Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

1 minute ago, XideBeast said:

They may release it today and maybe hotfixes will come on Thursday and Friday :3

If it's today I won't be able to sleep normally and won't be able to work normally next two days 😄

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

If it's today I won't be able to sleep normally and won't be able to work normally next two days 😄

Same lol, Im preparing for the final exam to get my degree but im not sure that i can make it with The Sacrifice. I may sacrifice my examination result !!

3 hours ago, Nyx219 said:

Dude, again, I point to the reference I made to blaming parents while growing up for being hyped over a gift -- you know you're getting something to do with what you wanted in the first place, but even mom & dad aren't obligated to spoil the surprise just because you can't stand it.

But mom and dad really shouldn't lie for 3 years straight that they are working on getting you the gift and only really start looking for it 3 months or so prior.

DE isn't totally wrong for providing no info.

DE is wrong for telling people they are working on it everytime people ask about it over the years and then, even making a trailer for it 1 whole year in advance and making a small quest to hype it up further then not work on it for months before deciding to finally spend 3 months to do it.

Managing customers' expectations is a marketing function. There's no blaming customers for it.

If you sell a product and then keep its production super secretive and bring it up every once in a while (look at the number of devstreams that talk about it over the years), you can't blame your customers for thinking you have been working on it instead of literally doing nothing and just pulling a 3 month rush work after 3 plus years of first announcing its existence.

If a product has been announced and business needs dictate that it can't be done at this point in time, the onus is on the company to tell its customer base that this product has been shelved temporarily or till further notice instead of keeping hush and letting the customer base think it is still being worked on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, White_Raven said:

Considering what Megan tweeted earlier about going back from E3 to help launching this update, she's probably just come back by now, and it's late, so it's safe to assume they would leave it for tomorrow, maybe.

E3 was on 11/6 and now is 13/6. She is already back home and they are all ready to ship the quest as soon as possible.

On 2018-06-12 at 3:43 AM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Could Hunhow(or a fragment of him) have taken Ballas' form? Like Lotus did long time ago to infiltrate in the orokin high spheres?

In that case, Margulis/Lotus is also in danger

What if Ballas IS Hunhow? I mean, Hunhow is just a machine that Ballas talks through.

Edited by Ksaero

They stated they will make more.

I think they will.

People who hate or don't play excalibur wouldn't care about excalibur umbra and they definitely would want an umbra version for their favourite.

Also, for Founders, the narrative on this whole affair can either be seen as "DE made a new set of frames that excalibur umbra just so happens to be the first, so nothing to do with excalibur prime agreement" or "DE made excalibur umbra only which is a seemingly better excalibur prime to go around the agreement" depending on whether they release more of Umbra line.

A new line also means new frames and accessories to sell for DE. I mean let's be real, how many unique frames can they keep churning out? Eventually, they will run out of ideas and reskins/stat changes to existing frame are easier to make than to come up with totally new ones.

So, it's only for the best that they make more.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Actually we have. During the Second Dream and Octavias Anthem we see Hunhow. He’s the giant Sentient.

And it could be controlled by Ballas. Maybe that's why Ballas knew how to disconnect Natah from Margulis. Also  he was the one pushing Sentient project forward and also didn't really like Orokin.

Hope i will see the red text sooon, thats a very special moment with every players, my hype level is way too insane now.. If they delay it..gonna smash my head into the wall ( made by marshmallows)

Edited by XideBeast

2 minutes ago, XideBeast said:

Hope i will see the red text sooon, thats a very special moment with every players

Well it won't be now soon. DE is sleep right now. I hope it drops Wednesday (1AM where I am), by 3pm at the latest.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Nope. That was actually his body.

Well, I have been always thought that Ballas is more powerful than Hunhow but now 😂 Our creator is just like an ant 🐜 to that acient Sentient but Ballas is still OP right ?

3 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

But mom and dad really shouldn't lie for 3 years straight that they are working on getting you the gift and only really start looking for it 3 months or so prior.

DE isn't totally wrong for providing no info.

DE is wrong for telling people they are working on it everytime people ask about it over the years and then, even making a trailer for it 1 whole year in advance and making a small quest to hype it up further then not work on it for months before deciding to finally spend 3 months to do it.

Managing customers' expectations is a marketing function. There's no blaming customers for it.

If you sell a product and then keep its production super secretive and bring it up every once in a while (look at the number of devstreams that talk about it over the years), you can't blame your customers for thinking you have been working on it instead of literally doing nothing and just pulling a 3 month rush work after 3 plus years of first announcing its existence.

If a product has been announced and business needs dictate that it can't be done at this point in time, the onus is on the company to tell its customer base that this product has been shelved temporarily or till further notice instead of keeping hush and letting the customer base think it is still being worked on.

yeah all of that

It got understandably frustrating as time went on and we heard things like "It's likely to come before the end of the year" in 2015, "It's coming sort of soon" in 2016, "It's on the agenda" in 2017, a teaser when it wasn't even going to be worked on any time soon after because PoE was the focus for that year, a prologue when the writing had barely just begun, etc.

Just now, XideBeast said:

Well, I have been always thought that Ballas is more powerful than Hunhow but now 😂 Our creator is just like an ant 🐜 to that acient Sentient but Ballas is still OP right ?

Just because Ballas is a lot smaller than Hunhow, doesn’t mean he is less powerful.

A lot of games/shows like God of War or One Punch Man have their main protagonists going up against enemies the size of mountains and defeating them with relative ease.

Ballas could be no different.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Doubtful. That just raises more questions than answers.

IIRC there's nothing in the story that contradicts it so who knows. This voice in the trailer is just too similar to Hunhow's.