Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

23 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm sorry, where did he say these EXACT words, I like proof on my chips, not salt and theories

Yes, that sounds weird, when I say that out loud...

Watch youtuber byf's channel, see the video it says paid promotion.. Go go.. Check it out

So i theorized that sacrifice would not release before the 2nd week of june

19 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

If I follow your theory, then I think DE may release The Sacrifice on the same week Byf upload his War Within video; which is next week. With that, Byf himself can play it and make The Sacrifice video the week after(presumably).

DE might DElay it for 1 more week maybe, just an assumption 

Alright there's one thing I'd like the Umbra Excal to have, and that is the old way how the Slash Dash was.I liked back then doing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuQiUgDwC4

And having - while I know lot like the Exalted blade Excalibur has - I kinda want it to be replaced with something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR2moto7Yyw

Edited by TheFranss

6 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Dude the prime trailers, silver grove quest explicitly stated that warframes were built not made through some tenno sacrifice.

Everything I sad there goes within what was given from warframe lore, you can try and push it aside as speculative but all evidence points to warframe being built. What evidence suggest that warframes are created through a "tenno sacrifice"

It's quite coincidental that a magically created warframe just happens to be 

1. A surrogate body for transference using a somatic link

2. Made with infested mats as a core element

3. Just happens to appear during the war with the sentient and after transference was made

4. Doesn't have void abilities but channels tenno void energy into something else. 

The creature in the Rhino Codex IS rhino or at least an earlier version of what they were creating. Speculative it might be but it's thoroughly supported by

"Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes."

The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore. "

Sounds eerily similar to Iron skin and Rhino Charge which... oh look, are the abilities of a warframe we have now. 

We know the Orokin CREATED them and we know they weaponized transference and warframes were created to utilize it,

If I look into the actual events.... she built Titania, tried to do transference with it, left the orokin, was chased down, titania came, and then sacrificed herself, and merging with Silvana(iirc this part)

But wait! you say she sacrificed herself but doesn't a sacrifice entail a new warframe?? Wait wait, isn't a warframe suppose to be created by tenno death? Silvana isn't a tenno? Where is the tenno death in this series of backstories  :suspicion:

Then there's the saryn prime trailer 

"Margulis, from your winter ashes, there has sprung a field of flowers. Conceived by me, germinated for deadly purpose."

"It came to me like a proverb: Fight poison with... poison. Cure this sick horde with the greatest of plagues.

I will call her... Saryn."

Completely entails that Ballas is the creator of the warframes. I mean come one, it always baffles me how people just completely ignore the evidence and try to pass their theory as a probable explanation to whatever they're theorizing for.

To be fair, I never said it was probable, only possible.  We shall see.  Somewhere there is an element of tragedy and surprise in the creation of Warframes that hasn’t been revealed yet.

Operators as revealed in The Second Dream with a “Sentient” (Symbiote??) mom who hid THE ENTIRE MOON IN THE VOID was the first big twist.  The Void being a Sentient Doppleganger-type Ghost was the big curve-ball in the Second Part of the Trilogy, so not only do we have “space magic” as you put it, but self-aware space magic where Science and Reason fail...<quote.

It is inconceivable to me that DE isn’t going beyond the very safe premise, based on the information we have, that Ballas is the Tennoverse Version of Henry Ford who holed up in Detroit, created a production line, drew up some BPs based on a game mechanic and started manufacturing Warframes like they are Model-T Fords.

No, there is a huge twist coming.  It might not be my “What if”, but it’s coming.

People scoffed when I speculated that Warframe exoskeletons might be Sentient-based.

Then Hunhow’s “from our bones” quote hits.

Then Terry hits and I post a side-by-side pic of Volt/Volt Prime next to Terry and tell people to compare Terry’s armor points on shoulders and knees to Volt’s.

And now we have a Devstream revealing “Vlad-the-Revenant” as the “Infestient”/Sentient Frame.

You see where this is going?

• Like 1

Anyone ever think the name Sacrifice isn't literal?

It could be oh...I dunno. Figurative.

This far DE confirmed that this quest will wrap up the Operator introduction arch.

The next arch has been hinted to focus on Warframes but that's all based off minor comments on dev streams. We have no clue what the next cinematic arch will be.

As for Tenno needing to die to create warframes...not a chance.

