(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I'm going to copy paste the theory I put forth on the Discord here. Excuse the formatting. 

I'm just going to engage my intuition
It's pretty clear from the trailer that Umbra is mourning
Umbra lost someone, the him, its first owner
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that its first owner was Ballas
but Ballas got mindfricked by Hunhow

now Hunhow is free
yes he did
Ballas created the juice that destroyed him
and this occurred during his Subject 9 test on Umbra
a sentient powered warframe

he became its operator
then got sucked out into Hunhow's mind
THEN
hang on
let me finish
NOW Ballas is FREE
from hunhow
and he has returned
LOTUS/MARGULIS is the key to getting UMBRA back
and HE, BALLAS, his true self, will sacrifice himself
to save Umbra
which we will inherit
this quest is all about Hunhow vs Ballas

yes Ballas is good
he was
but he was also crazy afand his subject 9 test, the UMBRA PROJECT, was his last bet
his hail mary project
and he was like
"I love Margulis and she told me she gonna make these kids warframe pilots"
"I'm going to beat her to the chase"
touches the void
gets corrupted
"I've never felt such power before!"
tries to use power to control sentient technology in Warframe Umbra
fails
Umbra breaks free but Hunhow is sucked away
now Teshin, Umbra, and us must team up to the save Ballas
so we can in turn save us from Hunhow's plans
because HUNHOW got a hold of one of the Umbra variants early on
guess what it was called?
STALKER
the rest is history

Edited by UMBRANEMESIS
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You sure?

I distinctly remember the forums used to be rife with ''Tenshin''. Tashin is nobody, Tenshin is his true brother. We have picture proof of him as well.

Why not TAISHIN!? 😄 😄 😄  ...... I'll see myself out.

• Haha 1

Wonder what point the Stalker will show up in the quest. Perhaps that Umbra we see in the trailer is him. Who knows. Looking forward to binge-watching the streams anyhow.

• Like 2

just got my theory about umbra frame...is it possible that excalibur umbra is stalker? since stalker clearly has name "shadow" on him and according to lore stalker really hate warframe so much is it possible that the one who use stalker frame send his frame to let us kill ballas who create all frames? since stalker frame might be the only one that can kill ballas if all normal and prime frame is useless to him(this connect with DE word about not all frame turn umbra too since umbra frames can also be stalker and his acolytes frame)

7 hours ago, KvngJ said:

Literally bought a pc earlier last week for that exact reason but the specs couldn't run it too well. So I've just been spending Plat on ps4 to distract from my anxiety of waiting

I bet theres a pc warframe requirements topic somewhere

Im just afraid that we can get 2 playe with umbra just in quest and that's it. Because of China warframe... and that is why they trying to mask everything with new cosmetic... if that is the case then what s the point of waiting for 3 years... 🤔😑

• Woah 2
  • Applause 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb UMBRANEMESIS:

Also, I watched all the Ballas cutscenes and trailers (back to the prime ones) and I don't think the dude talking in the Umbra trailer is Ballas in his right mind. Yes, it's Ballas for sure (even the CC for the trailer supports that), but something got in him. It just sounds too much like Hunhow, and I don't think the DE sound team just did that by accident. The tone is the same. 

Agreed. We only have some bits from Ballas, but the sentence from the trailer doesn't really fit to these former bits. The tone isn't distinguished, soft and delicate enough. 

It could be very likely Hunhow.That would be a pitty, because a Ballas acting on his own free will  intrests me way more than a puppet on the strings of Hunhow, a theme we already got.

Ballas has multiple facets, cruelty, grief, wish for forgiveness, narcissm and love.

Hunhow is the destroyer of worlds.....yeah *yawn*

• Like 1

If teshin is the sacrifice, wouldn't that be a nice and clean way for DE to finally kill conclave?

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

I’ve posted above to suggest it might be Teshin, but maybe the Cherry Tree is a way for Ballas to demonstrate real love for Margulis by saving her children as a sacrificial substitute.

Ballas is the Other NPC wearing a Samurai Sword.

Game design supports Ballas, actually as Teshin is “Uncle Conclave”.  Trshin’s loss requires work to retool Conclave UI.

13 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

If teshin is the sacrifice, wouldn't that be a nice and clean way for DE to finally kill conclave?

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

12 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

To be honest, if we are sacrificing someone, I’d love to sacrifice the Lotus for noodle dad. :clem:

Right there with you. I'd love to have Ballas as our leader. We've had Lotus for 4+ years now. It seems that half the community is split down the middle regarding this.

27 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

You don't need to kill something that's already dead.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

So... I did a thing. Thanks @S0V3REiGN for the idea.

WARNING: Might Trigger people.

Hide contents

aWDEEk8.png

If you look at every youtube video surrounding the trailer, this type of comment is present in all of them xD.

The ironic thing about is that there really isn't any people calling for EP anymore, for obvious reasons.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Hide contents

aWDEEk8.png

So it begins

I'm ready for the excal prime memes

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Reveal hidden contents

aWDEEk8.png

I love this. Hope it's posted in every thread people post about how to get him back with 'compromises'.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1

34 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Before looking at picture: I doubt it will be.

After looking at picture: 

Spoiler

4926088_E_C8_A9_4682_BCAA_FBC2542_C1631.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

Umbra is supposed to be "Darker" so I'm thinking that it's made from the Man in the Wall.

Maybe we're supposed to be the sacrifice but somehow change places seeing as he looks like us.

So with new Umbra Frames will there be quests to get them OR higher level Void Fissures (80-100+) with super rare relics?  Just a thought...

In my opinion the quest will be released tonight or tomorrow so they will have some time to hotfix if needed before the end of the week

• Like 2

Well I think that something will happen to Teshin, because for watching twitch partner streams we get golden teshin bust. Coincidence, I think not because they allways had either misc customization items or something based on update if we talk about placeable decorations and its also a very strange choice to giveaway golden Teshin bust when he is not the focus of the quest. Also a very strange choice of words in the trailer "Howl all you want, it won't bring him back", so its not like we will lose Lotus and its not Ballas because operator wont care much about his death, the howl part is most likely about the Umbras scream before the words are said. So we 100% will lose a male character close to us and he will most likely be killed by Ballas and that death will trigger the umbra system (whatever it is).

Also they wont get rid of operators, because too much work went into them to just scrap them.

Edited by NeroXero