(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

10 hours ago, Cingal said:

I just think DE should stay true to their word and not try to wiggle out of this sorta thing by renaming and recolouring. It's insulting.

Dude just remember there will be other umbras it's te new set of warframe not just Excalibur, please stop alright it's not called prime so it's not prime thats it, if i had the money to buy Excal Prime back then I would not be *@##$ing right now with Umbra, instead I would be way happier with another set of warframe.

Excal umbra is not excal prime that is why there is nothing to complain about. any complains is pointless and useless

Edited by ---UMBRA---
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cingal said:

I do. I'm not saying that the items on the cash shop should be made free, or that players don't deserve the various event items which get distributed.

But founders deserve their exclusives, not DE trying to weasel through loopholes to get at them.

You know what, you should be bit*ching about Primes in general instead of umbra, since as you know primes would not be a thing as DE said once, primes turned to be a thing after non-founders and founders asked to get the other frames primed if I'm right.

The end of the story is that you are *@##$'ing about something that has nothing to do with Founders nor their exclusive gears. Dark version of primes was already something people (including me) were thinking about long ago when the first primes were released, their time has come and we will get it. NOW, here is the thing, EXCALIBUR PRIME was an unfair thing because Excalibur is sort of the main frame and ever was, making it exclusive and inaccessible to anyone else was highly unfair with normal players and then you come to me and say it's unfair to release Umbra (that is exaclty a new set of warframes (a.k.a. Excal Umbra, Rhino umbra, Loki Umbra etc)? Cmon dude.

Ok then, from now on, let's only release founder exclusive items, I guess now you will be happy right? even tho only you will play it alone.

• Applause 3

9 hours ago, Cingal said:

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years.

Umbra IS the compromise. You get Prime as exclusive, everyone can have access to a similar but different frame; the Umbra. -That- is the compromise, and it's quite clear that it is you who cannot accept it.

Compromise is about finding middle ground. That's what Umbra does. It doesn't give others Excalibur Prime, it gives them something similar. Nor does it take your Prime away.

Apparently your definition of compromise is that you get exactly what you want, and everyone else gets nothing resembling what they want. So what im saying is... you need a new dictionary. Yours is broken.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Guys, the horse is dead, we can stop beating it now.  

Instead, we should be discussing how we'll give Umbra a scraggly goatee, a pretentious coffee, and have him talk endlessly about indie films "you've probably never heard of".  

. . . Or is that just me. . .

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

We are all just litler nerves and that's all. When he comes in global build we can see that is all going to be fine in the end. Because DE know what is doing. And we will have fun like always.... I just hope for more information or something Dee to show in upcoming devstream.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Guys, the horse is dead, we can stop beating it now.  

Instead, we should be discussing how we'll give Umbra a scraggly goatee, a pretentious coffee, and have him talk endlessly about indie films "you've probably never heard of".  

. . . Or is that just me. . .

He's not vintage enough. Excalibur Prime should be the '... but you probably haven't heard of it (haven't even got it)' one. Umbra is the EDGY one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cingal said:

You refuse to accept any compromise that doesn't mean you getting these long awaited shinies you've been craving for years. I think I'm being pretty accurate.

You should really just respect the people who made Warframe what it is by founding the game.

Hahahahaha What? How is Umbra not LITERALLY a compromise? Let me get this straight, you don't want Excalibur to get a universal prime. That's cool, I agree there. But you also want him to be excluded from the entirely new series of umbra frames too? And somehow everyone else is unwilling to compromise? I'm sorry you feel like people are "going after founders," but founders themselves aren't the problem. It is specifically your attitude towards the rest of the player base. I'm sorry you can't look closely enough at Umbra to see the NUMEROUS differences between the two frames. I hope, for the love of god, that when Umbra comes out, Prime gets a decent buff, but honestly, I don't think you care about the usability of it in the first place. You literally just don't want other people to have nice things and that is pretty lame of you. You have it in your head that the majority of the player base doesn't respect the founders. What you aren't realizing is that what you actually want is for the majority of the player base to respect you the way YOU want them to- i.e. if they want Umbra, that must mean that they are coming for your founder status. Believe it or not, respect of the founders has nothing to do with it at all. Most of the founders that I have met, thankfully, continued to care about the game at large afterwards, and not just themselves. Take a long hard look at yourself and ask what you are bringing to the table NOW. You know what? I hadn't even heard of Warframe 5 years ago. I wasn't around back then. I play on console, where there are no founders. Your "legacy" is pretty meaningless to me. I can respect the players that supported the game I now love when it was in its infancy, but I'm not going to deify them. Whatever you think you were promised (it wasn't that Excalibur would never receive a global upgrade), DE has promised a lot more people Umbra. To not deliver at this point because you feel like your exclusive bauble is threatened would be the farthest thing from "good for the community." If it were up to me, Excalibur Prime would receive a sizeable buff with the release of The Sacrifice and all founders would receive an alternate helmet and an exclusive armor set to compensate. If DE does more than just port Umbra from chinaframe, I think a lot of this disagreement could be put to rest. Perhaps Umbras could have reworked passive abilities to further separate them from Primes? Excal could get some minor stealth tools, Frost Umbra could be a quicker CC frame, Volt could be tankier, etc.

