Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 minutes ago, Deimos_Lynx said:

Judging by the little teaser that Steve gave us on twitter, I'm 90% sure it will play a major part on the sacrifice

Reveal hidden contents

oyJIvK3.jpg

Maybe it will change the first cinematic we will see as soon as we start the quest? I dunno, but at least that "full moon" is really a clue about the morality system

I saw that too. At first I was thinking it was related to the morality system but after I thought about it could be referring to a literal full moon (Lua), since the script mentions Orokin spires and Earth doesn't have any evidence of prior Orokin structures, so far as we know. I hope that if it is related to the morality system that's its not just a single cutscene that gets affected.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Good luck with that hahaha

Seriously someone ask a mod to hit them with a temporal ban for derailing this thread for so long.

I'm talking about potential changes to Umbra to make it fair towards Founders and not take away their exclusivity.

I don't see that as being particularly off-topic or derailing.

4 hours ago, Cingal said:

It's up to DE if they choose to respect founders or not.

If the go ahead with Umbra as is, I know myself an several other founders plan to lodge a refund request for them failing to keep their promise of exclusivity.

Man this is really divided then, I knew several founders who did not care at all with umbra (yes I knew since I stopped with warframe long ago, and i'm about to return when umbra releases)

Anyway, to end this all, Umbra != Prime, they are different frames, if Umbra is powerful it makes alot of sense since you know it can be probably the next set of warframe, and probably after Umbra will be another set of warframe.

Don't bother asking for refund since DE never broke and never will break their promise, I know that for a fact since I have asked DE privately to get access to Excal Prime since I had the money to do that I did not had before when it was first released, DE apologized for me saying they could not do that since it would be unfair to founders.

The end of this all, Umbras are Umbras, Primes are Primes, there is no more sense continuing this discussion because you and some of those founders you speak are just blinded by the fact that you could always stand on the Tenno Relay A.F.K. showing your Excalibur prime for those who cared to be around praising you.

So, you paid for what you got, and Umbra and future sets has nothing to do with it, so I guess.. Deal with it? You are wrong don't be blind.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

47 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Man this is really divided then, I knew several founders who did not care at all with umbra (yes I knew since I stopped with warframe long ago, and i'm about to return when umbra releases)

Anyway, to end this all, Umbra != Prime, they are different frames, if Umbra is powerful it makes alot of sense since you know it can be probably the next set of warframe, and probably after Umbra will be another set of warframe.

Don't bother asking for refund since DE never broke and never will break their promise, I know that for a fact since I have asked DE privately to get access to Excal Prime since I had the money to do that I did not had before when it was first released, DE apologized for me saying they could not do that since it would be unfair to founders.

The end of this all, Umbras are Umbras, Primes are Primes, there is no more sense continuing this discussion because you and some of those founders you speak are just blinded by the fact that you could always stand on the Tenno Relay A.F.K. showing your Excalibur prime for those who cared to be around praising you.

So, you paid for what you got, and Umbra and future sets has nothing to do with it, so I guess.. Deal with it? You are wrong don't be blind.

Whilst your desperate for the Excalibur Prime is.. .Charming... Do you not think that given you've gone to such lengths, you may perhaps be biased when it comes to such things being released to the general public?

Again, nobody has yet answered as to why Umbra couldn't be radically different and why it instead had to copy heavily the Excalibur prime which already exists.

You know when some animal's with horns when they are older,the biger horns they gets. What if Umbra is oldeest prime frame that he change title in to shadow frame and that they all know him as Umbra. He have some blades on arm's and legs more armor and scarfs on him and all that extra gold become bigger because he is much older. Like some ranger warrior... he maybe is new in the game but in stories he maybe weary old... maybe in going to create short comic in that idea. 🤔😏👌

Edited by Vlada91

50 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Whilst your desperate for the Excalibur Prime is.. .Charming... Do you not think that given you've gone to such lengths, you may perhaps be biased when it comes to such things being released to the general public?

Again, nobody has yet answered as to why Umbra couldn't be radically different and why it instead had to copy heavily the Excalibur prime which already exists.

Think of Excalibur Umbra as a Tennogen skin. Besides, he won't have the same stats as Excalibur Prime, I have more trust in DE than that and we will likely see an update on Excalibur Prime's stats and a damage boost to Radial Javelin. 

1 hour ago, Cingal said:

Again, nobody has yet answered as to why Umbra couldn't be radically different...

Actually it's been answered a few times. You just absolutely refuse to hear anything but what you want. Your anger and confirmation bias forbid it.

