Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

The Umbra not being Orokin made reminded me of something which I thought of some time ago.

Eventualy as the Tenno grow older and all I could see them developing "Superior" frames with new tech that surpases the Orokin.Maybe see something along the line of it being something the best of the best or mentors only have.And instead of gold parts they would have platinum parts.(because reasons...lol)

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

So basically, from all the theories and speculation so far, we can hypothesize that:

1. Umbras will indeed be "shadow frames", and that in order to acquire them, we'll need to sacrifice something of value to us (some people have been saying that we'll have to sacrifice the prime variant to get the Umbra version, hence why the next quest will reward us the Excalibur Umbra, since not everyone has or can get Excalibur Prime). 

2. That Umbra involves the focus system, and that perhaps we'll have turn to the "dark side" in order to unlock Umbra. 

3. That becoming an Umbra will somehow affect the Warframe's relationship with the operator. Perhaps there is a dark side to the operator, and perhaps the whole question is about what caused the Warframe to move on its own in the final act of the Second Dream. Basically, do Warframes have free will?

Here's my theory: I think it's quite possible that the next quest will allow people to take a new turn and really form two groups of players: those who choose to make the "sacrifice" and obtain Umbra, and those who don't. I don't think DE will ever get rid of operators since that has become a core part of the lore, but I'm really curious as to what's going to happen with the focus system. The reason why I say this is because Umbra just seems too evil, to dark, to twisted, to fit into the normal operator mechanics.

I don't think Umbra is just going to be a 6th overpowered focus. Now, the word "Umbra" is already in the game officially, since "Umbra Lance" is the name of one of the active abilities triggered by the Zenurik focus ability. I don't think this was a mistake, and that description of said "lance" ability states that it involves "harmful lashes of void energy". 

As for the Man in the Wall, I really hope they don't turn it into something really cheesy...

Wow. What if the next quest focuses on our relationship with the Warframe? And we have to sacrifice our bond. Perhaps the frame we played the Second dream with...

I can see the next quest expanding our thoughts and feelings to the Warframe itself; not just as a tool but as a being of sentience. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The focus overhaul can be directly connected to Umbra. Similar to Star Wars. Dark side may favor Umbra frame abilities, and light side may favor "normal" and prime frame abilities. Just a thought.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LATIN S0LDIER said:

The focus overhaul can be directly connected to Umbra. Similar to Star Wars. Dark side may favor Umbra frame abilities, and light side may favor "normal" and prime frame abilities. Just a thought.

focus gets a sledge hammer, so who knows 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Wow. What if the next quest focuses on our relationship with the Warframe? And we have to sacrifice our bond. Perhaps the frame we played the Second dream with...

I can see the next quest expanding our thoughts and feelings to the Warframe itself; not just as a tool but as a being of sentience

I really think that it is highly unlikely that DE will cause us to sacrifice the operators in any way though (even though some of us, like me, find the addition of operators to be a rather weird and unexpected twist). Most likely, they will continue to expand on that mechanic. 

I think this is where we can surmise what DE is trying to do. 

Most likely, Umbra wasn't originally in the gameplan two years back. When Warframe China launched, and they got Umbra, I'm sure DE knew eventually that the global players would figure out about it. What they didn't expect us that all the edgelords would come out of the woods (like me) and demand that we obtain a Warframe with scarf. Soon the movement caught on and now everyone wants Umbra. 

Hence, that's why in the Second Dream the Stalker (or the Shadow Stalker, now) now wears the Umbra armor. Right around that time, DE probably realized that they would need to put Umbra into the mix somehow, so that's where they got all serious about it. 

So we got The Second Dream, which added operators and the Focus System, which focuses on harnessing void energy to give our Warframes superpowers. 

Then, we got The War Within (remember Lotus's line at the end of TSD "Now we fight on two fronts my child, the war without, and the war within"?), which added kuva and the compass. I still don't really know how that relates to the "war within", like what 'war within'? I guess the title refers to the dark side within the operator that we must learn to overcome. 

Hence Chains of Harrow, which delved into the idea of operators turning to the dark side and then having their consciousness contained within a Warframe. 

I think it's pretty clear that DE didn't really know what to do with Umbra and were (as creators) just as stumped as we are (as players) trying to figure out how Umbra fits into the whole paradigm of the Warframe. 

I'm 99% certain that the Umbra will involve us, as operators, turning to the dark side and opening a new element of the focus system. I think the key is figuring how DE will enable this experience to all players, since it will divide the player base of some of us become Umbra and others don't. This is where I think they may end up pulling off something cheesy, and this is mainly what I'm concerned about. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies but where did you get the information than Umbra is from dark side? Except the fact than stalker is using excalbur/excalibur umbra model and edgy propaganda. there is nothing that confirm Umbra is an "bad/dark side/ evil" warframe.

Also there is no way Sentient creat Umbra frame since warframe use void energy. which they are vulnerable.

Finally , I dont think DE will make Umbra or his influence as a moral choice because it would be disadvantageous for those who have made the wrong choices

Edited by yual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

focus gets a sledge hammer, so who knows 

"Internally." meaning they might have done it already with their own development builds x3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, yual said:

My apologies but where did you get the information than Umbra is from dark side? Except the fact than stalker is using excalbur/excalibur umbra model and edgy propaganda. there is nothing that confirm Umbra is an "bad/dark side/ evil" warframe.

