Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

as far as i understand this with some confusion about your previous reply with sacrifice and the term if it could fit and be operatored smoothly is what confuses me a bit but i believe they mean if it is ready to be putten out or if some polishing is neccessary  and pushing content out could be a bad idea which they know so i dunno if they should push out the sacrifice

6 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Forgive me, everyone. I should’ve used a more appropriate term to describe their height. Perhaps “Oompa Loompa” would’ve done the trick. 

Now that I think of it. Some people I know are 5'2. And they havê 40+ years.

And you said you are 6'2? 

The Stranger: Long way from home arent you?

Signn..!! Im waiting for The Sacrifice just like i used to before for other quests but this time it really make me feel tired..teasers everywhere 😩😖😖 I hope they will release it without telling us any words. 

On 2018-06-02 at 9:09 AM, Ktro said:

Watch youtuber byf's channel, see the video it says paid promotion.. Go go.. Check it out

So i theorized that sacrifice would not release before the 2nd week of june

Yet it's not "fact" so...

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

5 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Do you mean July? DE said TennoCon's roughly a month away, and Steve claimed that UI 3.0 would deploy mid June (15th or roughly thereabouts), meaning Sacrifice could be either this week coming or ones thereafter; dates to keep an eye on include: 4th to 9th; 12th to 17th.

5 hours ago, furturgamesliker said:

the dates seems to be excited dates to be hype for

Thats right, it is July, my bad

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Now that I think of it. Some people I know are 5'2. And they havê 40+ years.

And you said you are 6'2? 

The Stranger: Long way from home arent you?

Hes 1,90m (6,2) I'm 1,81~m (5,10) where I live 1,70m to 1,90m is pretty normal lol

I even feel short many of the times.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

19 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Also I had a dream, I was playing The sacrifice and it blew my mind.. kay.

It had new tileset.

A year before Gears of War 4 came out I had a dream where the player was running across a broken bridge, trying to hide from a storm. Little did I know this ended up being the first mission xD

I too have dreamed about the Sacrifice. I think when the human mind is desperately trying to find out so much about something that we hardly know, it is the immense power and creativity of the human mind to vividly develop multiple scenarios or events to fill in this missing void of knowledge. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Hes 1,90m (6,2) I'm 1,81~m (5,10) where I live 1,70m to 1,90m is pretty normal lol

I even feel short many of the times.

The average height here is 1,60m to 1,85m.

I am 1,74m.

Its not a joke when I say I only know a handful of people who are taller than 1,75m.

@(XB1)OTF SERENiTY is a freaking giant to me.

8 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Considering our fabricator can craft infested weapons, it is hardly a stretch to assume the thing cant create the golem that wears the suit when you finish constructing the frame.

Also would explain why the other factions were trying to get their hands on the foundry segment.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

I think when the human mind is desperately trying to find out so much about something that we hardly know, it is the immense power and creativity of the human mind to vividly develop multiple scenarios or events to fill in this missing void of knowledge. 

I can relate; I dreamed of numerous things I can list, though it wasn't out of hype and I had never seen anything related to what was mentioned in the list.

Spoiler

-Crysis 3, the labyrinth near the end of the campaign.
-A piece of a tileset? Apparently was a Grineer asteroid base corridor with railings and those circular pit/vent things as well as the elevated spots with crates.
-I can't say this one here. It's too explicit, and quite frankly was the first true case of lucid dreaming on my side.

As for the height of Tenno, they're probably around the size of the typical human who's an adult but just came out of stasis, causing them to look and sound a lot younger than they actually are. Add the 'forgetting things', and you've got a rather lost, highly powerful, individual. Hopefully DE works out a way to alter the scale/proportion of each Tenno within reason.

Then regarding Excalibur Umbra's acquisition, I have hopes that he will come complete like all previous cinematic quest rewards, and Ballas' sword may be obtained halfway through the questline and be unsellable/required for something (though I can be wrong and Ballas' sword is a grinding situation not unlike Teshin's Orvius).

To prepare for the worst scenario, I'll be going to fetch Excalibur parts and build them.

5 hours ago, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

Steve said no big updates before Sacrifice, UI 3.0 is considered as big update but i don`t se it coming with Sacrifice `cos that would mean 2 x more bugs.

