(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

5 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I don't really care about excal umbra, but I do care about umbra in general. Most importantly is still what cinematic story and new mechanics it'll bring... 

I was playing with a theory based on the definition of 'umbra' and the number three, and how it could tie old and new mechanics together. Umbra warframes would be an unlocked ability like your operator, a third stage of development or a third layer like the lotus glyph. Once unlocked, you would have to absorb a certain amount of energy as your operator (presumably from kills) to charge your umbra ability, which would enshroud your operator with a warframe-like skin and grant similar movement and abilities, but with 'true' damage and 'ludicrous' stats. The cost would be that you couldn't mod it but advanced it like your operator. Maybe you aquire different Umbra shells and passives like Primes, but I crave the ability to choose at least one of your four abilities, selected from the abilities of warframes you already own.

I don't know how likely this is, but I think it would make the operator mechanic a lot more fun in missions while also giving Eidolon hunts a great climax.

Then again, now that they'll all be called "Umbryos" maybe we'd rather sacrifice a warframe with its prime to get an OP version that'll get nerfed next year 😄

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)dillonman202 said:

Like they did with War Within? 

I was present at the war within it was not delivered in time at least for PC i don't even remember it anounced on a devstream but I remember waiting together with the whole community on their main forum post about the things delaying the war within for a whole day almost until it was delivered around 4 am here and 1 am there or something like that.

25 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I was present at the war within it was not delivered in time at least for PC i don't even remember it anounced on a devstream but I remember waiting together with the whole community on their main forum post about the things delaying the war within for a whole day almost until it was delivered around 4 am here and 1 am there or something like that.

We will find out more on devstream.and if we are lucky then in a next week or in week after that...

1 hour ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I remember it being dropped at midnight, and I'm in DE's timezone

sign.....anyone like me just keep refreshing Steve's Tweet and WF's Tweet hoping for the quest info ? 

1 hour ago, XideBeast said:

sign.....anyone like me just keep refreshing Steve's Tweet and WF's Tweet hoping for the quest info ? 

Same... i can smell it already

19 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

repetition is the Umbra thread's forte, so I might as well contribute:

~What if Umbra~

Is actually a suit filled with cats, hamsters, or clones of the dog from that one Silent Hill ending?

Ehmergerd!  Der perserberitiez!!!!!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CriticalFumble said:

Is actually a suit filled with cats

no amount of allegra or claritin will fix me

If not today then it could be thursday (they are used to drop patches on tuesdays and thursdays)

If not, then next week

The only reason I want Umbra is mastery, I wouldn't trade all of my progress for the frame.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 5

I already don't play Excalibur so odds are I'm probably not going to play Umbra unless it radically diverges from Excal..... sooooo ...... No?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

For Umbra I would trade my only friend and lover in this lonely space of bloodshed and despair; The Man In The Wall...

Spoiler

qCS129n.jpg

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook
  • Haha 15
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 1

2 hours ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

If not today then it could be thursday (they are used to drop patches on tuesdays and thursdays)

If not, then next week

Sorry, but it's not comming this week, nor next week. We have the little teasers this friday, and after that, no more NOTHING until (if things go as planned) Mid-june.

Of course, could be awesome to see it sooner than later, but still, big chance.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

That doesn't even make sense, that means you'd trade every single item that gives mastery for one frame? why wtf

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

No. Why would anyone want to?

I might trade platinum for it, if it looked good enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Yeah i would, cause to me its worth it, and it would give me something to do getting all the weapons and frames back. And i would do it all stylin as umbra. No ragrets. Not a single letter 

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Kosen said:

Sorry, but it's not comming this week, nor next week. We have the little teasers this friday, and after that, no more NOTHING until (if things go as planned) Mid-june.

Of course, could be awesome to see it sooner than later, but still, big chance.

Quite possible! According to DE Steve's twitter earlier this month, the UI update, scheduled now for Mid June was decoupled from Sacrifice. I would still contend that its likely that Sacrifice will not release until after Tennocon honestly; but of course, I would be pleased to be wrong in this case.

No,  I dont care how good you think the Umbral might be its not wroth a 25ish rank, you know how much time that is ? Unless the Warframe is invincible there is no way in hell anyone who has any concept of the value of time would trade a 20 + rank for anything this game has to offer.

Edited by (XB1)DeadFall526
  • Applause 1