Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, WARmaro said:

It has been confirmed excalibur umbra is a new warframe not just a skin and very limited line of warframes.

Who knows?

As far as I can remember, all they ever said was "global upgrade to excalibur", "all frames will have Prime but not all will have Umbra", "Umbra will have its own mechanics" and that's about it.

Lore-wise, it is definitely shown to us like a warframe.

Function-wise, we don't actually know if it will function like one.

In fact, we don't really know anything about it.

We pretty much speculated everything based on our interpretation of what DE said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

._ . i wonder if thats like the beginning cut scene 

only shadow stalker specifically and its missing some parts after release 

Indeed. I believe there is a piece of cloth that runs from the back of the waist to the floor. It is seen in the Second Dream trailer when Stalker talks to Hunhow. I haven't seen this piece of cloth on Umbra tho. I'm gonna have to look.

7 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Who knows?

As far as I can remember, all they ever said was "global upgrade to excalibur", "all frames will have Prime but not all will have Umbra", "Umbra will have its own mechanics" and that's about it.

Lore-wise, it is definitely shown to us like a warframe.

Function-wise, we don't actually know if it will function like one.

In fact, we don't really know anything about it.

We pretty much speculated everything based on our interpretation of what DE said.

Well I remember they said that the method of adquiring it had to be different like not dropable but adquired by a quest because it's part of their "thing" with Chinaframe

I can be wrong I don't remember too much about Umbra infos anymore but I believe it's on the FAQs and updates of this mega?

But I do think it will function like a warframe yes otherwise they will end up making a good part of the comunity angry probably.. I believe they also said it wont be called Umbra prime, just Umbra.. so it makes it selectable and usable and others are able to see when you join a party that you have Umbra equipped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Well I remember they said that the method of adquiring it had to be different like not dropable but adquired by a quest because it's part of their "thing" with Chinaframe

I can be wrong I don't remember too much about Umbra infos anymore but I believe it's on the FAQs and updates of this mega?

But I do think it will function like a warframe yes otherwise they will end up making a good part of the comunity angry probably.. I believe they also said it wont be called Umbra prime, just Umbra.. so it makes it selectable and usable and others are able to see when you join a party that you have Umbra equipped.

That's correct, it was stated as a part of the agreement that Excal Umbra can't be farmable or a purchase option so best guess is that it's a direct quest reward.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ignorance ? and plenty dont read data ...

I'm pretty sure that's not at all what Phoenix was talking about, but if I can just be honest, the OP is kind of an eyesore and a bit cluttered. I know if I was a player new to the entire ordeal, I'd be more inclined to ask a question here rather than read through the uneccessary amounts of information in the OP. Though I also know even if it was organized better and a not overloaded, people would still likely not read it.

Not sure what to take from that image, just tubes attached to Umbra's arm?

i guess that's related to the beeping of what seems like a life support machine from the Tennocon Umbra teaser.

My theory is that the operator controlling Umbra is sick in some way and he is doing something un-tenno-y to stay alive, either that or he's trying to save someone related to him, potentially that operators parents. but i dont know where ballas or Margulis come into this.

Oh well no point in grasping at straws ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, i'm somewhat excited for the Lore.

Edited by Midrib