Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

8 hours ago, Cingal said:

Whilst your desperate for the Excalibur Prime is.. .Charming... Do you not think that given you've gone to such lengths, you may perhaps be biased when it comes to such things being released to the general public?

Again, nobody has yet answered as to why Umbra couldn't be radically different and why it instead had to copy heavily the Excalibur prime which already exists.

You haven't done a good enough job of explaining how the release of Umbra infringes on Excalibur Prime. You've asserted the similarity means Umbra's existence is solely an underhanded tactic to re-release Excalibur prime without appearing to break their promise but that's all you've done, assert. 

This isn't a case of copyright infringement, both of these are designed, created, and differentiated by DE. You technically own nothing, just a collection of intrinsically worthless digital information that renders into something only you have access to. You can already decorate and re-skin the original Excalibur already to look as near-prime as you want, but all that matters is when you look at someone's loadout whether or not it says "Excalibur" or "Excalibur Prime". You still hold exclusive ownership of something that will never be available again, DE's promise will not be broken and they are free to continue making new iterations of all frames including Excalibur so long as his Prime variant remains exclusive. They could make 5 more gold fringed variants of Excalibur but as long as the specific variant digitally registered as Excalibur Prime never becomes available again the promise remains unbroken.

You and your friends are still free to claim otherwise, DE is free to reject your claim/refund, and the community at large is free to find the entirety of this drama absurd. A drama that originated over what is essentially a digital badge of appreciation that hasn't actually been given to anyone else but is similar enough to the new content which you seem so keen on restricting while simultaneously boasting that we wouldn't be here if it weren't for your support. That sounds a lot like a S#&$ty publisher like EA, support the game's early life but then curb stomp it's later development because you don't like what's being done; I'd say DE should do away with such toxic excuses for founders as soon as possible by refund or other means as nothing good has ever come from the graves of franchises ruined by such methods.

Edited by Beartornado

8 hours ago, Cingal said:

Whilst your desperate for the Excalibur Prime is.. .Charming... Do you not think that given you've gone to such lengths, you may perhaps be biased when it comes to such things being released to the general public?

Again, nobody has yet answered as to why Umbra couldn't be radically different and why it instead had to copy heavily the Excalibur prime which already exists.

Simple, it does not copy Excalibur prime, it copies Excalibur because you know, he is a new variant?

Yess I wanted Excalibur prime, I was present when the Founder's pack was being sold ! I cleary tought that they would sell it knowing I'm present since it's release and that I wanted to be a founder back then, BUT like I said already on one of the last posts, If I had it I would not care less about Excalibur Umbra, I would be happy for a new variant yes, and I would use it as well as I would use Excalibur Prime AND Excalibur, yes I do use Excalibur even tho I have almost every frame present in the game (excluding the newest ones) because I like him more.

What about we remove Excalibur Prime from the game? I mean we have the normal Excalibur right? Excalibur Prime is a copy of Excalibur right? I mean this is basically what you are saying about Prime and Umbra.

Maybe your ignorance is making you blind?

You paid for: Excalibur Prime & Gears You got: Excalibur Prime & Gears You were promised: Excalibur Prime & Gears

Please now write down here the line that there should never ever be another variant of Excalibur.

uh oh, Excalibur Prime and Umbra have golden bits, please stop, even skins today have metal bits to be painted as gold, This probably means that if I have a skin painted gold it should be removed from the game too.

Umbra != Primes, just because it has the gold bits does not make it the same.

it's the same as saying apple and pineapple are the same because they have apple on their names.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

stalker helms for april fools would have been fun....

now i just contemplate as we saw hand with links is that transference links or data 

I remember once when I saw someone playing with the stalker skin on a video.. It was so badass,

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

A what now? Are you trying to banish him across multiple centuries/dimensions or something?

Lol nah, just for a week or something just to show them that they can't act like they own the place and can do whatever they want. Afterall it is thread derailing since the topic is more about Excal Prime than it is about Umbra and has already been solved ages ago.

The GPU particle system looks as if it could ship right now if it wanted to. However, Steve’s conjecture is that The Sacrifice might be the perfect showcase. With that said, the potential nearing of the sacrifice quest can be hypothesized with that of the release of the GPU particles. 

Therefore, we get the GPU particles when we get Umbra 0_0 

(If all goes accordingly)

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

3 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Umbra != Primes, just because it has the gold bits does not make it the same.

it's the same as saying apple and pineapple are the same because they have apple on their names.

But it's clearly an extremely similar design, it even has the gold trim in the same locations.

