Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

37 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Ok or that,but then again if umbra is strong like prime then what is the point for just new and dark look,if that is the case then ok but I think that he is going 2 bee stronger then prime like prime is stronger from normal if you know what I meant... In this case we robins are rare and batman is only 1 like umbra

If Umbras are gonna be stronger than Primes, then why would anyone even buy Prime Accesses anymore?

We would just wait for Umbra Accesses just like how some people don't buy, don't forma and/or completely skip normal frames and wait for Prime versions now.

Even now, after we get a Prime version of a frame, most of us either toss away or never touch the normal version anymore.

At the same time, if Umbras are just straight up another Prime, then we are gonna have 3 versions of the exact same frame for some frames and we really need to ask ourselves if those are really new content or recycled content, and are they really worth paying money for twice (assuming you bought the Prime version).

On the other hand, it wouldn't make sense making Umbra weaker than Prime, because of the same logic as Umbra being stronger but the other way round.

Frankly, I don't think Umbras will play out like what most people think it would but of course, there is just no info on anything.

So, it is possible, that Umbra is not gonna be a frame at all but a new kind of power/combat mode just like how Second Dream and War Within gave us new combat modes.

Of course, no concrete info has ever been given and everything up till now has been pure speculation on at most 4 or 5 official sentences given by Steve and other devs.

There are actually so many ways to interpret what little info they have given because most of it is just so vague and a lot of it can be interpreted as just talking about the aesthetics of Umbras and not their gameplay mechanics.

If we really look at all the info objectively, there really isn't any good and relevant info that provides concrete description of Umbras' gameplay mechanics or how they will fit in the game from a gameplay perspective.

So, I think a lot of us will be surprised and/or disappointed when the actual quest comes out if too much focus/hype is placed on the Excal Umbra reward and not the lore.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

8 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

To be honest, few weeks ago, I was really hoping it would drop either this week or next week because I calculated that I would max out focus this week, and because of Steve's posts.

Then, that deadline was missed again like all the other earlier ones.

Now, apart from grinding archwing, Khora and some weapons to try for MR 25, I really have nothing much left to do in Warframe other than grinding those items for Mastery.🙁

Seriously hope the mid-June deadline is for real this time.

At least you are at MR 25 or close to it, I'm 15, and I went from 8 (before umbra was announced) to 15 (sometime after umbra was annonced) and I ran out of things to do back when i was MR 8, as a player present since the release I have every single map unlocked automatically (only new ones that I have to complete), almost every single warframe (need the newer ones), and some of the weapons. My problem is that I use the same thing non stop until im bored.. this will likely happens with Umbra, I may play another year with just Umbra equipped like I always did with some warframes.

The best thing is that people think I'm a new player since I'm MR15 until I say that I'm not .😂

3 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

At least you are at MR 25 or close to it, I'm 15, and I went from 8 (before umbra was announced) to 15 (sometime after umbra was annonced) and I ran out of things to do back when i was MR 8, as a player present since the release I have every single map unlocked automatically (only new ones that I have to complete), almost every single warframe (need the newer ones), and some of the weapons. My problem is that I use the same thing non stop until im bored.. this will likely happens with Umbra, I may play another year with just Umbra equipped like I always did with some warframes.

The best thing is that people think I'm a new player since I'm MR15 until I say that I'm not .😂

I'm MR 18 and it took me 3 years

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

IMHO...

Prime is like Superman and Umbra is likely “Dark Knight Returns” Batman if we are going DC Analogies...

Imo

Prime is Supergirl

Umbra is Powergirl

One of them from earth 1 the other from earth 2.

I think it has something to do with the multiverse onko said before. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Ok or that,but then again if umbra is strong like prime then what is the point for just new and dark look,if that is the case then ok but I think that he is going 2 bee stronger then prime like prime is stronger from normal if you know what I meant... In this case we robins are rare and batman is only 1 like umbra

He won’t be stronger.  Head-on, I’m guessing Umbra isn’t winning a toe-to-toe Slugfest against a Prime Variant.

That doesn’t mean he can’t win utilizing his skill set, though.  Just like Old Bruce Wayne with his Kryptonite-enhanced Armor.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Imo

Prime is Supergirl

Umbra is Powergirl

One of them from earth 1 the other from earth 2.

I think it has something to do with the multiverse onko said before. 

I must resist the urge to joke about which one took the biggest assets in all this...

• Like 1

After watching the Sacrifice trailer I found I wanted a background of Excal umbra holding the sword at the end of the trailer or even Excalibur umbra himself, I just can't find an image that is 1366x768 that has either of those 2 things. Have any of you found one and if possible can you link it?

Our Prince of the Moon will arrive soon, my friends. Our faith may dwindle, but I have trusted the clutches of time for the last 3 years to see him safely delivered to us. [DE]lay or no [DE]lay, the legend will come, and we will rejoice under the endless moonlight casted by his Exalted Blade. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Klavinmour said:

BUT!
They don't want them to just have higher stats, so they will have the same armour/energy/etc as the standard versions of the Warframes, but instead will have a different take on their abilities to make them stand out.

This part is only speculation, don't make people confused.

36 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

This part is only speculation, don't make people confused.

Except it's not speculation.
DE_Steve outright said on the Dev Stream where they stated that Umbra will be the opposite of Prime, that the Umbra Warframes will have the same stats as the default versions, and that it will be their abilities that are modified in someway.

Since I'm kind of curious on the subject, what Weapons, Warframe, and Companion/Sentinel are you planning on using in the upcoming Sacrifice quest? No need to be super specific on build details if you don't want.

For me Personally:

Warframe: Volt Prime (looking good with his Zener Skin 😀 )

Primary Weapon: Sancti Tigris - 100% status, Corrosive/Blast

Secondary Weapon: Akmagnus - Hybrid, Corrosive

Melee Weapon: Dragon Nikana

Sentinel: Dethcube

Sentinel Weapon: Prime Laser Rifle

Edited by JK21Games

27 minutes ago, Klavinmour said:

Except it's not speculation.
DE_Steve outright said on the Dev Stream where they stated that Umbra will be the opposite of Prime, that the Umbra Warframes will have the same stats as the default versions, and that it will be their abilities that are modified in someway.

I wonder what exactly that's implying though. Are they directly inverting things or what? Because if you're going to straight up CHANGE the powers to something different, you have to change armor and stuff to balance it out.

Also, am I the only one wondering why lua is falling apart around umbra in the trailer? I'm feeling like umbra must be waking up while the moon is going either in or out of the void. Or at least during some major event on the moon. I might just be out of the loop, but NOBODY is talking about it. 

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
addition