Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

45 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Anything longer is already another game, it's not worth doing quests that goes longer than 1 with max of 3h long if it's free game, they are not giving it as paid DLC, anything longer is too much of a risk not because "it will be boring" but because if they fail to deliver it, it will be too much time wasted and money as well (that's the reason big game studios don't like to fail, and when they do they are likely to close their doors)

Not necessarily, 1 hour increase of the quest playtime isn't a big investment.

And judging by DE's design philosophy in the last 5 years, "if it fails" isn't the kind of thought process that they take into account to the point where they would scrap content in order to avoid. Parkour 2.0 is something that comes to mind, it if failed i reckon it would've killed Warframe but its just a leap that they took. The upcoming Melee rework is one of those leaps.

From the last interview they've already established that they like taking risks, it just depends on whether the risk being taken is a creative risk or a risk made out of laziness. The quest can be made longer but it depends on if its longer because the plot and the writing allows it to be long or if its a Glast Gambit situation where they will have you replay the same mission over and over again.

18 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Not necessarily, 1 hour increase of the quest playtime isn't a big investment.

And judging by DE's design philosophy in the last 5 years, "if it fails" isn't the kind of thought process that they take into account to the point where they would scrap content in order to avoid. Parkour 2.0 is something that comes to mind, it if failed i reckon it would've killed Warframe but its just a leap that they took. The upcoming Melee rework is one of those leaps.

From the last interview they've already established that they like taking risks, it just depends on whether the risk being taken is a creative risk or a risk made out of laziness. The quest can be made longer but it depends on if its longer because the plot and the writing allows it to be long or if its a Glast Gambit situation where they will have you replay the same mission over and over again.

Yeah. I think that if they need more time to tell their story, then they'll extend the gameplay. I expect the length of the quest to meet the needs of the story.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Given how rarely we speak in quests, even some of the bigger ones like Chains of Harrow, our Tenno's character is pretty much reserved for Cinematics. It'd be like killing off the Ghost in Destiny, or Navi in Ocarina of Time. They're our voices, as is the Lotus.

There's also Dead Space trilogy, where the main protagonist doesn't say a word in the first game but talks all the time in 2nd and 3rd. So it's possible I guess.

I'd really like much more to have our Operators talk in quests instead of Lotus. The only difference for DE staff is that dialogue lines will be recorded 4 times by different actors. And all these quests will be locked behind cinematic trilogy for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

The second is that... well, Hidden Messages, Lotus's character quest isn't a requirement. Sure, we can do it whilst she's off with Ballas, but even so, there's only so far one can bend the lore. I don't imagine Ordis would keep on mimicking her if she died or was lost to us forever. It'd just be in poor taste. So having Lotordis show up for Hidden Messages, a major character moment when she's dead, functionally or literally? Yeah, that's not gonna fly. Same goes for the other quests.

And this can be easily "fixed" by making this quest a hard requirement at the earlier stages of the game. In worst scenario, DE could just leave it as is and forget about it. Like they did with Alad's story. Every new player thinks that Alad's story ends with him being infested because TSD, where he is already cured, is played before Patient Zero, and the curing part was a time-limited event.

Not sure if this is posted before, but here are some wall painting that is interesting.

They can be found before you enter the cave where Teshin locks you up during The War Within

Man with a long arm(?)

Spoiler

wgltoqq.jpg

4 Giant man:

Spoiler

JtccJnH.jpg

6 minutes ago, Magneu said:

Ladies and gentlemen, tomorrow is the last chance for this week release.

Odds are less than like 1%, but fingers crossed.

Well, maybe they will not release it tomorrow but they may give us some info about the quest ?. In addition, the hype site for The Sacrifice this time is quite too simple and didnt have much information (compared to The Second Dream and The WW)

Just finished TSD (yet another time), noticed something weird. When you first get to the Reservoir, there's a swell of sound/music, which turns into what sounds like screams/screeches/howls. Anybody think there's significance to Umbra/Man in the Wall? It seemed out of place, in what was supposed to be an (IMO) reverent area for the sleeping Tenno. Not really an Umbra thing, but I figure this thread is good as any for Sacrifice speculation.

I can only imagine after umbra release:Jumps into a void fissure mission, 4 umbras.All pop the exalted blade at the same time and rip enemy's+FPS 😃
For 2 weeks at least warframe be like "Time to take out the fancy scarf looking boy"

I aswell forgot that Ordis was a pretty badass executioner/warrior.Maybe all the fragments finally merge and ordis jumps into the Umbra to protect the tenno and lotus/margulis.

