Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 hour ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

A close?

Sooooooon.

Probably. Eventually. Still no date...

Not saying that they (and you) will have to wait a bit longer than us from PC since PS4 and xbox etc.

I hope not as long tho.

I believe it's very very close, they want to release it before tennocon, and releasing it on pc means that they still have ps4 and xbox, and this means that they need time to release for you guys too.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

4 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Not saying that they (and you) will have to wait a bit longer than us from PC since PS4 and xbox etc.

I hope not as long tho.

I believe it's very very close, they want to release it before tennocon, and releasing it on pc means that they still have ps4 and xbox, and this means that they need time to release for you guys too.

I mean yeah it is expected that consoles will have to wait a bit(unless DE pulls a miracle)

Dont even care about the release lag. I'll still get to see it from the warframe partners, and finally know what the bloody hell we waited so long for.

Will it be worth the wait? At this point, no. The Sacrifice could he code for Half Life 3 and it still wouldn't be worth the wait. I'm just hoping it'll at least be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

It's not like we couldn't just farm another set...

Hell, I'd farm and build another set just so I wouldn't have to forma a replacement.

That’s the point from a business perspective.  It reinvigorates the market with existing items.

Vaulted packs and Prime Parts instantly go up in trade and perceived purchase value if a Prime is required to build an Umbra.

DE gives us Excal Umbra as “The Sacrifice” reward due to Excal Prime Founder Exclusivity.

Warframe gets another long-term bump with an additional revenue stream and fans get to enjoy at least 2-3 more Tennocons after 2018. 😊

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

That’s the point from a business perspective.  It reinvigorates the market with existing items.

I don't see DE even considering that. We already have enough support load created by players selling normal quest warframe parts and realizing that they can't get them back. The mess cause by people having vaulted prime Warframes removed would be much worse, especially those who bought a prime access pack. Regardless how obvious the trade was I can't see DE deliberately creating a mechanism to consume notable parts of a PA pack.

And it really doesn't revitalize much of anything, because it's a one-off.

Just too much bad-game-design-smell.

I stand by my assertion that we-the-players will not have to "sacrifice" anything and the quest title will be more of a story-element reference not an exchange mechanic.

DE Steve said it quite plainly to me "A darker alternative to a Prime" which says it all to me, where you might have used a Prime, and equivalent Umbra would be virtual slot-in-replacement.

I expect the quest to be fancy and amazing and finally answer question about the nature of Warframes, I expect nothing other than a scarf out of Excalibur Umbra...

That said I do wonder what Chinaframe will get as a reward for this quest when they get it. I doubt they would double up with the Excalibur Umbra that is virtually identical to their founders Excalibur Umbra Prime

Edited by SilentMobius

2 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Dont even care about the release lag. I'll still get to see it from the warframe partners, and finally know what the bloody hell we waited so long for.

Will it be worth the wait? At this point, no. The Sacrifice could he code for Half Life 3 and it still wouldn't be worth the wait. I'm just hoping it'll at least be good.

I'm just hoping they don't continue the stupid protagonist trope, along with the Operators being overly sensitive and really obvious about their adolescence. The War Within as described by Geoff was the Operator's growth and maturation, so hopefully they'll make that visible in the Sacrifice.

I don't want what happened to Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super to happen to the Operator as a character, basically ignoring how far he developed by the end of Dragon Ball Z and making it look like nothing at all changed.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Second dream- we are born children
War within- we learn to use our powers
Sacrifice- we learn to let go

Seems like stages of parenting? I'm guessing we somehow become independent, but I'd love to see Hunhow crash a wedding too!

This makes sense.  

I’ve speculated on a man-vs-self scenario for a while...

But is it Stalker (Warframe side) or TMITW (evil operator twin) or both?

I’ve always speculated  that Stalker is our Subconscious pain (ID) as immortal child-soldiers.

He is weaponized negative emotion (Hate, Dread, Despair), a Second “Nightmare” given life through a Warframe.  YOU are the low Guardian subconsciously watching the ceremonial massacre from afar.

He is immune to your powers because he IS you....and can always find you.  Stalker kills Frames because they are the cause of your endless, painful existence.

Stalker hesitated to kill you in the Second Dream because, well, killing yourself won’t do...

As for the MITW...is your Tenno body the doorway to our Universe for him and usurping your mind the key?  I think the 

Or is there an End-around?  Could your evil Doppleganger find form in Excaliber Umbra?

Time will tell...

22 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I don't see DE even considering that. We already have enough support load created by players selling normal quest warframe parts and realizing that they can't get them back. The mess cause by people having vaulted prime Warframes removed would be much worse, especially those who bought a prime access pack. Regardless how obvious the trade was I can't see DE deliberately creating a mechanism to consume notable parts of a PA pack.

And it really doesn't revitalize much of anything, because it's a one-off.

Just too much bad-game-design-smell.

I stand by my assertion that we-the-players will not have to "sacrifice" anything and the quest title will be more of a story-element reference not an exchange mechanic.

DE Steve said it quite plainly to me "A darker alternative to a Prime" which says it all to me, where you might have used a Prime, and equivalent Umbra would be virtual slot-in-replacement.

I expect the quest to be fancy and amazing and finally answer question about the nature of Warframes, I expect nothing other than a scarf out of Excalibur Umbra...

That said I do wonder what Chinaframe will get as a reward for this quest when they get it. I doubt they would double up with the Excalibur Umbra that is virtually identical to their founders Excalibur Umbra Prime

One-off?  Only in the sense that every Frame built in the game is s one-off if you want to saddle yourself with such a heavy, throw-away term to try to make a point.

With Umbra, Primes become a “two-off”, to reference your wording, with code that already exists as blueprints in the game.

