Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

41 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I believe the only thing I said on that topic was along the lines of "it has taken so long, I do not care what they do with it". If it is just a reskin, I do not care. So, I can kind of see where you are coming from. 

Of course, it just being a reskin would be a really terrible idea on DE's part. I believe people are expecting more than that - they have had years to work on it. All aspects should be done really well.

Agreed

Sorry if I sounded harsh yesterday, had a series of things going wrong

Apologies

38 minutes ago, Blade said:

On one hand, I'm extremely excited in the fact that Umbra maybe kinda sorta might finally be coming soon(?)

On the other hand, I'm also extremely disappointed that Umbra(and The Sacrifice by extension) basically became The Wait Within 2.0 and that it's taken this long just to bring him into the international build.

"The Wait Within 2.0?" With how long we've had to wait for Umbra (to put things in perspective, Umbra was revealed before TSD released), we should be calling "Umbra 2.0". The Wait Within pales in comparison to the wait for Umbra. Now, The Sacrifice? Sure. That's definitely The Wait Within 2.0. But not Umbra.

2 hours ago, Midrib said:

They already said that they will be revealing the next warframe this Devstream and that they won't be showing any Sacrifice stuff. 

So yeah that picture is most likely not anything related to Umbra but more to the Warframe that's supposedly coming with the 2 handed Katana. Which i wonder if it'll be released any time soon considering its already June with only 1 new warframe being released so far.

Hope that frame doesn’t come out with candy-floss “fire” affects similar to the two-handed Katana and Nekros deluxe.

With all the hype ever since it first released in Chinese server, I feel like it would be really a waste if Umbra ended up as just another copy of Excalibur with better stats, or just the equivalent to its prime ver for non-founder. What if DE halted his release all this time so he could be a different frame from Excalibur, with not only different stats, but also with different abilities?

Perhaps it would become a similar sword-themed warframe like Excalibur, but instead of using light radiance, it uses dark force with different kind of attack. Perhaps like a darker brother of the sword to Excalibur, both using sword yet traverse different path.

Perhaps the frame wouldn't be Excalibur Umbra, but simply Umbra.

Adding fuel to the hype train, people~

41 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Hope that frame doesn’t come out with candy-floss “fire” affects similar to the two-handed Katana and Nekros deluxe.

I hope so, those jelly flame are extremely annoying.

P.S. But if it's flowing mist particles, that would be cool. (In my opinion, at least)

In the early days when they talked about this briefly, the idea was that it was a darker themed frame.  Both in appearance and ability set.  Whether it turns out like that is anyone's guess.  That's where I will turn my mind off and not let it wonder about.

3 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Do you think that new frame is coming with sacrifice quest and new prime frame a the same time???

Spoiler

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Renseiryuu said:

With all the hype ever since it first released in Chinese server, I feel like it would be really a waste if Umbra ended up as just another copy of Excalibur with better stats, or just the equivalent to its prime ver for non-founder. What if DE halted his release all this time so he could be a different frame from Excalibur, with not only different stats, but also with different abilities?

Perhaps it would become a similar sword-themed warframe like Excalibur, but instead of using light radiance, it uses dark force with different kind of attack. Perhaps like a darker brother of the sword to Excalibur, both using sword yet traverse different path.

Perhaps the frame wouldn't be Excalibur Umbra, but simply Umbra.

Adding fuel to the hype train, people~

They already said he will be a new frame not a copy paste.

6 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

It is so obvious by now that it's a standard warframe and not Excalibur Umbra (and unlikely that it's another Umbra). If I'm wrong, first person to quote this reply after #36's reveal gets 100 Platinum.

Now I really hope you're gonna be wrong

33 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Didn’t ChangYou say Umbra could be in the global build as long as he is not farmed or bought directly for money? 

So unless I’m mistaken, that means this could possibly be the first quest in which we get a fully built frame as a direct reward.

You kow I whose thinking something similar last night,that when we got him. He will have all forma and already max rank on him.... so that we can get master rank from him and all we can is 2 play him in full potential and that's it. And im ok with that...similar like we get operator in game with no farming or platinum and no master rank xp...

Edited by Vlada91

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Didn’t ChangYou say Umbra could be in the global build as long as he is not farmed or bought directly for money? 

So unless I’m mistaken, that means this could possibly be the first quest in which we get a fully built frame as a direct reward.

Their probably going to tie that in with the story somehow.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Nope, they just said Umbra can be in the global build. But Excalibur Umbra Prime will never be available anywhere else except Chinaframe and it won't drop or appear in the in-game market anywhere.

Some people just misinterpreted it and thought that ways of acquiring Umbra in the global build are limited.

Just now, Ksaero said:

But Excalibur Umbra Prime will never be available anywhere else except Chinaframe and it won't drop or appear in the in-game market anywhere.

Why would they need to reaffirm that? It was already on the “Founder” package agreement.

Although I do wonder exactly how ChinaFrame will handle this quest if they ever get it.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Why would they need to reaffirm that? It was already on the “Founder” package agreement.

Although I do wonder exactly how ChinaFrame will handle this quest if they ever get it.

Yeah that's what I was wondering about aswell.

My guess is one of the next Umbra frames that they make will replace Excal  Umbra in their version.