Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

What a surprise, DE didn't mention anything about the Sacrifice in this devstream. Not even a teaser, the promo video, or anything.

Well, guess I'll uninstall the game. 

Cant detect sarcasm on this one.

They have already said that no spoilers whatsoever. And the target is before Tennocon. Soon really soon. Early June looks promising.

If you are as impatient as you make yourself out to be. Boy I feel sad for you. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, (PS4)hjoseph2099 said:

Thats what I gathered from the live stream. They really didn't answer much and I was disappointed. If sacrifice is coming in 2-3 weeks. If thats true, what will they show in Tenno con?

They have a secret project. And venus isnt coming before tennocon im pretty sure. Also bimbo prime perhaps.

2 minutes ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

How long ago was Umbra promised, let's be honest...

Days after released in Chinaframe for those who followed it's release there, the post was deleted sometime after. The post talked about the 30 days wait to release Umbra globally.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

Just now, Daziri said:

More reason to wait and chillax. You waited for years. You cant wait for couple more weeks?

Not after so many recent talks and [DE]lays... I've been waiting for that fu.cker for a while now. I mean, i could have been more patient without the Apostasy Prologue, plus i'm so freaking tired of Ordis doing the Lotus transmissions.

Just now, Daziri said:

More reason to wait and chillax. You waited for years. You cant wait for couple more weeks?

Actually the closer it gets the worse Anxiety is, at least for me it's very hard to wait for things specially when it takes long and you have no information about it and they give you any information aswell. Anxiety is something annoying when it comes to wait so, for some people you can't just say "you can wait more"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

Not after so many recent talks and [DE]lays... I've been waiting for that fu.cker for a while now. I mean, i could have been more patient without the Apostasy Prologue, plus i'm so freaking tired of Ordis doing the Lotus transmissions.

Youre just as impatient as the player I quoted originally... Take time outside or decorate a dojo. You can even play something else in the meanwhile..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

They have a secret project. And venus isnt coming before tennocon im pretty sure. Also bimbo prime perhaps.

It'll most probably be announced at Tennocon (including trailers and maybe insights, etc.), which is fine and understandable.

1 minute ago, Daziri said:

Youre just as impatient as the player I quoted originally... Take time outside or decorate a dojo. You can even play something else in the meanwhile..

It's been almost 2 months since they released actual content. And no, beautiful particles isn't content. I just want a reason to play the game again, I'm tired of things being delayed and DE being silent about everything.

11 minutes ago, Daziri said:

Don't worry, i am doing other activities. Doesn't mean that i don't rush to my twitter whenever i get a notification on my phone that mentions anything remotely related to Warframe, or that i check every night if there were any patches shipped.

Edited by ErzaSakuretto

1 minute ago, Caliboom said:

It's been almost 2 months since they released actual content. And no, beautiful particles isn't content. I just want a reason to play the game again, I'm tired of things being delayed and DE being silent about everything.

Well, you might be waiting for the wrong thing, given that it's a cinematic quest (which most of the time doesn't take too much to complete) and that Umbra might come as a reward for completing the quest, not just a blueprint, but as whole, which means that there won't be much grinding for it, unless you also count formas.

8 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

Yeah i know.. they've been pushing hard for 3 years.

Excalibur Umbra is 3 years old, The Sacrifice is not. The Sacrifice was actually a surprise for us expecting Umbra when it was first released in Chinaframe. Later we thought it would come with The War Within as a reward.

That was the reason I wanted The War Within quest at first place, I also believed that it would drop with it.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

8 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

Yeah i know.. they've been pushing hard for 3 years.

Not really. They’ve been sitting on their butts for the most part. Developement on The Sacrifice only really went into full swing around six months or so ago.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01
  • Like 1

I mentioned this a while back but it got swallowed up, and it's pretty relevant with that Sakura tree. It's evidence for the Stalker Acolytes foreshadowing the Umbra frames, as each one has some association with death. I go into more detail in the original post if you want to read it, but in brief:

Excalibur's a sword, a weapon that brings death (A looser connection since Umbras as a line weren't going to be a thing when he was designed)

Frost has an association with winter, a time when plants and animals die back.

Loki in mythology fights against the other gods, helping to cause Ragnarok, the death of the world.

Valkyr is shortened from Valkyries who brought worthy warriors who fell in battle to Valhalla.

Nekros is a necromancer

Mesa's are characteristic of arid environments, especially deserts which are stereotypically though of as being, if not devoid of life, inhospitable places with many deadly perils.

Limbo is a part of hell.

So, given that Sakura blossom glyph and the association with death, alongside this thematic link through all the Acolyte frames. Admittedly, reading symbolism is a tricky thing, so this is hardly guaranteed.