Game lore has bare minimum confirmed that Warframes are golems/infested golems. Built from the ground up to be tools of war. Relying on being mentally hijacked by Tenno.

Deep stuff though.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheFranss said:

Alright there's one thing I'd like the Umbra Excal to have, and that is the old way how the Slash Dash was.I liked back then doing stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NuQiUgDwC4

And having - while I know lot like the Exalted blade Excalibur has - I kinda want it to be replaced with something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR2moto7Yyw

Well...excal umbra is not really excal, hell we dont know what his abilities will be in the first place.

I would like to take this time to just say how excited I am that Max Howarth will be attending TennoCon. I’m so glad he’s working with Warframe. There’s no other project that could give him the utmost enjoyability than Warframe, and it’s awesome that he’s having fun voicing Ballas. 

I imagine people are going to try to make him say some lines for them during the pannel xD

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

5 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Anyone ever think the name Sacrifice isn't literal?

It could be oh...I dunno. Figurative.

This far DE confirmed that this quest will wrap up the Operator introduction arch.

The next arch has been hinted to focus on Warframes but that's all based off minor comments on dev streams. We have no clue what the next cinematic arch will be.

As for Tenno needing to die to create warframes...not a chance.

Game lore has bare minimum confirmed that Warframes are golems/infested golems. Built from the ground up to be tools of war. Relying on being mentally hijacked by Tenno.

Deep stuff though.

Just to clarify, I was throwing out the possibility that the very first Warframe of it’s kind may have required a Tenno Self-Sacrifice.

It’s possible there are Tenno masters who through sheer force of will and Void mastery are able to mold some sort of Warframe Template to match their powers and personality without any sacrifice whatsoever to create a new Warframe.

Maybe that’s where Umbra comes in.

The Reason I mention the sacrifice is that we have mounting evidence for death/sacrifice in some fashion BEYOND Margulis starting with the “labored breathing” link posted a week ago.

Again, Tenno literally shaping a Warframe to match their powers and personality, sacrifice or not, is such a better angle than “Model T Fords”.  Just ask Rell, yes?

Consider that Ballas knows there is a heinous sacrifice required by a willing participant  to make the very first Warframe of it’s kind, and uses his “deal-with-the-devil” charisma to make it happen.

Once created, THEN Orokin Military scientists reverse engineer and mass produce it.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I want the bed in Helminth's room to finally make sense. Yeah, yeah, I know it used to be an infirmary, but DE wouldn't have put so much focus on the thing with the spotlighting and how the infestation spread to it if they had no plans for it.

Put the Tenno in statis and let the vital pentatonic siphon off its Void energy for Hemlinth to use? Why would the Tenno even agree to go back into stasis? Because the War Within awoke something in us - something Margulis made us forget about, something we couldn't control and made us hurt her. Teshin was forced to undo what Margulis did and make us suffer.

Spoiler

HeyKiddo

12 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I want the bed in Helminth's room to finally make sense. Yeah, yeah, I know it used to be an infirmary, but DE wouldn't have put so much focus on the thing with the spotlighting and how the infestation spread to it if they had no plans for it.

Put the Tenno in statis and let the vital pentatonic siphon off its Void energy for Hemlinth to use? Why would the Tenno even agree to go back into stasis? Because the War Within awoke something in us - something Margulis made us forget about, something we couldn't control and made us hurt her. Teshin was forced to undo what Margulis did and make us suffer.

Hide contents

HeyKiddo

Funny, but yeah, the Margulis Protocols I always saw as Windows SAFE mode.  

Once off, we had loads more processing power and susceptibility to Viruses and Malware 🤭

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The distinct flaw in your reasoning is that the Tenno are immune to infestation, and we know the Warframes are infested-based.

You’ll have to elaborate.  They are immune to the standard strain’s hive mind and can control/manipulate Helminth-Strains like Nidus through Void energy projection.

The next step in reality bending power is to mold those deadly resources into your own personal expression of power and personality, sacrifice or no.  An original.

YoU BETTER be immune.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You’ll have to elaborate.  They are immune to the standard strain’s hive mind and can control/manipulate Helminth-Strains like Nidus through Void energy projection.

The next step in reality bending power is to mold those deadly resources into your own personal expression of power and personality, sacrifice or no.  An original.

YoU BETTER be immune.

