Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

It's unacceptable to constantly go after Founder's because of a bunch of bitter people. It's our reward for helping make Warframe what it is. There's many other warframes, and I have no problem with an Umbra Volt, Umbra Ember, or whatever else.

Excalibur umbra, minus accessories, looks basically exactly like Excalibur Prime. If you're selling a cosmetic to a group of people with a promise of not realising it, realising something almost exactly the same under a different name is a real S#&$ty thing to do.

Stop going after Founder's and making them feel like they made the wrong choice in buying Founder's to begin with.

21 minutes ago, Cingal said:

It's unacceptable to constantly go after Founder's because of a bunch of bitter people. It's our reward for helping make Warframe what it is. There's many other warframes, and I have no problem with an Umbra Volt, Umbra Ember, or whatever else.

Excalibur umbra, minus accessories, looks basically exactly like Excalibur Prime. If you're selling a cosmetic to a group of people with a promise of not realising it, realising something almost exactly the same under a different name is a real S#&$ty thing to do.

Stop going after Founder's and making them feel like they made the wrong choice in buying Founder's to begin with.

Ok, your position is perfectly clear. I'm very glad there are not many players like you.

Edited by Ksaero

3 hours ago, Cingal said:

Is there something you're trying to accomplish? If it's just stating your position, that's pretty clear. If you're trying to bring about change, however, it's pointless. Most moved on after the initial leak two and a half years ago, and bringing up the exact same topic again just seems like an attempt to stir something. Excalibur Umbra is being released to everyone. You can either play through the quest and sell him if you despise him that much, or just keep him, but getting angry over other people having access to one frame that isn't even the exclusive in question (and just a frame, it's not like Lato Umbra, Skana Umbra, Umbra Founder badges, Umbra sigils, and Umbra profile+forum accolades are being released) gives off a vibe of a bit too much entitlement.

And yes, I do agree you have a right to feel entitled, but to the items you paid for. I also agree that it's not right to go after Founders, as they've done nothing wrong. It's DE's lack of planning for the future that all this happened, and they've expressed regret with how they handled the Founder situation, but even so, they've made it clear the Founder gear will remain exclusive.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 3

It sounds to me like a lot of people are just very upset people have something shiney they don't and are trying desperately to get shinies they're not entitled to.

Sounds more to me like you're blatantly generalizing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

Sounds more to me like you're blatantly generalizing.

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years. I think I'm being pretty accurate.

You should really just respect the people who made Warframe what it is by founding the game.

Edited by Cingal

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years. I think I'm being pretty accurate.

You should really just respect the people who made Warframe what it is by founding the game.

Continued generalizations. If you're referring to me personally, never did I ask for a replacement Excalibur Prime. If you're referring to the non Founders, not every single one of them asked for a replacement Excalibur Prime. Also, people will respect who they choose to respect. Now it  looks to me you're entitled to more than just your gear.

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, GuiltedChaos said:

I personally don't care about Umbra or Prime. But, Umbra is coming regardless if you like it or not. If you absolutely can't stand it, you can always just leave. :awkward:

My only hope is the DE does the right thing and refund founders for not keeping their promise, or give new founder items.

9 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Dude....seriously?? :crylaugh:

And you expect a refund for Excal Prime because of Umbra?? Please do everyone a favor and leave this post. Don't think we need more hate on the topic, especially with stuck-minded people like you. As many countless people said ALREADY, Umbra is a different frame and has nothing to do with Excal Prime, his looks and his abilities possibly.

Your demands are unreasonable and I feel sorry for you...hope our joy for Umbra brings refund to your heart's missing content!

Be seeing you all soon on the UMRA MO%$#&FU%#$*@! PARADE !

1 minute ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

Dude....seriously?? :crylaugh:

And you expect a refund for Excal Prime because of Umbra?? Please do everyone a favor and leave this post. Don't think we need more hate on the topic, especially with stuck-minded people like you. As many countless people said ALREADY, Umbra is a different frame and has nothing to do with Excal Prime, his looks and his abilities possibly.

Your demands are unreasonable and I feel sorry for you...hope our joy for Umbra brings refund to your heart's missing content!

Be seeing you all soon on the UMRA MO%$#&FU%#$*@! PARADE !

Warframe wouldn't be here without founders.

The fact you can't even respect that and let these people have the items they bought speak pretty strongly about the kind of person you are.