Umbra has to look at least close to Prime because it's an Excalibur skin, just like Prime (and several others). Meaning it needs to use the same skeleton, rigging and allow for the interchangeable parts. So it has to be close, because they both use the same base and parts. It also needs the gold because it's Orokin tech, and gold is their thing. All Orokin tech has gold accents. They are the gold people. Literally.

• Like 1

I really like the color combinations on Umbra. So many possibilities! 

And honestly I hope they still keep the gold parts on his hands (or be able to toggle them like in the chinese variant). Basic model already exists for Umbra so i don't think they have much work to do on it, so bigger attention to his abilities and the actual quest imo is much more needed. 

Also existing and new helmets (even though i believe this one is the BEST out of all Excaliburs) to use on Umbra would be really nice! :heart:

Edited by ChaosWolfGR
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

And honestly I hope they still keep the gold parts on his hands (or be able to toggle them like in the chinese variant). Basic model already exists for Umbra so i don't think they have much work to do on it, so bigger attention to his abilities and the actual quest imo is much more needed. 

Also existing and new helmets (even though i believe this one is the BEST out of all Excaliburs) to use on Umbra would be really nice! :heart:

I'm excited to see all the different skin/helmet combos people come up with when Umbra releases, because Excalibur has so much fashion, including the platform-exclusive skins.

1 час назад, ChaosWolfGR сказал:

The sad thing that excal onyx skin will not fit with excal umbra parts.

Listed here 

Edited by ---UMBRA---

3 hours ago, Cingal said:

I've answered this several times (as have others), but hey, here I go again:

Mike "Mynki" Brennan created a doodle that was honed into Excalibur, the first Warframe to be designed. Excalibur was a lean, streamlined figure that stands in contrast so some of the more ornate frames that have come out lately. His silhoutte is less distinct, but his elegance remains, and as the first Warframe, he became its poster child.

When funding Warframe, DE reached out for help. They offered a slightly fancier version of Excalibur to those who might contribute financially to Warframe's development. Excalibur was chosen to be the first Prime because, as boster boy, he symbolises the IP as a whole. Excalibur Prime closely resembled Excalibur because Excalibur's 'look' is something used to promote the IP.

Deep into Warframe's development, the team starts beefing up the presentation of its story, with cinematic quests. The first of these focus on the Tenno, on who and what they are, what happened to them, and why. The next quest (The Sacrifice) is intended to answer similar questions about the Warframes and the people who made them, therefore, it makes sense for its reward to be a Warframe.

Excalibur was the first frame, and the first Prime frame, and his importance to the franchise means that he's the primary choice to be the first Umbra frame. Just like Excalibur Prime, Excalibur Umbra has to look at least somewhat like Excalibur. If he doesn't look like Excalibur, there's no point in him being a variant of Excalibur, and the point of him being a variant of Excalibur is to a) promote the poster boy and throw up images of him on gaming websites when the Sacrifice launches, and b) to link Warframe's constant design evolution and iteration back to the frame that started everything.

He doesn't look any closer to Excalibur Prime than the Stalker does (for obvious reasons) - or than a whole host of pre-existing Excalibur skins do. Further he will be radically different. His stats will be different, his story will be built into the lore of the game. He may have aditional features and abilities, he may just have different polarities... we don't know. We know that the Umbra line will include a new line of Warframe variants but that, unlike Prime, not every frame will have an Umbra variant. We don't know what qualifies or disqualifies a frame from Umbra consideration, just that Excalibur, as the first, passes the check.

1 hour ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

I wonder how many Stalkers we'll see once he launches.

Edited by SaferSaviour
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cingal said:

id suggest read the op FAQ section as ive mentioned previously....if needed i can point you toward ,quite a few founders/dc that can bring you up to speed , plenty of founders have been actively participating in this thread since its beginning\

But sad to say your roughly 3 years late on this argument..... please read up on it and / or start your own thread on the subject is my suggestion.? either way its not inline with the topic at hand which is the umbra warframes themselves not founder themselves

weve had enough derailment, so please desist 

• Like 7

4 часа назад, Cingal сказал:

Cry some more it wont change anything

10 hours ago, Cingal said:

I'm talking about potential changes to Umbra to make it fair towards Founders and not take away their exclusivity.

I don't see that as being particularly off-topic or derailing.

So, and this is a genuine question because I do actually want to know, what, in your opinion would make excalibur umbra fair to founders? as far as tweaks and changes go regarding either his release, quest, or the frame in general?