Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Maybe because it is Hunhows voice? We’ve heard Ballas speak. He doesn’t sound like that.

Actually, it has Ballas' intonations. It simply variates in pitch.

Edited by Tellakey

Umbras will happen because monetary wise it is worth to them to sell new set of frames. Also they have fan concepts so they could not run out of ideas and they could just make what peoples made in fan concepts so this is a 3 line work to them to make regular new frames, prime versions and then umbra. Hopefully they can manage this and this won't mean they stop making regular frames because new abilities and palystyles could only be introduced with regular frames. There is never enough frames in game.

12 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

DE's subtitles say it's Ballas.

Indeed. Although, that might be some other "form" of Ballas, for lack of a better phrase, that is speaking -- the way his eyes glow does not fill me with confidence that the original Ballas is still in there. That's more me trying to see what might stick, rather than actual speculation right now. It may just be Ballas but filled with power, after all -- power making someone's voice deeper is not that uncommon of a trope.

Edit: Oh, and here's some of Hunhow's deeper voice clips. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hunhow/Quotes#Intro_Cinematic

Edited by OmegaShadowcry

8 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

DE's subtitles say it's Ballas.

I don't trust DE very much. They say a lot of things. So that could be an attempt to throw us off so as not to spoil Hunhow's appearance. So until the quest comes out, I'm going with my knowledge that Hunhow has a very deep flayed robot voice and Ballas doesn't.

6 minutes ago, XideBeast said:

Don’t believe in the trailer yet just like the teaser in 2017. Umbra were holded a normal nikana and now an unknown sword or Umbra nikana

I don't think a different weapon can be compared to this. Also, that teaser was made in 2016, DE could just not come up with a new signature weapon by then. But what we've seen now is fresh.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

So until the quest comes out, I'm going with my knowledge that Hunhow has a very deep flayed robot voice and Ballas doesn't.

That's why I thought that Ballas talks through Hunhow which makes his voice pitched.

20 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Indeed. Although, that might be some other "form" of Ballas, for lack of a better phrase, that is speaking -- the way his eyes glow does not fill me with confidence that the original Ballas is still in there. That's more me trying to see what might stick, rather than actual speculation right now. It may just be Ballas but filled with power, after all -- power making someone's voice deeper is not that uncommon of a trope.

Edit: Oh, and here's some of Hunhow's deeper voice clips. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hunhow/Quotes#Intro_Cinematic

See, it doesn't sound the same at all. Sure, both are deep voices, but the accents are very, very different. He's not talking like Hunhow in the Sacrifice trailer. It's just a deeper version of Ballas's voice. To use movie/television show examples, the comparison between Hunhow and Ballas's deep voice is like the comparison between Ultron's voice in Age of Ultron and a Goa'uld voice in Stargate SG-1. Sure, both are kinda deep, but they aren't the same at all. They literally don't sound the same. Speech pattern and accent are way too different.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

That doesn't make any sense though, since during TSD Hunhow seemed to have no clue that the Tenno were children. Why would Ballas put up a ruse like that?

Wait, but in the first TSD cutscene Hunhow talks about a womb in the sky. He seemed completely aware of what Tenno really are (unlike Stalker), he just didn't know where they were hidden.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Wait, but in the first TSD cutscene Hunhow talks about a womb in the sky. He seemed completely aware of what Tenno really are (unlike Stalker), he just didn't know where they were hidden.

All of his dialogue during the quest gives off the impression that he knows where the Tenno's "weakness" is, but doesn't actually have a clue what it is. It was probably because he was there during the Old War and Lua was still in the solar system at the time, then he came back and suddenly its gone. He probably put two and two together and realised that the best place for the Tenno to hide their secrets would be in the one place he cannot go.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

All of his dialogue during the quest gives off the impression that he knows where the Tenno's "weakness" is, but doesn't actually have a clue what it is. It was probably because he was there during the Old War and Lua was still in the solar system at the time, then he came back and suddenly its gone. He probably put two and two together and realised that the best place for the Tenno to hide their secrets would be in the one place he cannot go.

My impression was that Hunhow knew the truth all along, he doesn't seem surprised at all when we find out who we are and just proceeds to convincing Stalker to kill us.

5 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

he doesn't seem surprised at all when we find out who we are and just proceeds to convincing Stalker to kill us.

I don't think he really cares about that. He's more interested in seeing the Tenno wiped out, whatever their weakness may be.

Edited by (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01

3 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Sounds exactly like Hunhow to me.

It's so obviously Ballas in a deeper pitch. I don't understand where the thought of Hunhow is coming from when this voice very clearly shares the same accent as Ballas.

DE's captions on the trailer can't be edited, and I doubt they would do something as pointless as making us think it's Ballas by name. Hunhow has no reason to be in the quest, adding him there would just clutter it. This is the quest to reveal the nature and origin of the warframes through flashbacks, Ballas, and Umbra. Two potential antagonists is more than enough. He had his spotlight in the first cinematic quest, it would make more sense for him to return when the outpost is introduced, aka something focused on Sentients instead of squeezing him where he doesn't fit.

Edited by LazerSkink

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

I don't think he really cares about that. He's more interested in seeing the Tenno wiped out, whatever their weakness may be.

Well, it's one way to interpret the events, but I don't see anything contradicting my theory either. Anyways, we'll find out the truth very soon.

20 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

It's so obviously Ballas in a deeper pitch. I don't understand where the thought of Hunhow is coming from when this voice very clearly shares the same accent as Ballas.

Hunhow is the only person to have that voice effect. We've already heard Ballas speak and he doesn't sound like whats in the trailer at all. So why are DE doing it? 

21 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Hunhow has no reason to be in the quest, adding him there would just clutter it.

Stalker is more than likely going to be involved in the quest since he's always been the centre of the "are the warframes sentient?" debate and he has Umbra's body model. Last time we saw Stalker he was in league with Hunhow.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Hunhow is the only person to have that voice effect. We've already heard Ballas speak and he doesn't sound like whats in the trailer at all. So why are DE doing it? 

They're not even the same effect. Hunhow's his incredibly rugged, this one is much smoother. Whatever reason they have, it's certainly not meant to be hinting at an unrelated villain in the most obscure, unfitting way possible. The voice is displaying Ballas's exact accent. That specific Ballas voice is also prevalent on the main hype site.

It's definitely not Hunhow, but if I'm somehow wrong, I'll swallow my tongue.

Edited by LazerSkink