5 minutes ago, Cingal said:

The fact you can't even respect that and let these people have the items they bought speak pretty strongly about the kind of person you are.

C'mon dude,he just trying 2 be positive. Umbra is dark version from prime and its about the quest for frames.We all can have fun and play the story that we all need and wont.There is milion games for funders that in the end you can have latter that legendary armors in founder pack,or skins or bonus characters....DE did this in desperation when they start with beta and the whore looking for best way to get money.And in 3 months there who's next prime frame and next and next.They didnt stop just with founder,they are here because more and more primes and updates in the game that they selling....So be the man and move on

Edited by Vlada91

29 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Yeah and where would Warframe be without its entire playerbase? Money are not produced from the air, you know. So I demand you to respect every active player of the game. Now.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Yeah and where would Warframe be without its entire playerbase? Money are not produced from the air, you know. So I demand you to respect every active player of the game. Now.

I do. I'm not saying that the items on the cash shop should be made free, or that players don't deserve the various event items which get distributed.

But founders deserve their exclusives, not DE trying to weasel through loopholes to get at them.

6 minutes ago, Cingal said:

I do. I'm not saying that the items on the cash shop should be made free, or that players don't deserve the various event items which get distributed.

But founders deserve their exclusives, not DE trying to weasel through loopholes to get at them.

who knows,maybe founder dudes can get free umbra :P

Edited by Vlada91

Just now, Cingal said:

As was stated numerous times, you've signed up only for Excalibur Prime (besides weapons and badges stuff). DE never promised to never release other Excalibur variants. It was naive to think warframes will only have 1 variant, considering how many weapon variants we have.

And while Excalibur Umbra was originally created as a replacement of Excalibur Prime for Chinaframe founders, it grew to something more over time. What we are going to get is not Excalibur Prime 2 (although even that wouldn't break DE's promise), but a warframe of new series which was promised to differentiate from Prime line.

Umbra warframes should not devalue Primes for an obvious reason - selling Prime Accesses. Ember Umbra won't devalue Ember Prime. Nyx Umbra won't devalue Nyx Prime. Excalibur Umbra won't devalue Excalibur Prime. Demanding to prevent a single warframe which is loved by many from getting new versions just because you own an exclusive one that in your opinion looks worse is a manifest of greed and jealousy as well as disrespect for many players who support the game and patiently wait for their favourite warframe to finally get a new version with better stats and looks.

• Like 2

You really need to accept the fact that founders are not the sole reason warframe is what it  has become today. You founded the game and that's an important stage no doubt but it's the community of players who spent money whether it be 5 dollars or 500 that has sustained the game and allowed it grow so far. What's the problem with everyone who helped the game grow and live when the developers had no idea it would survive this long, receive a reward? It doesn't devalue what you have by 1 cent. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

You really need to accept the fact that founders are not the sole reason warframe is what it  has become today. You founded the game and that's an important stage no doubt but it's the community of players who spent money whether it be 5 dollars or 500 that has sustained the game and allowed it grow so far. What's the problem with everyone who helped the game grow and live when the developers had no idea it would survive this long, receive a reward? It doesn't devalue what you have by 1 cent. 

If it doesn't devalue it, there's absolutely no reason it can't be another warframe, and not a unique style itself, instead of clearly being an editted version of Excalibur Prime.

2 minutes ago, Cingal said:

If it doesn't devalue it, there's absolutely no reason it can't be another warframe, and not a unique style itself, instead of clearly being an editted version of Excalibur Prime.

The reason is exactly what you think it is,  to give everyone, founders and non alike a chance to have a buff and unique excalibur, whether they joined in 2013 or 2018, or spent 250 or played free. The important factor it being NON exclusive. Excalibur prime and all his glory will forever be yours and Similar founders exclusively. Excalibur Umbra is a means for us to come together, and settle the differences between founders and non founders.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

The reason is exactly what you think it is,  to give everyone, founders and non alike a chance to have a buff and unique excalibur, whether they joined in 2013 or 2018, or spent 250 or played free. The important factor it being NON exclusive. Excalibur prime and all his glory will forever be yours and Similar founders exclusively. Excalibur Umbra is a means for us to come together, and settle the differences between founders and non founders.

So you're saying it's purpose is to take away the exclusivity which founders have?