Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 minutes ago, -Ringed-Umbra- said:

Tashin fake confirmed. Ikr I wrote Tenshin days ago I think and no one corrected too lol.

Nothing to correct, he's a real person. Totally. Yes.

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Tenshin is the true sacrifice we need.

Reeeeee. I spent too long working on Tenshin to let him die now. 

2 minutes ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

I think that Teshin will sacrifice himself for us. Why?

After what he did during the War Within, it was pretty clear that he knew he f**ked up. 

All actions have consequences. Leading the Tenno straight to the Grineer Queen's trap isn't something we can forgive. 

Even Teshin himself kinda hinted by his tone that he's gonna have to pay the price for what he did and how he betrayed the Tenno, even though he "saved" us at the end. 

I know the theories point otherwise but I do think that Teshin and Umbra have a very close relationship. And whoever once owned the Umbraframe...that person will sacrifice himself so that we can acquire Umbra. 

Figuring that Teshin is the only reason we got out of the said Queen trap alive; assisting us through breaking Margulis' locks, I figure he assisted enough to pay back working for the Queens. Also Teshin did so fully understanding that the Queens would figure it out and kill him for it; he was deeply shocked when we pulled ourselves back into the Fortress using the warframe as an anchor. Escaping with him, he swore to assist us more fully in the future and give advice. If anything, Teshin would try to save us if it meant anything close to what we faced with the Twin Queens and Ballas was an Executor of the Counicl of Seven - probably super bad for us.

4 minutes ago, UMBRANEMESIS said:

I think that Teshin will sacrifice himself for us. Why?

After what he did during the War Within, it was pretty clear that he knew he f**ked up. 

All actions have consequences. Leading the Tenno straight to the Grineer Queen's trap isn't something we can forgive. 

Even Teshin himself kinda hinted by his tone that he's gonna have to pay the price for what he did and how he betrayed the Tenno, even though he "saved" us at the end. 

I know the theories point otherwise but I do think that Teshin and Umbra have a very close relationship. And whoever once owned the Umbraframe...that person will sacrifice himself so that we can acquire Umbra. 

Yea I believe that Teshin will sacrifice himself.  In one of the trailers Ballas says "For their life, yours." which to me sounds like he's talking to Teshin basically saying he has to sacrifice his own life for us Tenno.  Also before TWW came out there were script "leaks" which was Teshin explaining to us what Umbra was so I'm guessing Umbra is Teshin's frame somehow.  Then the little things like the Dax/Teshin statue thing as a twitch reward and the tea set saying its from a Dax.

3 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Tenshin is the true sacrifice we need.

hope so, I truly hate him with my life

if there is an option to sacrifice access to excalibur umbra and all umbra stuff, old and new, for the sake of never having tenshin's name brought up ever again, I'd punt everything umbra related into the ocean in a heartbeat

Also, I watched all the Ballas cutscenes and trailers (back to the prime ones) and I don't think the dude talking in the Umbra trailer is Ballas in his right mind. Yes, it's Ballas for sure (even the CC for the trailer supports that), but something got in him. It just sounds too much like Hunhow, and I don't think the DE sound team just did that by accident. The tone is the same. 

I wonder what Chinese players are discussing based on the new trailer and info site. Can someone search through their forum?

Also, remember Steve's tweet about global Umbra being 94% similar to Chinese version? Has anyone actually found any difference, besides the lack of title "Prime"?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I wonder what Chinese players are discussing based on the new trailer and info site. Can someone search through their forum?

Not gonna attempt to translate any posts, but here:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5742566319

It's a discussion on the trailer.

Also, remember Steve's tweet about global Umbra being 94% similar to Chinese version? Has anyone actually found any difference, besides the lack of title "Prime"?

It wasn't 94% similar, he was "94% sure" that our Umbra would look the same, and he obviously does so there's no worry there.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Like 1

It definitely doesn't sound like Ballas, if we compare the trailer and the Website lines to something like the Prime trailers that was narrated by Ballas, the voice is pretty different.