Umbra could look more similar to stalker, embracing a new aesthetic, or more twisted and corrupted in design relfecting the "Umbral" nature of the warframe.

Instead they just recoloured Excalibur Prime.

16 minutes ago, Cingal said:

But it's clearly an extremely similar design, it even has the gold trim in the same locations.

Umbra could look more similar to stalker, embracing a new aesthetic, or more twisted and corrupted in design relfecting the "Umbral" nature of the warframe.

It actually doesn't have gold trim in the same locations. It has Umbra accessories that are gold, but it's not on the base Excal skin.

20 minutes ago, Cingal said:

It already uses the stalker's body 3d model or Stalker uses the new umbra body model I don't remember exactly, they are the same anyway and we talked about it years ago already on this mega.

About the golden bits on the same place, Probably they wanted to keep original to the original design.. we have skins to fully change it anyway, still the helmet does not look like the prime one at all, and some of the golden bits are totally different, you can see they are on the shape of the Moon or something and that I actually find it the most interesting part of all besides the scarf.

I do hope founders can get a buff on their prime since I believe Umbras are made to be more powerful than them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Cingal said:

Sucks to be you then. 

I for one will welcome our new shadowy boi. 

In the meantime, feel free to contact DE and ask for that refund to your founder's account. 

• Like 1

39 минут назад, Cingal сказал:

Nothing similar

2 hours ago, Cingal said:

Added to that, the scarf you're referring to is a Syndana, not exclusive to Umbra.

Watch the video on the previous page. Since when do syandanas take warframe's 2nd color slot? It's one thing with the rest loincloth. Also, you can equip a real syandana on top of that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cingal said:

I mean, I'm not the one throwing around insults. If the thread gets locked, it won't be because I'm the one calling people "Stupid" and "Trolls".

And why would they want to keep the "Original design", if not to purposefully ape the founder's Excalibur?

Excalibur Umbra was specifically designed so that the Chinese market could get something very similar to Excalibur Prime without being Excalibur Prime itself. And Founders were happy with this as it was a completely different server, on a completely different player base.

Now to bring it here, without ever ever consulting the Founders, when it's specifically designed to be what the Founder's had, for a different market is pretty obviously pushing it, don't you think?

Added to that, the scarf you're referring to is a Syndana, not exclusive to Umbra.

Likewise, the bits in the shape of "Moon" you're talking about, on the arm, are pieces of armour, not exclusive to Umbra.

I understand what you mean and I do agree with you.

However, DE already has made the decision to make the quest and release the frame.

I am sure by now, you should be painfully aware that you will find it hard-pressed to get any support in this thread.

Most non-Founders will never see or accept the same view or issues with Umbra as a Founder do and DE is already making the quest, there is just no way things will change at this point.

So, why not just let it go?

Let's wait and see what DE does and then we can see if there will actually be a problem.

Personally, I got no big issues with Excal Umbra coming out because then we got more ammo to use when people start asking for Founder loot again and we may even have a chance for a proper buff and skin update to Excalibur Prime to be actually in-line with other Primes.

What I am more worried about is how Excal Umbra is gonna set the precedent for other Umbras because I own every Prime in the game currently so if Excal Umbra makes my Excal Prime irrelevant, it will mean all my other Primes will be made irrelevant when other Umbras come out. That is the bigger issue for me because I also sell Prime parts for platinum.

However, DE has not released any significant info on Excal Umbra so let's just wait for the release since it's already planned and pretty much confirmed to come.

The debate on whether to release is sooooo far gone.

If you wanna make your point, wait for the release and the debate on whether DE release Excal Umbra and the Umbra system in a manner that is morally correct, AFTER everyone sees how they make it.

For all we know, Excal Umbra is just an AI specter or just another operator skill or not even a frame.

If you go through all the actually data released by DE, they never did once say what it is. Everyone just takes it as a frame like Chinaframe.

So, wait for the release.

23 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

It has been confirmed excalibur umbra is a new warframe not just a skin and very limited line of warframes.

We know that,long time ago. Im just hoping that he is much better from normal and prime,more like some god version.  So that umbra versions is like some end game. And that progression have more much sense because of that... (because if he is not that much better,then what's the point)

Edited by Vlada91

9 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Is this new effect going to be applied to Warframe abilities or will be purely an environmental thing?

Maybe?  It's intended to replace the current particle effects, so that has to apply some ways.  Though it seems a little opaque, that volume of particles could confuse things in a fight. 

It's interaction with other objects could have some fun uses.  Like enemies made of particles that fly of when you hit them, or warframes that do the vampire turning into small creatures trick.