Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Looking too much into key art. Also, they said the arm cannon system is planned to release with the Sentient Outpost tileset, and given that was still in pencil sketch concept stages when revealed, we have a long way. I also doubt, given the theme of the quest, anything Sentient will be even mentioned.

Although in the stream they did say that their tileset artists are busy working on stuff for the quest, at this point things are taking just about as long as The War Within except they don't have re-writes to do...they could be working on the sentient outpost as part of the quest. Also, the sentients may show up because they kinda are integral to the plot and it would suck to shirk Hunhow to the side going "your not a major enough villain major villain" two quests in a row.

I have a theory on that one actually, that Hunhow is a bigger threat than we all thought... the tie-in is sorta loose, the idea that the arcane artifacts in stolen dreams and new strange are possibly sentient...  

Edited by 45neo

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

I will fully admit that when I saw the The Sacrifice art, the first thing I thought about was the arm canon. 

But still not sure, gonna have to wait for the quest to find out. 

that's true... but sometimes a guy has gotta dream big :P

17 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I don't really find that to be an indication of anything but itself, aka the animation is still in progress. I don't think any assumptions should be made regardless how vague. Steve says he's unsure of release date, and I'll take that to mean it's best not to guess.

I mean didn't say that I'm expecting it to release really soon but rather more in sense of progress being made on it. Maybe should have worded it differently in that case.

But if we were to talk about possible release-frame we all could post our ETA expectations for it. If anything just for fun.

1 minute ago, GordoFreeman said:

So we sacrifice an arm...

that I personally would not want to be the case... even if the arm possession cannons aren't coming, the teaser art does seem to point in that direction...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

I'd put my money on that being a schematic for someone designing the Warframe (which is basically all but confirmed to be touched on in The Sacrifice), aka nothing to do with Sentient arm canons.

Although having specifically one arm raised and faded out is suspiciously specific, yup I could easily be wrong but I am skeptical that it was just done arbitrarily... I mean if you were doing art for design schematics for a warframe would you have just one arm raised? 

Edited by 45neo

3 hours ago, 45neo said:

Although in the stream they did say that their tileset artists are busy working on stuff for the quest, at this point things are taking just about as long as The War Within except they don't have re-writes to do...they could be working on the sentient outpost as part of the quest. Also, the sentients may show up because they kinda are integral to the plot and it would suck to shirk Hunhow to the side going "your not a major enough villain major villain" two quests in a row.

I have a theory on that one actually, that Hunhow is a bigger threat than we all thought... the tie-in is sorta loose, the idea that the arcane artifacts in stolen dreams and new strange are possibly sentient...  

I really don't feel they have room to fit them in the Sacrifice. The theme of the quest is the warframes, and they should just stick with that. Including Sentients wouldn't do them right, and if they actually introduce both the arm cannon and the Outpost, the quest will end up convoluted. It's best they save Sentients for their own thing and let the warframes finally have their long overdue limelight.

1 minute ago, 45neo said:

Although having specifically one arm raised and faded out is suspiciously specific, yup I could easily be wrong but I am skeptical that it was just done arbitrarily... I mean if you were doing art for design schematics for a warframe would you have just one arm raised? 

Because it looks cool.

But there is no way to know, gotta wait for the quest.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

But if we were to talk about possible release-frame we all could post our ETA expectations for it. If anything just for fun.

I mean, if that's fun for you, go for it. But guessing the release window for a quest that's already been pushed back too much with a warframe that's been pushed back even more doesn't really sound fun, but depressing to me. The only difference between talking about it now and previously, as I've said some time prior, is now they've actually started working on it instead of setting it aside for the nth time. 

Short version: I think not.
Long version with excess speculation in spoilers.

Spoiler

I doubt Sentients will be involved in that regard. It's more about Ballas and Margulis and us getting Umbra somehow, though if we are all somehow right and Umbra does have some unique ability to easily hijack Sentient armguns and still be able to use its normal weapon arsenal (while other frames (in this theoretical case) being required to forgo primary and secondary weapons to don these cannons) then... I dunno.

Inversely, I personally anticipate full Sentient involvement with the Sentient Nodachi user, [PH]Kratosframe. It would be a pistol gambit to have a Sentient-related quest and weapons be excluded from that frame.

Adjacent to that, Chroma's Pelt has enough Sentient components to allow it to, if it's not Tenno-controlled, control itself (or the frame carrying it, or is it symbiotic?). Perhaps [PH]Kratosframe will have a similar story?

56 minutes ago, kantapon said:

Thank you, man

Now that I've seen the clearer picture, yeah, it's look more like "e" than "4", you probably right.

Apparently it's a joke reference to Half-life 3, hence the lamda that's also present. At least, someone on reddit said someone on Twitter said that.

• Like 1

"Here’s a teaser for the Sacrifice quest: Geoff acting like a column for one arrogant-looking character"

QRca6CK.jpg

So, who is that arrogant looking character in your opinion? I don't know why but it reminds me of "Hey kiddo" operator

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I mean, if that's fun for you, go for it. But guessing the release window for a quest that's already been pushed back too much with a warframe that's been pushed back even more doesn't really sound fun, but depressing to me. The only difference between talking about it now and previously, as I've said some time prior, is now they've actually started working on it instead of setting it aside for the nth time. 

I mean I understand, afterall been waiting for it just like everyone else in this thread. But yeah if anything now that we actually see progress being made( unlike the "we're working on it" from the previous years) it is revitalizing and bringing back people into it.

But yeah my guess on the ETA would be 2 months.

wallhaven-648387.jpg

Now i did think that they put operator with focus too give warframes additional perks but it seems just too align with their choices of your morality effects the outcome of who you are. Umbra is an marvel of the current excalibur. Giving you ability too cast blind too shock enemies in paralyzed state and channel an spirit sword on your first skill dashing. Umbra is just a visual appearance of how you feel, If theres anything new it could be

3rd skill holding enemies down with shadows

4th ability gets a shield and sword or split sword too wreck peoples with different abilities on board of that. But this is just my own fantasy. How is your view of umbra and the sacrifice, any idea's let us know.

58 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Short version: I think not.
Long version with excess speculation in spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

I doubt Sentients will be involved in that regard. It's more about Ballas and Margulis and us getting Umbra somehow, though if we are all somehow right and Umbra does have some unique ability to easily hijack Sentient armguns and still be able to use its normal weapon arsenal (while other frames (in this theoretical case) being required to forgo primary and secondary weapons to don these cannons) then... I dunno.

Inversely, I personally anticipate full Sentient involvement with the Sentient Nodachi user, [PH]Kratosframe. It would be a pistol gambit to have a Sentient-related quest and weapons be excluded from that frame.

Adjacent to that, Chroma's Pelt has enough Sentient components to allow it to, if it's not Tenno-controlled, control itself (or the frame carrying it, or is it symbiotic?). Perhaps [PH]Kratosframe will have a similar story?

Well to be fair 

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure Ballas was the bestboy responsible for the Sentient program in the first place and Margulis/Lotus is technically a Sentient. Sooooooo who knows~

That said it is quite probable that Sentiens might not play a significant roll in The Sacrifice

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Well to be fair 

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure Ballas was the bestboy responsible for the Sentient program in the first place and Margulis/Lotus is technically a Sentient. Sooooooo who knows~

That said it is quite probable that Sentiens might not play a significant roll in The Sacrifice

Not entirely. Ballas was the only one rational enough to see the possible outcomes of the program. He kept calling out against it and advocated for Perintol's immediate execution. It was the other Executors that insisted it would be a good idea, basically forcing him to conform due to majority vote. As he stated, "Against my better judgement...."

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1