Spoiler

Don't know if its just effects and filters added to give his voice a better atmosphere or if its related to the quest itself. If its the former, I personally find the Prime trailer voice to have done just fine on its own but it could've just not translated well into the game.

I'm going to copy paste the theory I put forth on the Discord here. Excuse the formatting. 

I'm just going to engage my intuition
It's pretty clear from the trailer that Umbra is mourning
Umbra lost someone, the him, its first owner
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that its first owner was Ballas
but Ballas got mindfricked by Hunhow

now Hunhow is free
yes he did
Ballas created the juice that destroyed him
and this occurred during his Subject 9 test on Umbra
a sentient powered warframe

he became its operator
then got sucked out into Hunhow's mind
THEN
hang on
let me finish
NOW Ballas is FREE
from hunhow
and he has returned
LOTUS/MARGULIS is the key to getting UMBRA back
and HE, BALLAS, his true self, will sacrifice himself
to save Umbra
which we will inherit
this quest is all about Hunhow vs Ballas

yes Ballas is good
he was
but he was also crazy afand his subject 9 test, the UMBRA PROJECT, was his last bet
his hail mary project
and he was like
"I love Margulis and she told me she gonna make these kids warframe pilots"
"I'm going to beat her to the chase"
touches the void
gets corrupted
"I've never felt such power before!"
tries to use power to control sentient technology in Warframe Umbra
fails
Umbra breaks free but Hunhow is sucked away
now Teshin, Umbra, and us must team up to the save Ballas
so we can in turn save us from Hunhow's plans
because HUNHOW got a hold of one of the Umbra variants early on
guess what it was called?
STALKER
the rest is history

Edited by UMBRANEMESIS

just got my theory about umbra frame...is it possible that excalibur umbra is stalker? since stalker clearly has name "shadow" on him and according to lore stalker really hate warframe so much is it possible that the one who use stalker frame send his frame to let us kill ballas who create all frames? since stalker frame might be the only one that can kill ballas if all normal and prime frame is useless to him(this connect with DE word about not all frame turn umbra too since umbra frames can also be stalker and his acolytes frame)

Im just afraid that we can get 2 playe with umbra just in quest and that's it. Because of China warframe... and that is why they trying to mask everything with new cosmetic... if that is the case then what s the point of waiting for 3 years... 🤔😑

vor 2 Stunden schrieb UMBRANEMESIS:

Also, I watched all the Ballas cutscenes and trailers (back to the prime ones) and I don't think the dude talking in the Umbra trailer is Ballas in his right mind. Yes, it's Ballas for sure (even the CC for the trailer supports that), but something got in him. It just sounds too much like Hunhow, and I don't think the DE sound team just did that by accident. The tone is the same. 

Agreed. We only have some bits from Ballas, but the sentence from the trailer doesn't really fit to these former bits. The tone isn't distinguished, soft and delicate enough. 

It could be very likely Hunhow.That would be a pitty, because a Ballas acting on his own free will  intrests me way more than a puppet on the strings of Hunhow, a theme we already got.

Ballas has multiple facets, cruelty, grief, wish for forgiveness, narcissm and love.

Hunhow is the destroyer of worlds.....yeah *yawn*

• Like 1

I’ve posted above to suggest it might be Teshin, but maybe the Cherry Tree is a way for Ballas to demonstrate real love for Margulis by saving her children as a sacrificial substitute.

Ballas is the Other NPC wearing a Samurai Sword.

Game design supports Ballas, actually as Teshin is “Uncle Conclave”.  Trshin’s loss requires work to retool Conclave UI.

13 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

If teshin is the sacrifice, wouldn't that be a nice and clean way for DE to finally kill conclave?

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

12 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Right there with you. I'd love to have Ballas as our leader. We've had Lotus for 4+ years now. It seems that half the community is split down the middle regarding this.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

So... I did a thing. Thanks @S0V3REiGN for the idea.

WARNING: Might Trigger people.

Hide contents

aWDEEk8.png

If you look at every youtube video surrounding the trailer, this type of comment is present in all of them xD.

The ironic thing about is that there really isn't any people calling for EP anymore, for obvious reasons.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01
  • Like 1