Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

13 минут назад, kantapon сказал:

Is it possible that Excalibur Umbra's model has been redesign?

Of course, DE not promised that umbra design will not be changed. But also this helmet looks like alpha version of excal prime helmet and this maybe the prototype of excalibur (prime)

lphkWYZ.jpg

Edited by ---UMBRA---

3 hours ago, kantapon said:

Is it possible that Excalibur Umbra's model has been redesign?

3 hours ago, Gabriel_98 said:

It's not Excalibur Prime and not even Umbra, I don't know, maybe they changed the Umbra design a bit?

I really think you're looking too much into what just so happens to be key art. They teased the warframe we're getting in its entirety, what reason would they have to change it after it's already been revealed? It's just art.

3 hours ago, kantapon said:

I just did a translation using cipher located in wiki, it's translated as "thr44.", anybody know the meaning?

It's either "three" spelled incredibly incorrectly (it's hard to tell which characters are being used), or what you said. Anyone's guess as to whatever the hell is going on.

What if the image is an art from a cutscene where Excalibur Prime is getting disassemble and modified to become Umbra? Now it's in the middle of the process of transformation maybe that's why it doesn't have the key...

2 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

What if the image is an art from a cutscene where Excalibur Prime is getting disassemble and modified to become Umbra? Now it's in the middle of the process of transformation maybe that's why it doesn't have the key...

I was gonna say something similar to this.. Maybe we see someone (Ballas) modifying a frame, to become Umbra. 

9 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It's either "three" spelled incredibly incorrectly (it's hard to tell which characters are being used), or what you said. Anyone's guess as to whatever the hell is going on.

If only we have a more clear picture, guess I need to wait.

3 минуты назад, Gabriel_98 сказал:

Maybe, but quest is about what the warframes are. And maybe this related to the first prototype of warframe

anyone remember those big ass sentient arm cannon things steve showed off a long time ago? looks like the sacrifice is referring to sacrificing your warframes arm to be able to use that. which probably also means you're gunna have to sacrifice using all your regular weapons with said warframe.

For those of you worried about that picture, it’s not Umbra. Well at least not yet. Like others have said, it could be a frame undergoing an umbra transformation. In fact, looking at it more I’d say it is in fact Umbra in the process of getting its gold infused into it.

DE have released the Sacrifice trailer with Umbra in it, people have been waiting three years for that exact frame, they are not suddenly going to pull a fast one after all that. 

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

8 минут назад, HerpDerpy сказал:

anyone remember those big ass sentient arm cannon things steve showed off a long time ago? looks like the sacrifice is referring to sacrificing your warframes arm to be able to use that. which probably also means you're gunna have to sacrifice using all your regular weapons with said warframe.

I think the sacrifice can have 2 meanings.

1 - sacrifice dax soldiers. My theory that frames created by using infected dax soldiers. Dax sacrificed themselves to create miracle - warframe - last orokin hope to protect them.

2 - sacrifice Margulis to save tenno (miracle for Margulis) *for their life - yours*

Edited by ---UMBRA---

54 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It could represent the model variety, v1 being Prime, v2 being Regular(tenno crafted) and v3 being Umbra. Could be that Ballas is attempting to make an improved line over the Prime models maybe.

It also could represent the quest itself since afterall this is the 3rd cinematic main story quest.

On another note, one thing that wasn't brought up here is that they said that the prime trailers are on halt because the team is currently working on cinematics for the Sacrifice. If anything this is a good indication that the quest isn't that far away.

27 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon.jpg

Its very possible, but when DE was asked about them in Devstream #100, they said they expected reaching a Sentient tileset sooner than they anticipated and that there is a road map till we reach a sentient outpost. so my prediction is that its the next major cinematic quest after the sacrifice, in 2024...... >.>

4 hours ago, kantapon said:

If only we have a more clear picture, guess I need to wait.

Clear picture tweeted. It says "three" spelled terribly.

Db0BEpGUQAAl_jD.jpg:large

On another note, one thing that wasn't brought up here is that they said that the prime trailers are on halt because the team is currently working on cinematics for the Sacrifice. If anything this is a good indication that the quest isn't that far away.

I don't really find that to be an indication of anything but itself, aka the animation is still in progress. I don't think any assumptions should be made regardless how vague. Steve says he's unsure of release date, and I'll take that to mean it's best not to guess.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

Now while I admit I forgot how long ago this stream as it was around a year ago...

Image result for arm possession cannon warframe

And now today...

arm_sacrifice.png

Now, sure in the demo, the arm possession cannon was on the left arm and the teaser art shows the right arm as faded out; however it has been a Long time since the arm possession cannon demo so something like changing the arm it's on shouldn't be a huge deal. Anyways just thought I would get the observation out there... certainly gives a bit more thought into what the sacrifice could be (although I personally doubt it actually would be our warframes' arm and has more of a lore based implications rather than we as players sacrifice something).

• Like 1

Oh man, I hoped they had dropped that idea and that's not what that image was about... It just looks so awful and I don't want to fug up my character with something that fugly.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 1

Looking too much into key art. Also, they said the arm cannon system is planned to release with the Sentient Outpost tileset, and given that was still in pencil sketch concept stages when revealed, we have a long way. I also doubt, given the theme of the quest, anything Sentient will be even mentioned.

• Like 3