There is nothing to elaborate really. They are immune to infestation, plain and simple. Controling Helminth strain is rather irrelevant because it isn't required, Tenno can control machines of the Orokin just fine, no signs of infestation within those at all. All frames have Helminth-strain infestation within them, hence why the Warframes are unable to be infested by the typical fare infestation, and explaining the Infested boss's dialogs, but are all able to be afflicted by Helminth's Cyst. We also have lost the knowledge required to fabricate our own Warframes, with Nova being the sole exception of us fabricating our own non-prime mass production model based off of incomplete Prime blueprints. We utilize blueprints that are mass-production models designed by the Orokin's Archimedians, and those are based off of Orokin tech. For Primes we use Orokin-designed blueprints. These prints are more than just a plan of how-to-build, they contain huge amounts of information, even memories. We simply don't know how to replicate that anymore.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

No, the basic lore throughout the warframe universe already explains how warframes are created. Meaning they are manufactured by the orokin the same way we manufacture new warframes. Differences are we don't have to think of new designs for warframes.

Thing about lore... it is a story.  An creators can change the story. 

Just because you "think" you know how Warframes are made... it does not mean that its the only way.

The devs can very well add a new storyline about a Lone Tenno that "Sacrificed" themselves to keep their frame "alive".

Wait... does that not sound like the Harrow story? yes.. yes it does. A Tenno that bound themselves to a Frame.

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Lastly, limbo and sins forgiven. Ballas seems to be trying to atone for, or more likely circumvent the consequences of, his sins.

Anybody have thoughts on what this could mean?

I wasn't explicit on this last time, but I'm suggesting that seeking meaning in everything will make you draw conclusions that aren't there.  Especially with a "Ballas in Limbo" idea, where the theological location of Limbo (the idea itself is contentious in a number of ways) contains/ed the souls of people who had only innate sin, such as a miscarriage, infant, or a generally good guy who died without being baptized.  Fairly certain we can't include Ballas in that group based what we know he was involved in, much less what we suspect he was up to. 

The actual reference to "Limbo" in Limbo is simple.  The location Limbo was said to be "on the edge of Hell".  In Warframe the Void is "Hellspace", and Limbo's Rift plane is on the edge of the Void.  Ergo, Limbo.  In general, its easy to draw death symbolism from warframes because they're killing machines.  Its not like we have ones that unleash a horde of fluffy kittens or puppies to pacify our enemies and just get along. 

But back to Ballas, we assume that he feels guilt over one or more of the events that happened.  There's the chance that he's just too old to feel remorse over "lesser beings" (if this is it without any significant caveats, I will be greatly disappointed).  There's also a possibility that he knew the empire would eventually fall, and tired to save it; he may even still be trying to save humanity in a way. 

We know he wanted to make the drones that eventually led to the Sentient, and that the Sentient led to the Infestation and then warframes.  Getting to another star might have been initially reason enough, but if he knew about some kind of catastrophic event that absolutely would happen if the Orokin kept Kuva-ing themselves around (complete loss of humanity, becoming slaves to "kiddo", manifesting "kiddo", maybe even a moral breaking point) he might have tried to shove someone inside a Sentient as an upgrade to a human body (and caused the Old War. . . oops).  And with the idea of a warframe that has a will of its own, he might have kept researching, and found a way to give a person a long lasting, durable body to one end or another. 

3 hours ago, Krhymez said:

Thing about lore... it is a story.  An creators can change the story. 

Just because you "think" you know how Warframes are made... it does not mean that its the only way.

The devs can very well add a new storyline about a Lone Tenno that "Sacrificed" themselves to keep their frame "alive".

Wait... does that not sound like the Harrow story? yes.. yes it does. A Tenno that bound themselves to a Frame.

I don't "think" I know how warframes are made. It's been repeated multiple times that frames were built, from titania's quest lore, Prime trailers, Rhino Prime Codex and other tidbits from the weaponization of transference after the death of Margulis. I'm reiterating it back to people that think up theories that completely denies the evidence that has already been shown.

Rell didn't "sacrifice" himself to keep Harrow alive. Harrow was irrelevant to the quest. He sacrificed himself to keep the man in the wall at bay. He didn't have access to cryosleep technology so his soul was bound to harrow to preserve his life or soul to be exact. Until we came along and released his soul but also releasing the man on the wall. 

That whole quest line had nothing to do with warframes but more on the origins of what the void entity (man in the wall) is. So try again.