Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

31 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Why would they need to reaffirm that? It was already on the “Founder” package agreement.

Although I do wonder exactly how ChinaFrame will handle this quest if they ever get it.

They had to make an agreement with DE and publish it after DE promised us that Umbra and respective weapons will enter global build. Chinaframe founders demanded explanation IIRC.

This is their post (translated):

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapon are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators".On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded.

Edited by Ksaero

18 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Hm..

What if you end up having to farm for Umbra parts, they have like an 1% chance of dropping on rotation C, and you need like 40k polymer bundle, 20k oxium, 20 nitain, and 5 argon crystals to build them?

Unless there's no way to buy it, I don't care.

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

They had to make an agreement with DE and publish it after DE promised us that Umbra and respective weapons will enter global build. Chinaframe founders demanded explanation IIRC.

This is their post (translated):

On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the Chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra Excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra Excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra Excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this.

In other developments, the Prime (samurai blade or Nikana) and Prime (drill/screw Kunai) will not be on sale in the market and neither will it drop for China warframe players. These weapon are also exclusive to China warfame "Originators".On the international side however, these weapons will be released under an unknown format (might be event? market? Prime Access or anything that DE can think up of) after China warframe's Originator's pack sale have concluded.

Ah yes. This. I remember.

Yay. Fully built Umbra Excal, here it comes!

Doesn't that refer to Excalibur Umbra Prime, though? Anyway, I think our Umbra will be different. A while ago I think Steve suggested there would be an Umbra system. Excal Umbra will probably either be a quest reward or a part of this system that we'll unlock, like Focus.

1 hour ago, Caliboom said:

Hm..

What if you end up having to farm for Umbra parts, they have like an 1% chance of dropping on rotation C, and you need like 40k polymer bundle, 20k oxium, 20 nitain, and 5 argon crystals to build them?

Umbra will not be farmable we have to adquire Umbra in a way different from any other warframe (we have said this many times), this is a part of the agreement with Chinaframe, so I guess you should not worry about farming Umbra, unless something change.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

50 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Now you are contradicting for the sake of it.

Contradicting with what? Agreement I mentioned only states limits of Chinese Excalibur Umbra Prime release, but nothing is said about global Excalibur Umbra except that it can be released.

Edited by Ksaero

27 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Umbra will not be farmable we have to adquire Umbra in a way different from any other warframe (we have said this many times), this is a part of the agreement with Chinaframe, so I guess you should not worry about farming Umbra, unless something change.

Is it the same agreement I quoted earlier?

48 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Is it the same agreement I quoted earlier?

Oh.. that just hit me, perhaps thats why its called The Sacrifice. That would be a new method of adquiring a warframe, a method that we have not used yet.

Perhaps we have to indeed sacrifice something now thinking about it.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

25 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Oh.. that just hit me, perhaps thats why its called The Sacrifice. That would be a new method of adquiring a warframe, a method that we have not used yet.

Perhaps we have to indeed sacrifice something now thinking about it.

Sacrifice our time to acquire Umbra...wait it sounds similar to other frames' acquisition method.