Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

What was given officially is all frames will have Prime version but not all will have Umbra version and that Umbra is going to be a new line of frames like Prime.

So, minimally, we are looking at 2 more Umbras after Excal Umbra.

Maximally, we are looking at (X - 1) Umbras including Excal Umbra, where X is the total number of frames by the end.

My guess is 7 including Excal Umbra simply because that number seems to have popped up in many things in Warframe universe, from number of polarties/focus school to number of Orokin emperors to number of Stalker and Acolytes, etc.

Just in case someone asks what 7 focus schools or polarities, the 6th is Penjaga and the 7th is Koneksi. You can see them on companion mods, and legendary/old fusion cores respectively.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO
  • Like 1

Personally, I kinda hate that DE only plans to Umbra a select few frames, since chances are, they're gonna be the original set of frames. I personally never cared for any of the original frames, some newer frames have more interesting kits imo. Was hoping that Umbras would be a way to give frames a  sort of "Prime" alternative more quickly while we wait for the actual prime. Nidus Prime still years away? Just wait a bit, he'll likely get an Umbra soon to tie you over! In fact, I think it'd be cool to be given a series of challenges to complete, solo, with a certain frame to earn their Umbra variant.

I suppose you could say we are in the final moments before release and because of this I have a reflection on the matter. What will it feel like to finally own Excalibur Umbra? This is possibly the greatest debacle in all of Warframe’s life. We’ve been theorizing for years, spending time sharing what we think or what could happen. I will say it has linked the community in a way unlike any other. Thousands of players coming together to ponder so much about something we know so little of.

What becomes of us once Umbra is here? Would it be considered the end of a long journey? I’d say so. But the shock and awe of seeing an Excalibur Umbra in your inventory amazes me. We’ve been hyped up, hyped down, and waiting, and now our time is about to come. The final piece to the puzzle is upon us brothers. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

I suppose you could say we are in the final moments before release and because of this I have a reflection on the matter. What will it feel like to finally own Excalibur Umbra? This is possibly the greatest debacle in all of Warframe’s life. We’ve been theorizing for years, spending time sharing what we think or what could happen. I will say it has linked the community in a way unlike any other. Thousands of players coming together to ponder so much about something we know so little of.

What becomes of us once Umbra is here? Would it be considered the end of a long journey? I’d say so. But the shock and awe of seeing an Excalibur Umbra in your inventory amazes me. We’ve been hyped up, hyped down, and waiting, and now our time is about to come. The final piece to the puzzle is upon us brothers. 

To me, it's just a matter of how different Excal Umbra is from Normal Excalibur. Will The Sacrifice open a new way for Umbra frames to be played? How much more is there to Umbra other than "it looks cool"

On topic: Umbra will be in with Sacrafice.

But I want to also point out, a few Devstreams ago it was mentioned that the new two handed katana was being delayed for the next warframe. Unless its Excal Umbra I speculate an entirely new Warframe in secret, 2 two handed katanas (Ballas & Tenno) several other weapons also. On top of the soon to be new Prime Access.

I honestly believe aside from a story, we will get a fair amount of content.

14 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

To me, it's just a matter of how different Excal Umbra is from Normal Excalibur. Will The Sacrifice open a new way for Umbra frames to be played? How much more is there to Umbra other than "it looks cool"

Prime frame have prime power effects from normal frames...so maybe umbra have same power with new cool looking effects. Or you can change his powers but they are similar 2 original frame. Like when in mmorop you have paladin or warrior with level 10 power and similar style powers but much better in level 50....

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

On topic: Umbra will be in with Sacrafice.

But I want to also point out, a few Devstreams ago it was mentioned that the new two handed katana was being delayed for the next warframe. Unless its Excal Umbra I speculate an entirely new Warframe in secret, 2 two handed katanas (Ballas & Tenno) several other weapons also. On top of the soon to be new Prime Access.

I honestly believe aside from a story, we will get a fair amount of content.

No no and no. New frame is a new frame...they did said umbra new open world and secret project...then they show weapon and in this upcoming devstream they will show that new warframe...its old topic and you need 2 bee updated 😛 maybe umbra will come in same time like new prime frame and that is in 10 days...

Edited by Vlada91

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XB1)Evilpricetag:

iirc the 2h Katana will be the warframe after Umbra. Also if i remember correctly they want to showcase/reveal the next warframe on the upcoming devstream. Dont pin me down on that though.

What i am hoping for however is Ballas' Sword. In a devstream DE talked about it a bit and were thinking about rewarding us with that weapon - which would be a heavy blae most likely - but they didnt 100% confirm that we could get that weapon: I personally would hope for that - in best case even including the sheath - but eh

Can you all remember when in the end of war within quest you can drink, drop or save the magic bottle. What if you save the bottle you can give 2 Balas 2 dring and give him counter effects and he become normal looking dude with normal arms.... and like thanking you he give you his sword,but if you dont give him bottle then you can kill him and just thake his sword... remember this I think that im right if not then what is all point to have dark light side in that quest....

Edited by Vlada91

4 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

I think it'd be cool to be given a series of challenges to complete, solo, with a certain frame to earn their Umbra variant.

It's five in the morning and this line made me have a glorious read: awful idea. Umbra = Warframes except with Riven-like RNG'd stats.

6 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

My guess is 7 including Excal Umbra simply because that number seems to have popped up in many things in Warframe universe, from number of polarties/focus school to number of Orokin emperors to number of Stalker and Acolytes, etc.

Way back DE mentioned how they wanted to stop doing primes after their "series 1" frames, which IIRC included everything released up to and including update 7. Think it had something to do with separating Primes that were created by the Orokin from those that weren't. Then Nova Prime came, of course, lore changed and the idea was thrown out the window. Maybe Umbra will resurrect that rule.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

11 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

One thing I'm curious about is what will happen when China gets the quest, can't imagine them leaving Excal in there due it being their founders pack exclusive. They will probably have to replace Excal with another Umbra.

They will have maybe excal prime look for umbra but in black color and they can not painting him in white like founder's...

Ooh you can see the dark side of the hype when you look at their reasoning

"Its just another Excal with different stats"

"Excalibore"

Now, saying that letting go of hard-earned mr would be a good reasoning but people are taking it so far that they've already assumed it will be a boring quest with "Just another excal"

and then they complain the update doesn't drop

Edited by CalcualtedMurderMachine

4 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

Same for me.

Especially since Dexcalibur skin is much cooler imho.

However, given that DE has only worked on it for 3 months, a simple (lazy) reskin with some changed stats and fundamentally non-game changing passive like Excal Prime or the Chinaframe Excal Umbra Prime is a rather realistic expectation.

Anything extra will be a pleasant and huge surprise for me but I don't think the chance of that happening is high, given the timeline of development.

I am lookinf more towards the quest and how much it expands the lore.