Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Just now, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

The corrupted part you mentioned could be why he still looks decent. Compared to the Elder queen Ballas looks quite fine and in shape. Perhaps he has powers to control the void to preserve his youth?

He was oddly pictured in Void tileset in concept art. That is where I drew my idea.

1 minute ago, Corial said:

He was oddly pictured in Void tileset in concept art. That is where I drew my idea.

Bear in mind it may not be necessarily the Void, and just an Orokin space in general: gold filigree, water features and white mixed in with high tech death traps and security systems.

Could be anywhere in the system, even places we've not been yet, just familiar aesthetic traits.

Beyond that, Corrupted is the Neural Sentry enslaving intruders in some form. For Ballas to be Corrupted, he'd need a giant crown thing jammed into his face.

Which honestly isn't short of tempting to do personally, far as I'm concerned

One more thing to consider in general; for what we know of Ballas, he was a confident, smug, manipulative bastard of a man...that the first concept art we see of him is this distorted, seemingly agitated expression with something clearly going wrong in terms of his right arm...very interesting creative choice, honestly. Then again, I suppose strong contrasts are an effective touchstone for ideas; if this is Ballas at a low point...then there's only up to consider for him at the pinnacle of his power.

I wonder if we'll see artwork for the other Executors in time. Let alone have more than just Ballas have the limelight in some form.

Apparently there's been some rumors coming in from the Tennocon content thread that DE will be letting some players from Tennocon who win some contests to control the Stalker and harass player in-game for a day or so. Apparently they're testing some new mechanic or something...Idk we'll just have to wait till the actual main livestream to hear all the news...

Does that mean that the "Stalker frame" actually exists as a playable frame? With infinite energy and 7 seven different power buttons? Holy S#&$ I'm envious of whoever gets to be Stalker for a day...

Either way, I wonder if this could give some hints as to the mechanics of the Umbra. If Stalker is Umbra, and someone's going to play the Stalker, that means that the Umbra has already been created. 

12 minutes ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

Apparently there's been some rumors coming in from the Tennocon content thread that DE will be letting some players from Tennocon who win some contests to control the Stalker and harass player in-game for a day or so. Apparently they're testing some new mechanic or something...Idk we'll just have to wait till the actual main livestream to hear all the news...

Does that mean that the "Stalker frame" actually exists as a playable frame? With infinite energy and 7 seven different power buttons? Holy S#&$ I'm envious of whoever gets to be Stalker for a day...

Either way, I wonder if this could give some hints as to the mechanics of the Umbra. If Stalker is Umbra, and someone's going to play the Stalker, that means that the Umbra has already been created. 

could be true, but havent herd any confirmation of it, just rummors from people but no direct source 

Rumors regarding a playable Stalker are true. There will be one person who gets to run around in PVE missions as the Stalker for a day. Yes, the screen flicker actually works.

Edited by InfinitySnail

1 minute ago, rapt0rman said:

Because there's no answer that they could give that would satisfy the playerbase other than "it's already done and ready to be released"... and chances are it's not.

Actually, that would be more than enough, at this point it's easier to believe that Umbra is not coming at all.

Just now, Calikhan said:

it is done it's been done for over 2 years, ANd i'm watching tennocon  and great more wasted time, We were promised this 2 years ago and we got nothing again 

The frame itself is already done, as far as I know, it's already in the Global build, as some people were able to hack it into they accounts.

The answer is yes, Umbra is in fact, already in the game.

I doubt they will tell us too much beforehand to suprise us, when it happens.

As far as I know he was supposed to be in War Within, but they had to change everything because someone thought it would be nice to spioil the script.

yeah but every few months we ask hey what about this? and they say yeah it's on the way; then go oh yeah he's on the way but here's other stuff to waste your time on

that was 2 years ago

Edited by Calikhan