According to twitter it comes with the sacrifice, but it would be a partial ui update, they are rolling the update to the ui out over time,  releasing what is done now vs waiting till it is fully complete. This helps by allowing feedback before they put in all the work.

1 hour ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I think you need to take a break from gaming.

m8 I make games I'm more coding and modeling and photoshoping than playing, it's cuz besides documentation pages and music videos, this Mega is the only thing open 24h that i'm always accessing lol.

It's more because the closer it gets the anxiety kicks in so I start dreaming about stuff maybe to prepare myself.

1 hour ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

A year before Gears of War 4 came out I had a dream where the player was running across a broken bridge, trying to hide from a storm. Little did I know this ended up being the first mission xD

I too have dreamed about the Sacrifice. I think when the human mind is desperately trying to find out so much about something that we hardly know, it is the immense power and creativity of the human mind to vividly develop multiple scenarios or events to fill in this missing void of knowledge. 

I usually don't dream about games, but I do have crazy adventures when dreaming. I once asked to visit valhalla as living, and on the same day I visited it in my dreams (pretty golden and wooden details they got there). After that dream I got a chain of norse dreams almost everyday until one norse dream where Odin and Thor where fighting the Snake and Jesus Christ appeared to talk to me, after that it stopped. This has nothing to do with GoW4, but perhaps Vikings series I was watching while drinking mead together with my Mjölnir necklace.

And some space ship dreams too. But games? those are very rare somehow.

Edited by -Ringed-Umbra-

So, I’m new to the forums and couldn’t find a thread, if anyone is able to move this over that would be much appreciated . .

FOR ANYONE NOT UP TO DATE WITH THE STORY, I.E. HAVEN’T DONE THE CHAINS OF HARROW QUEST OR THE WAR WITHIN ETC. LEAVE NOW!!

For anyone with dyslexia who can’t read caps I said spoiler alert for the upcoming story . . 

Although i’ve seen the majority of the first part of my theory posted, there is something about the tenno ageing i haven’t heard/seen mentioned anywhere.

So, my theories on the possessed tenno (you know, the creepy guys with red eyes who surprise you out of nowhere fml) . . 

. . .

Anyways, my theory on those dudes that make me not want to play the game with headphones on ever again is that those random occurences of the possessed tenno in your orbiter are infact void demons that are inside you (part of where you draw your void energy from) which is likely what Rell’s ‘man in the wall was’. (Or I guess it could be just one big powerful entity  like, idk, void satan).

Either way, I think the void demon/s could potentially inspire evil and prey on weaknesses and desires. e.g. the adults on the zariman panicked and scared were killing others and driven mad. Perhaps the tenno moral compass will link into this and would make sense why you hear the void demon early if you make a ‘selfish’ decision and drink the potion of plentiful healin. . I mean kuva essence control thingy.

‘But why is it affecting the tenno only after chains of harrow?’ You may perceptively ask. . 

Because your tenno is now an adult. 

After that apostacy prologue your tenno ages from a child into a young adult (there is a visual change) and the adults of the zariman ship were driven mad by the void. 

I was wondering if it was just me or did my tenno grow uglier until someone finally told me about this change . . 

Maybe next update they will look like Konzu. 

I also have a theory on what we have to sacrifice, let me start by saying a couple of things.

Ballas and the original Lotus (Marghulis) were in love, but as Marghulis denounced the Orokin, The Orokin executed her.

The Lotus now (Natah) is not the original lotus, although she looks and sounds like her. Not to mention she would remember that relationship in part from some of the the dreams and memories that she absorbed.

I think that one of the reasons for Marghulis staying hidden from the tenno as well as everyone else (or at least why you rarely come into contact with her physically) is due to ‘the flaw’ where Sentients are susceptible to void energy.

She also has to constantly oversee all the tenno.

This must make her extremely lonely, She abandoned her sentient family for the tenno.

The Lotus (Natah) has some memories of Marghulis and Ballas.

Ballas’ power of persuasion as an Orokin high council member (like was used on Ordan Karris) is very strong. 

Along with these factors and Ballas’ stunningly good looks, the Lotus decided to go along with Ballas for a bit. Idk, maybe she likes Netflix and chill. (With audio description of course.)

It could be the case that he just misses Marghulis and Natah is similar enough to be his type. 

