Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

7 hours ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

They have stressed countless times that it will not be a re-skin

The thing you totally missed - Not once did I say I thought it would be a reskin. My question of "how do you know" was because I was hoping there were stats/abilities (WIP) released somewhere I had missed. It was not because I thought it was a reskin. It has been years since it was announced, I would hope it is not just a reskin. 

3 days and no tweets about a new log in screen.... not a word about anything the dry moment that DE leaves in their wake as we ponder if they are still alive.

90% of the team are on this project.

What is the 10% doing? I mean that some amount of that 10% is live support.. and other important around the clock functions... but I hope they are making new tilesets  out of crayola.

Just adding to @LazerSkink's alcoholism again.

What if Umbra Excalibur has been Galatine all this time.

In Arthurian Lore Galatine was referred to as "the shadow to Excaliburs light". A sword just as powerful.

Umbra is shadow Excalibur. Galatine is Excaliburs shadow. 

Undeniable proof we had him before Chinaframe did.

Fite me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

In Arthurian Lore Galatine was referred to as "the shadow to Excaliburs light". A sword just as powerful.

Fite me.

Random and unrelated: As a fellow Wukong fan (both in game and fiction related), I am looking forward to being able to mod Wukong's Exalted staff. 😎

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Fite me.

Instead of a luminous Radial Blind, Umbra creates Radial Darkness...which blinds.  

Power differences solved!  Phyte ME!

30 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Fite me.

Wow, congrats on posting a fun fact that actually interested me.

Regardless, another one to my tab.

31 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Random and unrelated: As a fellow Wukong fan (both in game and fiction related), I am looking forward to being able to mod Wukong's Exalted staff. 😎

I kinda am. Whilst it will be nice to have both a functional glaive and a functional staff I am going to miss Exodias, assuming of course they aren't implemented for unique melees.

And if they aren't, whilst being a QoL it's also technically a nerf, which I'm not really down for. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Instead of a luminous Radial Blind, Umbra creates Radial Darkness...which blinds.  

Power differences solved!  Phyte ME!

Sounds good to me, Excalibur flashbangs you, Umbra covers your eyes in duct tape.

Can he also giggle whilst doing so?

5 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Wow, congrats on posting a fun fact that actually interested me.

Regardless, another one to my tab.

:inlove:

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I kinda am. Whilst it will be nice to have both a functional glaive and a functional staff I am going to miss Exodias, assuming of course they aren't implemented for unique melees.

And if they aren't, whilst being a QoL it's also technically a nerf, which I'm not really down for. 

Sounds good to me, Excalibur flashbangs you, Umbra covers your eyes in duct tape.

Can he also giggle whilst doing so?

:inlove:

To be honest I was being redundantly Coy.

A much cooler version would be a cloud of Radial darkness that follows and let’s Umbra execute Finisher damage on an enemy and has a modified version of Mesa/Zephyr weapon aggro reduction because thry are firing into a cloud of darkness.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

TBH I'm expecting Umbra to have Stats tied to the compass somehow, so the more you're in Darkness, the more power it will get.

On another note I'm really excited to see if Chroma Prime will also follow the design pattern Umbra and Oberon have, as he is also a knight.

3 hours ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

That does not look like the Umbra Half moon symbol they have, at least not fully, but if it is.. perhaps another Umbra will be avaible to ? Maybe that new warframe they said.

It is so obvious by now that it's a standard warframe and not Excalibur Umbra (and unlikely that it's another Umbra). If I'm wrong, first person to quote this reply after #36's reveal gets 100 Platinum.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It is so obvious by now that it's a standard warframe and not Excalibur Umbra (and unlikely that it's another Umbra). If I'm wrong, first person to quote this reply after #36's reveal gets 100 Platinum.

Ha

I am first :3

Edited by CaptainStrawberry

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

The thing you totally missed - Not once did I say I thought it would be a reskin. My question of "how do you know" was because I was hoping there were stats/abilities (WIP) released somewhere I had missed. It was not because I thought it was a reskin. It has been years since it was announced, I would hope it is not just a reskin. 

Well it sounded like you were defending the view that umbra was a re-skin

Sorry if I understood wrong

22 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

But wouldn't you be unable to collect new items in future, if they are MR locked?

You will become MR0 again.

You will also need to remake a duplicate of all your current frames and weapons, and then relevel them to get enough MR to use the future weapons/frames/rivens/mods.

Then, some frames and weapons are quest items so you may not be able to get them again unless you buy with cash.

All for 1 frame.

Not if they allowed us to keep what we already have. 

The question is would you sacrifice the mastery rank not Mr and all the weapon and warframe. 

They already said that they will be revealing the next warframe this Devstream and that they won't be showing any Sacrifice stuff. 

So yeah that picture is most likely not anything related to Umbra but more to the Warframe that's supposedly coming with the 2 handed Katana. Which i wonder if it'll be released any time soon considering its already June with only 1 new warframe being released so far.

1 hour ago, Nottezio said:

Not if they allowed us to keep what we already have. 

The question is would you sacrifice the mastery rank not Mr and all the weapon and warframe. 

Yes, you get to keep them but they would no longer grant mastery, right?

As in that's my assumption.

They would all be lvl 30 or have been lvl 30 before (if you forma them).

So, if let's say a new weapon or frame is MR locked to say MR 20, you would need to get duplicates and relevel them till you are MR20 before you can collect the new item.

Then, some frames and weapons are from quests which currently redoing the quests do not grant them as rewards again. This means you need to buy them via plat in the store.

1 hour ago, CalcualtedMurderMachine said:

Well it sounded like you were defending the view that umbra was a re-skin

I believe the only thing I said on that topic was along the lines of "it has taken so long, I do not care what they do with it". If it is just a reskin, I do not care. So, I can kind of see where you are coming from. 

Of course, it just being a reskin would be a really terrible idea on DE's part. I believe people are expecting more than that - they have had years to work on it. All aspects should be done really well.

On one hand, I'm extremely excited in the fact that Umbra maybe kinda sorta might finally be coming soon(?)

On the other hand, I'm also extremely disappointed that Umbra(and The Sacrifice by extension) basically became The Wait Within 2.0 and that it's taken this long just to bring him into the international build.

7 hours ago, KayEvSki said:

What do you think? What's on this graphic that announces "DevStream #112" Devstream112_1080p_v2.jpg.77847de97926ee

Its simple this is chest from new warframe...you can si his hand... his shape of the body is similar to excal.