(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

14 hours ago, Ktro said:

I checked out destiny lore master byf's channel and he had warframe lore videos and it said paid promotion. He launched 2 videos intro and the second dream. He will upload the war within lore segment next week only after that sacrifice will release

If I follow your theory, then I think DE may release The Sacrifice on the same week Byf upload his War Within video; which is next week. With that, Byf himself can play it and make The Sacrifice video the week after(presumably).

13 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Tree of live,in this case reborn... maybe its for lotus,ballas or operator...to sacrifice the past for new beginning.

It reminds me a bit of the moral compass, where light and dark kinda separate the image in two.

8 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Or it could refer to the source of the arboriform the Orokin used to transmit Void energy.

The symbolism of the cherry tree in Japan is that it represents life's beauty and tragic shortness. And it has that meaning because cherry blossoms don't last long. So, I think it has to do with the central theme of someone's life being tragically cut short, being temporary. I doubt has something to do with the Orokin arboriform.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

21 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It reminds me a bit of the moral compass, where light and dark kinda separate the image in two.

The symbolism of the cherry tree in Japan is that it represents life's beauty and tragic shortness. And it has that meaning because cherry blossoms don't last long. So, I think it has to do with the central theme of someone's life being tragically cut short, being temporary. I doubt has something to do with the Orokin arboriform.

It doesn't mean DE takes on every aspect of real life symbolism for their game. They haven't done that in the past and they're probably not going to do that now. Either possibility is valid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

It doesn't mean DE takes on every aspect of real life symbolism for their game. They haven't done that in the past and they're probably not going to do that now. Either possibility is valid.

The cherry tree looks nothing like the Orokin arboriform. There's literally no reason for DE to specifically make a glyph with a cherry tree unless it's to reflect that symbolism. And it's not like it doesn't fit with the Sacrifice. It fits perfectly.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

You are talking about image from devstream? Do you see his shape of the body and his 1 arm is more like excal shape. Its a spooky frame,so we have nekros and mommy frame that are in spooky category. All now is left that this frame is a Vampire frame! 😊👍  BaXYOvW.jpg

7euhQSb.jpg

or maybe this yellow is a hat (limbo prime)

I am referring to the Sakura Tree glyph. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

So you dont see around him smoke and fog and because of that its normal 2 think like that.... that is hard 2 see how he really looks like... and that we call a teasing. 😛

No. I mean his actual chest. Its not the same type of fog surrounding him. The metalic parts of the frame do not have that texture. But his pectorals seem to consist of black smoke.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

15 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Fairly certain the Sakura tree is for Margulis, who died tragically in an attempt to protect the children.

I think it'll be for Lotus as well. I think there's a reason DE let slip that this is the third/last of a trilogy of cinematic quests. I think we'll just have AI Lotus after this quest, and that Lotus will somehow sacrifice herself to save the Tenno. And that glyph will be our reminder of the Lotus's sacrifice. At least, that's what I would do. We'll see, though.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Now what if the sacrifice is actually Margulis/Lotus giving up her role as Mother/Guide of the Tenno, and choosing to live her life romantically with Ballas? I think this would be a great opportunity for the Tenno to mature, and there’s no other way I could think of the Tenno to mature into adults than to lose their Mother. 

Now this leaves into question how does Umbra fit into this, or where does Ballas fit into this either. We know not of his intentions, only that he wants to run away with his lover again. This leaves the Tenno all alone. Perhaps he’ll reward us with a parting gift? Kind of like how a father or mother gives something to their children as means of growing up. Who knows. 

What’s of more interest to me, is who would take over should this theory or any other similar theory occur. Ordis cannot keep reconstructing Lotus’ directives forever. Would Teshin? If the other Executors are alive, would they take over? Would Ballas even make his presence known to the Origin System? Imagine the widespread panic or fear amongst all knowing that the purest, most authentic Orokin is alive. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY
  • Like 1

I just saw randomly an Umbra gameplay video that DADEFUYE posted my god umbra looks so sweet, it was enough to chill me down a bit and wait a little more. It was short but was awesome (he said that the footage was from a guy on Chinaframe)

6 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

I just saw randomly an Umbra gameplay video that DADEFUYE posted my god umbra looks so sweet, it was enough to chill me down a bit and wait a little more. It was short but was awesome (he said that the footage was from a guy on Chinaframe)

There is a YT account named Andrey (or Andrei) Hutmen. He has Excalibur Umbra on a China Frame account and has posted many videos coloring him, using Exalted Blade, etc. He has been a reliable source for Umbra gameplay although most of his videos are rather short. 

