalibur Umbra release:

1. We get less whine and hate from non-Founders for just having Excalibur Prime or being a Founder.

2. DE finally can buff Excalibur Prime to be in line with what other prime frames are in terms of stat upgrade to their non-prime version. I am sure you must be sick of the 25 armor only upgrade by now. So, more energy or something could be nice.

I think it's a win-win.

Just let them have their Excalibur Prime 2.0 since I am sure you know function-wise, it is just another Excalibur and we will always have the exclusive version.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Like 1