Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

DEOgq_tXsAEKFUp.jpg?width=581&height=436DEOhY0AXYAAoeE2.jpg?width=581&height=436

Huh. That is very Greek classical sort of aesthetic for Ballas concept. Reminds me of the Elgin marbles...though I am...wondering if the arm is meant to belong to someone or something else. Note the circuit like marking on the fore arm. Androgyny of form is also interesting. Certainly makes me wonder if the idea that the Orokin have trappings inspired by Alchemy isn't far off, and it certainly fits more to the Platonic Forms than anything really human.

I mean...it fits. But it just begs the question what being human meant to the Orokin in their pursuit of beauty and perfection.

Curious.

1 minute ago, Blakrana said:

Huh. That is very Greek classical sort of aesthetic for Ballas concept. Reminds me of the Elgin marbles...though I am...wondering if the arm is meant to belong to someone or something else. Note the circuit like marking on the fore arm. Androgyny of form is also interesting. Certainly makes me wonder if the idea that the Orokin have trappings inspired by Alchemy isn't far off, and it certainly fits more to the Platonic Forms than anything really human.

I mean...it fits. But it just begs the question what being human meant to the Orokin in their pursuit of beauty and perfection.

Curious.

Hmm.. Golems of their own making?

Just now, Corial said:

Hmm.. Golems of their own making?

Not quite, as a Golem is typically created and gains awareness. Here...perhaps the idea is the Orokin sculpted themselves to become...whatever it is they thought humans were to be.

That...chilling outcome born of actually being able to attain what they consider perfect.

Course...could just be a statue of him. Black Marble and all that.

Well it looks like Hydroid Prime has been confirmed...

That's probably what the water teaser in the last devstream was all about...

Not quite feeling so optimistic now...

Well, I'll be tuning into Tenno Live at 6pm (EST) or 3pm (PST) on Twitch, so I'll be sure to keep this forum posted if I can on whatever new developments are announced concerning Umbra. 

1 minute ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

Well, I'll be tuning into Tenno Live at 6pm (EST) or 3pm (PST) on Twitch, so I'll be sure to keep this forum posted if I can on whatever new developments are announced concerning Umbra. 

If they mentioned the teaser on that discussion, then it is all for hydroid, if they didnt, no other conclusions yet other than all those teasers come out in TennoLive.

8 minutes ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

hydroid prime finally arrived! hype! davy jones i shall catch you with my masterball come to me sugardaddy pls 

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

DEOgq_tXsAEKFUp.jpg?width=581&height=436DEOhY0AXYAAoeE2.jpg?width=581&height=436

I was expecting Ballas to look a little more advanced in terms of technology. Being bathed in robes is the Orokin thing but I was expecting him to be decked out in gold and black leather. 

Either way, we now know the identity of daddy Ballas!

The picture of Ballas cannot be his real form. I pray it is not. The only conclusion I can make is that it is the current vessel that he sports for kuva consumption for the process of Continuity. 

What had happened to the elder queen in TWW is happening to Ballas here, in this concept art, in regards to kuva and continuity.

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

The picture of Ballas cannot be his real form. I pray it is not. The only conclusion I can make is that it is the current vessel that he sports for kuva consumption for the process of Continuity. 

What had happened to the elder queen in TWW is happening to Ballas here, in this concept art, in regards to kuva and continuity.

What if it is based on kuva + corrupted?