Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Hunhow is the only person to have that voice effect. We've already heard Ballas speak and he doesn't sound like whats in the trailer at all. So why are DE doing it? 

Stalker is more than likely going to be involved in the quest since he's always been the centre of the "are the warframes sentient?" debate and he has Umbra's body model. Last time we saw Stalker he was in league with Hunhow.

It's not the same voice effect. Hunhow has a deep voice with a robotic effect. Ballas is literally his voice with a lower pitch. They're doing it most likely because he's somehow connected with the Man in the Wall.

You can't just assume that because the voice is deeper, it's automatically Hunhow. They do not sound the same at all. Not only that, but we know for a fact that Chains of Harrow precedes this quest. We also know about the the Man in the Wall from that quest. The Man in the Wall manifests as our Operator, with the same eye effect that we see at the end of The War Within. Guess which also manifests as a deep voice that sounds much more like the effect used on Ballas's voice? The Man in the Wall. Most likely, Ballas's voice is like that because of some connection with the Man in the Wall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Hunhow's his incredibly rugged, this one is much smoother.

I personally don't hear any difference between the two when comparing voice clips, but thats just me.

4 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Whatever reason they have, it's certainly not meant to be hinting at an unrelated villain in the most obscure, unfitting way possible.

Unrelated? The Sentient's are one of the two most important factions in the game and their main lore is the conflict with the Orokin. 

If it isn't Hunhow, why are they adding that weird voice filter? To make it more dramatic? Ballas has a British accent. He can sound perfectly intimidating just by cooing at rainbows in his normal voice.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Ballas has a British accent.

Which is obvious in the edited variant.

3 hours ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Unrelated? The Sentient's are one of the two most important factions in the game and their main lore is the conflict with the Orokin. 

Yes, and that's unrelated to what this quest entails. We're learning of the nature and origin of the frames, and that should be the only focus. It doesn't matter how prominent the Sentients are, they have no place in a quest explaining what we've been controlling this entire time. If there is to be a catalyst for the actions of the quest, I think it's safe to say it will be Ballas. Hunhow would have no involvment then that wouldn't make him seem completely unneeded and unnecessary for telling the events of the story. It's better he's brought back when he and the rest of them are the focus.

Hmmm... 

- mechanically deepened voice

- glowing eyes

- thinks he is a god

- played a big role in creating supersoldiers

- dresses in gold

- can take over other human bodies

- weird stuff happens when he waves his hand

- can teleport

I think DE might have bought a certain franchise in secret and Ballas is a Goa'uld

(pls dont take this seriously)

Edited by Mingcrusher

i think umbra will be just another excal variant, when you look at the sacrifice  hype page the brief description of umbra is "ferocious and untamed, umbras fury is second only to his mastery of blade". sounds similar to a part excaliburs description.

the picture of umbra also looks like the Excalibur agile/noble stance, which i think is done on purpose. 

so i think umbra is likely a excalibur variant

Edited by matityah
worded wrong

19 minutes ago, matityah said:

i think umbra will be just another excal variant, when you look at the sacrifice  hype page the brief description of umbra is "ferocious and untamed, umbras fury is second only to his mastery of blade". sounds similar to a part excaliburs description.

the picture of umbra also looks like the Excalibur agile/noble stance, which i think is done on purpose. 

so i think umbra is likely a excalibur variant

Well umbra doesnt actually have a nikana, its just a normal sword like skana. Also im thinking now along the lines that he will have excals abilities and maybe somekind of special ability alongside that but who knows maybe we will find out today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Quite frankly i think "the old guard should be the only Umbras"-Change my mind 😉:cool:

I will beat you to a bloody pulp if you do not change your mind to "old guard + Wukong".

How's that? I don't actually have a convincing argument so threats of violence are really my only option.

:devil::clem:

Edited by DeMonkey
Inb4 someone thinks I'm serious