Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Nah..I won't trade MR for him.

He is just mastery fodder for me, assuming he is just another Prime or have same abilities but different stats.

The most I will trade is some platinum or my normal Excalibur and that's as far as I will go.

No way in hell I am gonna trade Excalibur Prime for him or any of my Prime frames for him either.

It's just getting kind of hilarious, if they're [DE]laying the update because of bug fixes, they might as well release it here and now. There has yet to be an update that launches 100% without any sort of issues, even if they're trying to fix everything before the drop (looking at you, onslaught), it's gonna be broken anyway.

3 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

It's the only safe bet. I'm not going to think it's coming until those words literally pass their lips and, even then, there's still precedent for DElays.

Would it not be better to just stop listening to what they say all together and instead just assume it's finished when you're actually watching the opening cinematic in game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've not been waiting as long as some, sure, so perhaps I'm not gone through the same wringer, but I'm still confident it's coming out Mid-June. There's three main reasons which are either disconnected to what DE has said or have some hard evidence.

First, we haven't got a hype-site yet and there's a big devstream (the last for a month, so they can't exactly make it small potatoes. Revealing the hype-site would suffice as a reveal, and then of course there'd need to be a week or two.

Second, it's almost certainly ready by now. It was originally supposed to come with the particles earlier this month, and since that was one thing we got frequent updates on until a short while before their release and they decoupled them for testing, it's evident that the particles were the cause of a lot of the recent [DE]lays. Since they seem to be working just fine, there isn't any more reason to delay it other than the last phase of the Hype cycle and point three. Evidence to support that it really was coming with particles is the fact that not everything tied to the quest was removed from the update. Remember the quest giver symbol in Onkko's room? That means that they had put related assets into the update.

Third, it's unlikely to come out in the next week or so, because there's a new Prime Access due then, Chroma's or Limbo's. It's unlikely it will coincide with that release directly, but having a new prime access around the same time as a big update brings players back to the game makes financial sense. Players will log in to get Umbra, and it's reasonable to assume that more people in the game alongside another new shiny just coming out means more people buying it. Since they aren't selling Umbra, they'll want something tempting to buy (like a new Prime Access) around the same time to take advantage of the influx of new and (probably more likely) returning players.

That's... basically what I said.

Not entirely, because by your words:

I'm not going to think it's coming until those words literally pass their lips

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

If this is the reality of the situation, it just proves my past point on DE not learning from the mistakes of the War Within, and the recent ones with the Sacrifice. Why change social media avatars and cover photos if release is still over 50 days away?

Of course, it's just your guess, so I don't have much to say about it currently.

Indeed! Its also quite possible if DE is having any display at media events occurring beforehand, that it could be connected to such delays. To give something tangible and displayable to the wider audience and justify the drought of the past year.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Third, it's unlikely to come out in the next week or so, because there's a new Prime Access due then, Chroma's or Limbo's. It's unlikely it will coincide with that release directly, but having a new prime access around the same time as a big update brings players back to the game makes financial sense. Players will log in to get Umbra, and it's reasonable to assume that more people in the game alongside another new shiny just coming out means more people buying it. Since they aren't selling Umbra, they'll want something tempting to buy (like a new Prime Access) around the same time to take advantage of the influx of new and (probably more likely) returning players. 

Are you sure there won't be some sorta "Umbra access" feature? I imagine them allowing you to buy it as well

7 minutes ago, Sifurak said:

Are you sure there won't be some sorta "Umbra access" feature? I imagine them allowing you to buy it as well

I believe that, at least for Excalibur Umbra, they aren't allowed to sell it or have us farm for it as part of the deal with the Chinaframe devs, so they have to deliver it as a quest reward. This might change for future Umbras, but that's a different story.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I believe that, at least for Excalibur Umbra, they aren't allowed to sell it or have us farm for it as part of the deal with the Chinaframe devs, so they have to deliver it as a quest reward. This might change for future Umbras, but that's a different story.

It would be cool if they gave the whole frame instead of a blueprint as an apology for the delays and 3 year long wait.

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I hope after the quest, you just get the whole warframe, built and everything. If they're not gonna sell it. If you have to farm it, I would just rather buy it honestly. This has been something i've been waiting for, for so long it almost hurts having to wait

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Icari said:

It's been stated several times that The Sacrifice is almost complete, so giving a loose timeframe of 1-3 weeks isn't unlikely at all. Taking into consideration that there was no update last week, just a few hotfixes, we're also led to believe that they have all hands on deck for the next update. Which as previously stated, will be The Sacrifice and Umbra. (Also i know what Soon™ means, i was just saying it's more like a real soon, not the "haha it'll be in like 2 years" soon. :p)

they changed alll their facebook stuff today, its possible its tomorrow? 

or next week if facebook is just a "continuing" teaser

I see WF is quite silent now, usually they answer their fan’s comments but now they r not, maybe they are in rush to make the quest finish and release before Tennocon.

Plus, I feel the quest hub is coming soon as well.

39 minutes ago, Nottezio said:

Unpopular opinion here:

I would, MR is just a number anyway. 

I don't care about MR anymore since I hit 20, I just want to collect everything. 

But wouldn't you be unable to collect new items in future, if they are MR locked?

You will become MR0 again.

You will also need to remake a duplicate of all your current frames and weapons, and then relevel them to get enough MR to use the future weapons/frames/rivens/mods.

Then, some frames and weapons are quest items so you may not be able to get them again unless you buy with cash.

All for 1 frame.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

So far they only think a few specific frames will be umbra'ed and not a whole series like Prime because of story implications. But they didn't think Prime would be every single frame in the beginning either, so lets just see what they even do with this first one.