Edited by (XB1)No Porpoise
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

We are all just litler nerves and that's all. When he comes in global build we can see that is all going to be fine in the end. Because DE know what is doing. And we will have fun like always.... I just hope for more information or something Dee to show in upcoming devstream.

DE stated in one of the latest devstreams that there would be no talk about umbra in the upcoming ones, so we'll either have to keep an eye on twitter in order to have further info.

-----------------------------

About Cingal (the last founder who thinks of Umbra as a way to go after founder status), all i can say is this:

bf9.jpg

Just stop feeding the troll.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

Given the way things work, god knows how long Excalibur Umbra will be the only Umbra and also god knows if it will be so good that it makes Excalibur Prime more of a gimp than an actually usable frame.

Couple that with the fact of how Excalibur Prime looks like a regular Excalibur with an ugly helmet, there would be zero reason to ever use it.

That will be like buying a hammer to hammer a nail, only to later find out that everyone is given an electric drill for absolutely free. At that point, using the hammer and even the thought that he/she paid money for it will just make the user seem dumb.

Thats not just a problem to founders, but everyone who ever bought prime access. And thats why they wont intentionally make umbras better than primes, because they still want people to buy prime access. I see two possible outcomes:

The usual DE way: They will release umbra to be stronger than excal AND excal prime. The Playerbase, especially founders, will be mad and make them nerf it to uselessness.

The way I actually believe it could happen this time: They manage to find a way to make umbra different from standard and prime that is not just changing a few numbers, and people will be happy because they have two upgrade options of their favourite frame that they can choose from.

• Satisfied 1

As someone who is not a founder myself, i'm personally hoping that Excalibur prime gets a bit of a buff whether or not Excalibur umbra is stronger than base excal.

I looked up Excalibur prime on the wiki long ago after getting into warframe to see what it was that founders were rewarded with and quickly came to the conclusion that he could use a buff

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Cyndocrit said:

Oh boy, this thread better not close. The salt is turning into thick hard prisma crystals.

The thread is not closing, it's just being mentioned to stop with this topic since it has been already solved before and there is no reason to discuss it further.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

You could have easily just put the URL in Google and searched by image

https://senpai-augustine.tumblr.com/post/163952565393/the-sacrifice-i-am-not-hyped-about-plains-of

Yes. Yes. >_>

And to comment on the drawing, I think it has an interesting artstyle, reminds something straight from a story book. Which also leads me to think about Aruthurian legend. 

52 minutes ago, Cyndocrit said:

Oh boy, this thread better not close. The salt is turning into thick hard prisma crystals.

People have always been salty about Founders getting their reward.

Hopefully DE sees sense and makes it so the Excal prime reskin is just an NPC or something, It seems odd that DE would betray a bunch of founders just to appease people who've done nothing but whine about people who've helped make warframe what it is for years at this point.

• Haha 7
  • Applause 1

40 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Hopefully DE sees sense and makes it so the Excal prime reskin is just an NPC or something, It seems odd that DE would betray a bunch of founders just to appease people who've done nothing but whine about people who've helped make warframe what it is for years at this point.

ok, are you actually just trolling right now?

'cuz if so nice meme m'dude

• Applause 4
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, erasthmus said:

ok, are you actually just trolling right now?

'cuz if so nice meme m'dude

He's not trolling, this is a real problem.

We hope that DE sees the light and builds a wall around Excal prime to keep all the ungrateful scrubs from taking away our reskins. Need to put a ban on all future updates too just in case some disgruntled jealous designer sneaks Umbra in and gives everyone access to it. 

In fact let's just disable the use of Excalibur altogether, and remove him from the inventory of all non-founders, just to be safe.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 7

1 hour ago, Cingal said:

Excal Umbra is not an Excal Prime reskin. This isn't a betrayal of Founders. Excal Umbra is a different version of Excalibur that happens to have gold.

Also, stop derailing this thread. It's called "Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation]" for a reason.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Upvote 2