That statement combined with other words/answers given about Umbra, DE's shift to a darker narrative regarding Warframes/Tenno, and ETC support Umbras being 'dark' frames.

46 minutes ago, yual said:

Finally , I dont think DE will make Umbra or his influence as a moral choice because it would be disadvantageous for those who have made the wrong choices

Umbra being tied to the moon side of the alignment is player speculation based on what DE said about Umbra not being available to everyone(can't find the devstream this was said in, but will link it if i find it), and DE's plans for alignment determining what you can access:

33:33 to 34:30

 

Keep in mind that current alignment won't be permanent, so you will be able to shift its position in the future.

 

Edited by EmptyDevil
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

That statement combined with other words/answers given about Umbra, DE's shift to a darker narrative regarding Warframes/Tenno, and ETC support Umbras being 'dark' frames.

Umbra being tied to the moon side of the alignment is player speculation based on what DE said about Umbra not being available to everyone(can't find the devstream this was said in, but will link it if i find it), and DE's plans for alignment determining what you can access:

33:33 to 34:30

 

Keep in mind that current alignment won't be permanent, so you will be able to shift its position in the future.

 

Thats what they have planned at very least.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if only players who have excal prime can have umbra and all hype for imortal players is going away..... 😒😬😕😢

Edited by Vlada91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yual said:

My apologies but where did you get the information than Umbra is from dark side? Except the fact than stalker is using excalbur/excalibur umbra model and edgy propaganda. there is nothing that confirm Umbra is an "bad/dark side/ evil" warframe.

Also there is no way Sentient creat Umbra frame since warframe use void energy. which they are vulnerable.

Finally , I dont think DE will make Umbra or his influence as a moral choice because it would be disadvantageous for those who have made the wrong choices

Well umbra is the darkest part of a shadow so its a logical asumption that it may be a dark frame.(and it has edgelord written all over it)

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

That statement combined with other words/answers given about Umbra, DE's shift to a darker narrative regarding Warframes/Tenno, and ETC support Umbras being 'dark' frames.

Umbra being tied to the moon side of the alignment is player speculation based on what DE said about Umbra not being available to everyone(can't find the devstream this was said in, but will link it if i find it), and DE's plans for alignment determining what you can access:

33:33 to 34:30

 

Keep in mind that current alignment won't be permanent, so you will be able to shift its position in the future.

 

but being unavailable to some would be content locking , and in some respects that would hurt player experience 

for example if we must sacrifice the use of any other frame so we play umbra types,  mastery fodder lock out ...that would be unwanted ..

for all we know moon and sun will effect our focus powers after rework , maybe

so many questions and theories & permutations pop up in my head .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

but being unavailable to some would be content locking , and in some respects that would hurt player experience 

for example if we must sacrifice the use of any other frame so we play umbra types,  mastery fodder lock out ...that would be unwanted ..

for all we know moon and sun will effect our focus powers after rework , maybe

so many questions and theories & permutations pop up in my head .....

I think a umbra "Syndicate" would solve it. We must farm points and then spend them like we do now. Maby unlock Umbra and then powers/passives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Tomorrow is most likely we see the eclipse. Tomorrow, the truth might unveiled ever so slightly. 

What if De dont show us the Umbra,what we will do then? Stop playing the game? 😁🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

What if De dont show us the Umbra,what we will do then? Stop playing the game? 😁🤔🤔

Well if they don't reveal the next cinematic quest (just like TWW) which was confirmed to be Umbra, it's going to be a big disappointment since there is not a whole lot do after completing the start chart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Well if they don't reveal the next cinematic quest (just like TWW) which was confirmed to be Umbra, it's going to be a big disappointment since there is not a whole lot do after completing the start chart. 

Yea you me and all of millions umbra fan registered losers 😁😂 sry. users... 🤔👏👌

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

If Umbra is unlocked through having the dark side quest alignment then I'd feel extremely sorry for those who chose the light side.

So, despite the fact that I am in the middle (twilight or equinox or whatever we're calling it when you're between Sun and Moon alignment), I'd actually welcome this as a development, for the following reason:

 

It would mean that DE want the alignment system to actually matter and have some meaning as to how the Tenno develops their Void capabilities.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

If Umbra is unlocked through having the dark side quest alignment then I'd feel extremely sorry for those who chose the light side.

They have stated that the alignment will be changeable in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

If Umbra is unlocked through having the dark side quest alignment then I'd feel extremely sorry for those who chose the light side.

But I wonder I what the light side would reward? Stronger Primes? 

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

If Umbra is unlocked through having the dark side quest alignment then I'd feel extremely sorry for those who chose the light side.

 ....well im screwed xD  -is max light- 

5 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So, despite the fact that I am in the middle (twilight or equinox or whatever we're calling it when you're between Sun and Moon alignment), I'd actually welcome this as a development, for the following reason:

 

It would mean that DE want the alignment system to actually matter and have some meaning as to how the Tenno develops their Void capabilities.

i still think its more how the power of focus is affected to give different effects depending on our choice, make it fit to our personality and play styles ....

5 hours ago, Corial said:

They have stated that the alignment will be changeable in future.

yes, which is nice , but i wonder how it will be implemented  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...