Edited by GrimDelta

1 hour ago, GrimDelta said:

I can only imagine after umbra release:Jumps into a void fissure mission, 4 umbras.All pop the exalted blade at the same time and rip enemy's+FPS 😃
For 2 weeks at least warframe be like "Time to take out the fancy scarf looking boy"

I aswell forgot that Ordis was a pretty badass executioner/warrior.Maybe all the fragments finally merge and ordis jumps into the Umbra to protect the tenno and lotus/margulis.

2 weeks give or take should give people enough time to realise he is just another excalibur especially when the whole squad is just him😂😂😂

They said on the last devstream it would be in 2 or 3 weeks.  So it will be between 18th-24th June or between 25th-30th  June.

Also I will wait for an aditional 2 or 3 days because of the lots of hotfixes that will be applied to the "vanilla" sacrifice version (it always happens)

1 minute ago, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Also I will wait for an aditional 2 or 3 days because of the lots of hotfixes that will be applied to the "vanilla" sacrifice version (it always happens)

I might do that as well. Last time I jumped straight into the quest and got prog stopped, forcing me to restart the game and miss out on an entire section of gameplay because the game thought I already completed that part.

20 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Take a shot if Umbra appears early.

Take a shot if you have to fight it.

Take 2 shots if there is resentfull mind inside it.

Take a shot if you can free it.

Take 3 shots if you can make it defy Ballas.

Drink half of the bottle if you fight alongside it.

Drink the 2nd bottle when you finish the quest and see Umbra around the ship.

Take a shot if Ballas Hijacks your (link to your) Warframes and the MITW offers you a “Deal with the dev!l scenario”...

2 hours ago, Gorylas said:

even tho i believe you.. where did you get that info?

Red Text said the last hotfix was the last time we would see it for the week. And Megan said the hotfixes this week would be the last for a while. Don't expect the update this week or next week.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

7 hours ago, Ksaero said:

And this can be easily "fixed" by making this quest a hard requirement at the earlier stages of the game. In worst scenario, DE could just leave it as is and forget about it. Like they did with Alad's story. Every new player thinks that Alad's story ends with him being infested because TSD, where he is already cured, is played before Patient Zero, and the curing part was a time-limited event.

You misunderstand me. You suggest that locking it would be a 'fix', but the point is that the fact that Sacrifice  doesn't require it, aka Hidden Messages isn't a hard requirement for Sacrifice, shows that the fix is unlikely to be needed to begin with. It's not that I'm complaining that Lotus dying would ruin the lore and it needs a fix, it's that Lotus dying would ruin the story, and the fact that they haven't done the fix is evidence against that happening.

And as for Alad, Alad and Lotus have a number of differences. For one, although Alad winds up getting cured before the events of the quest, his character in the Second Dream he doesn't really experience anything that would stop him being infested if the order were reversed. So, from a story perspective, Alad could be infected on either side, it's just he got infested and then cured canonically before TSD. Ultimately, it's not too big of a deal. But one of the most important characters with a dramatic death coming back to life or another breaking character (i.e. manifesting a dead persons memories) just for a quest? That's a lot less forgivable. People would call it out heavily. So I doubt DE would be that negligent on something this important to them.

2 hours ago, Gorylas said:

even tho i believe you.. where did you get that info?

Common sense and again as i have said many times in this thread, they have estimated date for next week to release UI update which is now tied in with sacrifice.

16 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Common sense and again as i have said many times in this thread, they have estimated date for next week to release UI update which is now tied in with sacrifice.

To be 100% sure about that we need to wait for the PC Gaming Show of next week, Megan will speak about The Sacrifice and other things so probably she will tell us exactly when the update will be released.

26 minutes ago, Gabriel_98 said:

To be 100% sure about that we need to wait for the PC Gaming Show of next week, Megan will speak about The Sacrifice and other things so probably she will tell us exactly when the update will be released.

Well assuming they will give us a release date.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

There has been a set of new leaks. We only have one Umbra related thing mentioned in there. 

Reveal hidden contents

An Umbra noggle. Nothing else was mentioned. Could you imagine if that was the reward from the Sacrifice?

We arent actually getting excal umbra from the quest only the excal umbra noggle.