Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Hi everyone! So, i was wondering the way we gonna get Umbra, i know for sure that we’ll have the bp at the end of the quest, so, what about the parts? Maybe like the Limbo quest (but i would like if we don’t need to build the component first in order to advance) or just like Harrow as example. What do you think? Personally, i like the first way, geting the components in the quest.

Just now, XionNoctis1 said:

I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound pessimistic but. Umbra is probably 1/2-1 year away and people are already attempting to speculate on content that has yet to become a thing.

The Sacrifice is literally the next Update we're getting, with DE already posting the requirements for it on their social media.

• Like 8

vor 4 Minuten schrieb XionNoctis1:

I'm sorry and I don't mean to sound pessimistic but. Umbra is probably 1/2-1 year away and people are already attempting to speculate on content that has yet to become a thing.

You might wanna check some information before you assume that :^)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The Sacrifice is literally the next Update we're getting, with DE already posting the requirements for it on their social media.

Yeah, just like they promised War Withing before the 2016 Tennocon, but oh boys how it was delayed multiple times afterwards.

13 minutes ago, XionNoctis1 said:

Sacrifice is actually very close now. not a teaser, not more hype, the ACTUAL update people have been waiting for years. it's hard to believe, but it's true. Umbra is close now, the quest is almost done, and DE have already reminded people of the prerequisites for The Sacrifice (which is basically to have done all major Story quests thus far.).

as for how we get it, I'd like to think we earn the parts during the quest, or get the built frame at the end, but it'll probably be just a BP, and we'll have to farm the parts elsewhere, which is what DE have done with every frame over the past couple of years.

1 minute ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

If Umbra's the quest reward, then what abour ballas's weird sword thing

It's not like we're limited to one reward for finishing a quest. The Second Dream rewarded Broken War, a Focus lens and the Scar Sigil.

49 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

@(XB1)EternalDrk Mako did you see this fanrender yet?

Hide contents

excalibur_umbra_by_nikout13-dcb0zzr.png

Found it on Deviantart, apparently the guy extracted the model and redid the materials. I think it's the best look I've ever been given to this.

THAT's awesome.. i'm in tears, I wanted to do that but I didn't just to avoid anything related with bad reputation with DE, thats just awesome.. nice job.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-
  • Like 1

I just had the thought about the umbra situation: the hype is dangerously high. Keeping everyone in the dark still will not only promt people to ask more questions, but could ultimately end warframe if the quest is bad. at this point, everyone's expectations are high and people are getting impatient over something that took 3 years to do. 

This is just bad

Edited by Rauxa9

1 hour ago, Rauxa9 said:

I just had the thought about the umbra situation: the hype is dangerously high. Keeping everyone in the dark still will not only promt people to ask more questions, but could ultimately end warframe if the quest is bad. at this point, everyone's expectations are high and people are getting impatient over something that took 3 years to do. 

This is just bad

Well, it's too late for that.

Time has already passed and DE just doesn't know how to manage expectations.

The hype build up is also the playerbase's own fault in overhyping something that was based off a reskin.

I doubt people will really quit the game if this release sucks though because if that is the case, it would already mean those people don't enjoy all the other content that Warframe offers and a quest and 1 or 2 new shinies aren't gonna change anything for them after a week or two.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rauxa9 said:

This is just bad

If you think the success or failure of this quest, and the marketing of it, could potentially end the game, then I think your hype is most certainly waaayyyy too high. I stopped caring about Umbra long ago, because two years ago, after they'd promised it for a whole year, it didn't look like it was coming at all. That was the best thing I did, because I have no hype right now for Umbra. I'd like it to come, but I'm not stressing out about it. It also helps to focus on other games because this game is letting me down in other areas. That's more things to care about, which means I care about warframe even less. And that helps when managing expectations. You tend to not see it as the end of the world when a game falters.

5 hours ago, XionNoctis1 said:

We’re getting more and more frequent updates on the quest, it’s much closer than what you think it is. 

Eh... it'll come when it comes.

With how DE[lay]'s track record has been and how some of these past delayed contents end up rather "lackluster" (sure as hell know some who loves them to death), I ain't holding my breath. If it's delayed more = what else is new, if it pops up "on time" this time around then sweet.

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

The hype build up is also the playerbase's own fault in overhyping something that was based off a reskin.

True.

DE didn’t say anything about Umbra, but they didn’t exactly dampen the fires surrounding him either. They just let everyone run amok with their hype and now it’s reached such stupid levels that people are already calling the quest garbage before its even out.

So while DE are innocent in the fact that they didn’t deliberately build the hype, they are guilty in that they let player-made hype get out of control.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

55 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I always forget just how beefy Umbra looks. Its like he’s been on a intense-training week with Rhino as his instructor.

He got himself buffed lifting years of salt from players waiting for his quest.

• Like 2