That’s a Dual revenue stream from the same resources.  THAT is smart game design.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

One-off?  Only in the sense that every Frame built in the game is s one-off if you want to saddle yourself with such a heavy, throw-away term to try to make a point.

With Umbra, Primes become a “two-off”, to reference your wording, with code that already exists as blueprints in the game.

"One off" in that, for each new Umbra frame only a single prime is consumed per player. It's not a systemic sink for parts (Like a well-stocked Baro is) It consumes a limited set per expenditure of art effort.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

That’s a Dual revenue stream from the same resources.  THAT is smart game design.

It isn't any revenue stream, consuming a set of prime parts is identical to new prime minus prime access. (We have no idea if there will be any paid access to Umbras after Excalibur Umbra)

I don't see it happening and I don't think your assertions are thought through.

35 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

"One off" in that, for each new Umbra frame only a single prime is consumed per player. It's not a systemic sink for parts (Like a well-stocked Baro is) It consumes a limited set per expenditure of art effort.

It isn't any revenue stream, consuming a set of prime parts is identical to new prime minus prime access. (We have no idea if there will be any paid access to Umbras after Excalibur Umbra)

I don't see it happening and I don't think your assertions are thought through.

If you release an Umbra on a regular, timed basis using existing Prime parts to build and an Umbra conversion BP, yes it is. Demand will go up.

DE could release Umbra variants in-game in conjunction with corresponding Unvaulted Packs.

Umbra, I speculate, will likely be sold like a Deluxe Pack (Plat sink) with exclusive armor, cosmetics or weapon skins that can only be purchased as part of the pack.

You’ll probably be able to buy standalone  Umbras like a non-Prime as well for Plat.

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

I'm just hoping they don't continue the stupid protagonist trope, along with the Operators being overly sensitive and really obvious about their adolescence. The War Within as described by Geoff was the Operator's growth and maturation, so hopefully they'll make that visible in the Sacrifice.

I don't want what happened to Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super to happen to the Operator as a character, basically ignoring how far he developed at the end of Dragon Ball Z and making it look like nothing at all changed.

Since the release of Operator I never liked anything related with them, I felt it was not part of warframe. It will be a good thing if they do change that. The only thing I liked about operators is that now they have armors and later they will have weapons. I hope they do get mature enough so I can relate and play with them.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If you release an Umbra on a regular, timed basis using existing Prime parts to build and an Umbra conversion BP, yes it is. Demand will go up.

I'm sorry it won't.

Remember demand (as far as DE is concerned) is per unit art effort because that is their primary cost.

So a normal Prime is 1 unit art effort per PA or player farming for 1 set of prime parts

Your Umbra is 1 unit art effort per player farming 1 set of prime parts (Or other completely speculative purchase package)

In this case the demand is identical to a new prime, that is, each player is looking for 1 set of prime parts given the expenditure of 1 unit of art effort.

No increase in demand.

Edited by SilentMobius

16 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Since the release of Operator I never liked anything related with them, I felt it was not part of warframe. It will be a good thing if they do change that. The only thing I liked about operators is that now they have armors and later they will have weapons. I hope they do get mature enough so I can relate and play with them.

I want to make an Operator as cool as Sephiroth. 😎

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

DE could release Umbra variants in-game in conjunction with corresponding Unvaulted Packs.

Umbra, I speculate, will likely be sold like a Deluxe Pack (Plat sink) with exclusive armor, cosmetics or weapon skins that can only be purchased as part of the pack.

You’ll probably be able to buy standalone  Umbras like a non-Prime as well for Plat.

This is, frankly, an absurd thing to assume will be done. It will be directly seen as a cash grab and be considered a terrible idea by the majority of the playerbase. DE is a little more intelligent about how they plan out their crafting requirements than this. DE is not going to lock people's ability to build a Warframe behind a grind wall that only opens once every 6 months to a year, and only for a week to a month of time at that. They would be literally shooting their own ass at that point.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

This is, frankly, an absurd thing to assume will be done. It will be directly seen as a cash grab and be considered a terrible idea by the majority of the playerbase. DE is a little more intelligent about how they plan out their crafting requirements than this. DE is not going to lock people's ability to build a Warframe behind a grind wall that only opens once every 6 months to a year, and only for a week to a month of time at that. They would be literally shooting their own ass at that point.

If you have the choice to timesink Farm it or bypass it with a purchase, it is literally no different than any other item in the game barring Prime Accessories.

If you are referring to Unvaulted packs, so long as an initial Umbra release parallels available Unvaulted packs and their relics, there is no problem.

Hyperbole.  This is not a War/Broken War scenario.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If you have the choice to timesink Farm it or bypass it with a purchase, it is literally no different than any other item in the game barring Prime Accessories.

If you are referring to Unvaulted packs, so long as an initial Umbra release parallels available Unvaulted packs and their relics, there is no problem.

Hyperbole.  This is not a War/Broken War scenario.

This is entirely different however, its a new item that would be restricted to a one-month window for grinding, compared to new primes that have nearly a year/ two years before they get vaulted. This also requires a larger cost than anything we have seen so far, the removal of a full Warframe and all of the work you put into it. No, this is not hyperbole. This is very much a distinct problem. Any new player looking at this would see it as a cash grab by DE to entice newer players hard to buy the unvaulting packs.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

operator supersayian mode when ...

tenor.gif

Technically Warframes are their "supersayian" mode I don't like Dragon Ball btw.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

If there was only one thing I’d bag on about Operators, it would be their height. I want my boy to be 6’2” like myself. If they’re teens, they’ve gotta have the height man. They are little elves right now!!

Did you mean dwarfs? elves are as tall as humans. But I agree with you there.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-