Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

12 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

If there was only one thing I’d bag on about Operators, it would be their height. I want my boy to be 6’2” like myself. If they’re teens, they’ve gotta have the height man. They are little elves right now!!

I'm curious, if you call the Operators "Little elves"... what are the Ostrons? Since they are smaller than them.

10 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Technically Warframes are their "supersayian" mode I don't like Dragon Ball btw.

Did you mean dwarfs? elves are as tall as humans. But I agree with you there.

but operators if done right are as powerful as a frame, and have infinite energy to use their powers unlike a frame, with a set of correct arcanes/amp and a good focus setup they can be pretty nasty, especially since you can keep spawning them after they get ko and be full of hp again 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

but operators if done right are as powerful as a frame, and have infinite energy to use their powers unlike a frame, with a set of correct arcanes/amp and a good focus setup they can be pretty nasty, especially since you can keep spawning them after they get ko and be full of hp again 

Or dont get at all. I found that, while the Magus Husk+Vigor is great to keep yourself for a while in combat, Husk+Replenish is great if you are being very offensive and doesnt want to get kicked back to the Warframe.

Also: Madurai needs a buff. Unairu and Zenurik are much better against enemies than the offensive school itself. Strip Armor, immediate boost to Amp / All powers do damage and AoE attacks respectively.

7 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I shouldn't have to be forced to go over that entire thing again just to get my desired outcome if there is an eventual branch with locked content. That is a really, really unappealing idea.

One might even call it a "grind"?  

This is Warframe, after all...

I think the "Sacrifice" the title of the quest refers to is more of an overall theme rather than any one moment.  I think people weigh too heavily on simple words, as if they don't have broader meanings.  The sentient pelt of Chroma, for example, could just be referring to it being alive, or "sentient", not necessarily of the race of robo-beings that we know in lore.  People really are too literal these days.

That being said, I think the Sacrifice will be Lotus leaving to allow Margulis back, simply to sate ol' glowy-eyes' romantic interests, likely because he's too strong for us to fight.  She will do this, as Margulis did, to save us.  

As point out, we've grown over these 3 quests.  We went from brats who were dreaming delusions of being gods, to waking up and finding out that we're vulnerable, scared, and that growing up is terrifying...but we always had our surrogate mother-figure, Lotus, to stroke our heads and keep us safe.  She literally tucked us back in at the end of Second Dream.  

Now, DE has been easing us off of Lotus by using Ordis' imitation-Lotus, but that might be kinda the point, so it doesn't sting all at once.   

I mean look at our faces at the end of the Apostasy prologue.  We can't let go...but we'll have to.

Tenno have always held seemingly absolute power...and now we're powerless.  We need to come to terms with the fact that we don't always win what we want how we want to.  Sometimes, to move forward, one has to let go.  Sometimes the things that make us feel safe are the very shackles keeping us from growing stronger.

I think perhaps the Umbra is a sign that we could decide to go full angst and full-on Sith Lord at Ballas, maybe even choosing to work under him to stay close to Lotus.  Or, maybe we'll turn to the Umbra as a way to fight Ballas back, turning from our hope and honor, and instead choosing raw, unbridled, primitive hatred to strike him down.

Perhaps Lotus will see how enslaved we are by the notion of fighting for her.  She'll realize that HER using us to fight HER war is no better than Ballas' usage of the frames, and she'll understand that it's time we moved on and chose our OWN path.  It's time for the kids to move out of mother's basement, essentially.

She had trouble letting go, too.  I mean, she literally kept us, her "children", INSIDE her WOMB [in the Sky], refusing to expose us to the dangers of the Real World.  Now we both need to grow up and move forward.  Sacrifice.

Or we'll just need to burn an Excal for Umbra.  Could be that too.  😛 /s

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this very much!  

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

I feel like there is a clone bank hidden on our landingcraft that provides bodies used to convert to warframe 

Considering our fabricator can craft infested weapons, it is hardly a stretch to assume the thing cant create the golem that wears the suit when you finish constructing the frame.

4 minutes ago, MatthewGuyson said:

7th of June

Do you mean July? DE said TennoCon's roughly a month away, and Steve claimed that UI 3.0 would deploy mid June (15th or roughly thereabouts), meaning Sacrifice could be either this week coming or ones thereafter; dates to keep an eye on include: 4th to 9th; 12th to 17th.

26 minutes ago, furturgamesliker said:

thank you and with that is it coming out the 6th or 5th?

Well how are we suposed to know when it comes out ? we have as much info about it as you do

And I doubt that DE would post this update right before tennocon becouse: 

• People that go there would not be able to play it when sacrifice comes out
  •  There will be bugs and people would go crazy if there is no hotfixes ( considering that most of DE staff would be at tennocon )
Edited by suchamess

7 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Do you mean July? DE said TennoCon's roughly a month away, and Steve claimed that UI 3.0 would deploy mid June (15th or roughly thereabouts), meaning Sacrifice could be either this week coming or ones thereafter; dates to keep an eye on include: 4th to 9th; 12th to 17th.

the dates seems to be excited dates to be hype for

5 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

If there was only one thing I’d bag on about Operators, it would be their height. I want my boy to be 6’2” like myself. If they’re teens, they’ve gotta have the height man. They are little elves right now!!

They're clearly supposed to be young teens or tweens, since the gold standard for adult height in the game is are warframes. Making them just as tall as an adult would diminish the contrast and work against their portrayal as kids and everything you associate with that term. Them being frail and small is the damn point, and the only thing that separates them in any way from a bog standard kid being the ability to focus their afflicted mind to make themselves stronger. Take that(and their arcane clothing) away and they'd pass for any other space colony brat in the universe.

1 hour ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Steve claimed that UI 3.0 would deploy mid June (15th or roughly thereabouts), meaning Sacrifice could be either this week coming or ones thereafter; dates to keep an eye on include: 4th to 9th; 12th to 17th.

Steve said no big updates before Sacrifice, UI 3.0 is considered as big update but i don`t se it coming with Sacrifice `cos that would mean 2 x more bugs.

On 23 may there was review by team of whole pre-tennocon content. So we could say that if review was postivie on that day The Sacrifice entered Beta. Thats just one quest so i think 2 weeks for polishing from bugs is enougt. But still on Devstream 112 Steve used metaphor of "checking if door fits" which would mean the whole gameplay content and features The Sacrifice will introduce is still being ballanced.

But THe whole content could`ve been made way before even starting developement of quest itself. Probably thats why the release of Quest was pushed.