His videos prove that Umbra is PBR’d and that the scarf is an accessory as he then shows the Excalibur Proto skin wearing the scarf. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

OPINION PIECE:

Hello all, mostly lurker-first-time poster.  I just recently found Warframe and have several hundred hours into the game, with star chart almost complete.  I've wanted badly to build an endgame Excalibur-build but just knowing there is a Prime version of the frame out there with better stats I can never get just kills most enthusiasm I have to use him (I don't know why, maybe I just like gold Orokin-designed things).  I then started reading up on U.S. eventually getting "Umbra" Excalibur and I got excited...until I saw a picture of him wearing that scarf.  

I began desperately searching all over the internet to see if it was removable, but alas all evidence everywhere points to this scarf being a permanent part of the frame and not removable (considering Syandanas overlap on top of it).  One thing is consistent though across ALL internet traffic:  everyone just LOVES this scarf.  It's the strangest thing, I've not found a single person who doesn't like it.  I'm thinking in my head "REALLY?!?"  As someone who has practiced martial arts for over 20 years, I cringe at the thought of doing any weapons work wearing a scarf that long.  Every time I look at a screenshot of this frame all I see is this:

L9Dgoq5.jpg

My question:  is there anyone out there that agrees with me?  Or is the community 100% gaga over this scarf?  

P.S. This isn't meant to flame or demean anyone who likes scarves, they are just not "my thing".  

• Upvote 1

the scarf might be a built-in syndana, both for reasons of A. posts like this, that dont like the scarf, and B. it would likely clip with a couple of syndanas already in the game

that said; you're crazy the scarf is sexy

• Upvote 1

I believe nothing would make Digital Extremes change the design of Excalibur Umbra since the scarf has become an iconic part of the design, whether you want it or not. It seems especially unlikely knowing that Sacrifice is a few weeks away.

Just now, Screamlord_Star said:

the scarf might be a built-in syndana, both for reasons of A. posts like this, that dont like the scarf, and B. it would likely clip with a couple of syndanas already in the game

that said; you're crazy the scarf is sexy

It's not a built-in syandana. You can wear syandanas with it.

And yes, the scarf is sexy and cool.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

There is a YT account named Andrey (or Andrei) Hutmen. He has Excalibur Umbra on a China Frame account and has posted many videos coloring him, using Exalted Blade, etc. He has been a reliable source for Umbra gameplay although most of his videos are rather short. 

His videos prove that Umbra is PBR’d and that the scarf is an accessory as he then shows the Excalibur Proto skin wearing the scarf. 

I see, man it looks amazing AF, I'll be happy just with Umbra if the quest fails just like I always said I would be. I just want to play with Excal Umbra no matter if the quest is good or bad and what will come next.Has been time I don't even touch Excalibur, and now with umbra, I'll surely fully forma and upgrade it and make if god of a frame.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

The scarf is an auxiliary piece so you don’t have to get so upset over a piece of fabric. 

Nobody is upset.  This is Fashion Frame after all, and it's no skin off my back to avoid using him outside of MR-fodder.  Plenty of other good frames to use.

Edited by AlMcFly

I literally only care about Excalibur Umbra because of that scarf... and because it gives me hope that the eventual Nyx Umbra will also have a scarf.

• Like 3

Personally I would wait and see what happens.  The game already has a framework to allow frame-specific iconic pieces to be added or removed, the Attachments\Auxiliary slot. If umbra's scarf is aux part then you can just turn it off, and if it's not an aux part you should totally make some feedback after release

Edited by Momaw

3 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Nobody is upset.  This is Fashion Frame after all, and it's no skin off my back to avoid using him outside of MR-fodder.  Plenty of other good frames to use.

You literally just said you were looking for an end-game Excalibur.