However my theory is that Ballas has found a way to revive Marghulis by sacrificing Natah (the current lotus), which also explains where he’s been all this time.

This would be the sacrifice choice (or one of them) we have to make. This would explain the heartbeat in the trailer, and lua being closely linked to Natah and also where Ballas met Natah (ikr?? And at first i thought The Lotus and Ballas were at Maroo’s Bazaar).

Maybe he was waiting for the tenno to mature so he could harness it or maybe it’s taken him this long to figure out a way.

I guess the void demons could be provoked by Ballas and his long pokey fingers or something and he’d use them somehow, we know that time acts weirdly where the void is concerned, so potentially he could use that to revive Marghulis? Idk. . 

Or maybe you just have to choose whether to tap into that energy to help save The Lotus or it will link in somehow in some other way. .

As to the returning enemy that DE confirmed will be the case?? 

Either Vor (who you may vaguely remember from appearing ALL THE TIME) as he is possessed by the void which would give him a nice link to the void demon/s.

OR

The sentient Hunhow, who you could even potentially work with to save space mum as after all she is still his daughter (kinda) even if he couldn’t win her over before. Or maybe he wants to turn her against the tenno idrk.

The Stalker would be an interesting addition and he is very popular and mysterious.

Perhaps he will majestically slay the void demon in a fit of rage because he feels replaced.  Whispering in your tennos ear then popping up out of nowhere is his job after all. 

Jokes aside according to this theory Stalker is a bit of a slave to his void demon as he is consumed by rage, it is very apparent he doesn’t have a clear mind at times. He perhaps didn’t start off like this but as he gets older (he likely wasn’t  asked to go to sleep if he is tenno as he wanted revenge), he has grown older and more senile, just like Konzu.

A weakness I’m aware of in this theory of void demons and what not is That the technocyte link (the warframes will/consciousness that is independant of the tenno) does not play a major part, instead, the ‘umbra’ frame would be harnessing (or giving into) the void demon.

We know that stalker has modified versions of other warframes abilities so the new vamp warframe we’re getting if he’s umbraish is no surprise. 

I kinda hope my theory isn’t true as killing your tenno for umbra would be a much more difficult choice, i’m not yet sure if you can replay the quest.

Plus, we could have a warframe/tenno civil war, as civil wars are the in thing atm, Captain America. . Batman v Superman. . Saryn fans. . Etc. 

Either way we’ve had some major sacrifices already such the 1 forma per room cost on building any room in the dojo and 10 cetus wisp per amp part, so what could be worse, right?

Anyways, feel free to shoot this theory down or modify it ad lib. I’d be interested to hear some other people’s takes on it tbh,

hope you haven’t dropped dead with the length of this. . 

Crescent

Edited by (XB1)CrescentWolf6
Jks

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yet it's not "fact" so...

Its common sense that if de is doing a paid promotion of lore usinh byf to get lore enthusiasts upto date with warframe's lore they wont release it before he does War Within. Only time will prove i am right my friend.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)CrescentWolf6 said:

After that apostacy prologue your tenno ages from a child into a young adult (there is a visual change) and the adults of the zariman ship were driven mad by the void. 

I was wondering if it was just me or did my tenno grow uglier until someone finally told me about this change . . 

Can anyone verify this? I know there was a few updates to their detail, but I dont recall it being tied to a quest...

9 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Can anyone verify this? I know there was a few updates to their detail, but I dont recall it being tied to a quest...

no the Apostasy Prologue does not change the appearance of your Tenno.

the mentioned visual changes are just the result of DE improving the appearance of Operators in order to not make them look like they hit a brickwall face first

55 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

You know, watch Sacrifice drop Tuesday.

Just because Vampyr comes out that day. And I preordered it.

I'm hoping for a release early this coming week, with all the Redtext saying "no Sacrifice this week!" and DE refusing to drop any hints besides pictures. I feel like they're just red herrings/diversions to make people think it'll be mid/late June or just before Tennocon, then they'll drop it earlier and blow people's minds.

One can hope. I waited almost two years, I can wait a few more weeks if need be, although I won't be happy about it.

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

no the Apostasy Prologue does not change the appearance of your Tenno.

the mentioned visual changes are just the result of DE improving the appearance of Operators in order to not make them look like they hit a brickwall face first

This is so true it hurts...