Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 years of waiting has culminated. 300+ pages of speculation, rumors, tin-foil hatting and hype. What a journey this has been, for everyone involved. I know this thread will probably keep going after Excal finally drops, since we're supposed to be getting more Umbras in the future. But for me, this is the end of the long road. It's been an honor to have shared in this experience with everyone. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

So is no one going to talk about this tweet regarding if Umbra is just a cosmetic. 

It seems Steve is aware if fans are asking if Umbra is just a reskin. And he just says "Not exactly". Interesting. 

Umbra is an Excalibur variant. It probably has similar stat differences, like Primes, but it also probably has a unique passive or ability. 

As always, this is just conjecture. 

Just now, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Umbra is an Excalibur variant. It probably has similar stat differences, like Primes, but it also probably has a unique passive or ability. 

As always, this is just conjecture. 

Well if it has different stats like a Prime, to me that is just a reskin. 

I just hope his abilities have like dark effects to them like black holes etc. Like what if you did Radial Blind but it is do with a black hole instead? I got inspired by a character called Yami from Black Clover. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Well if it has different stats like a Prime, to me that is just a reskin. 

I just hope his abilities have like dark effects to them like black holes etc. Like what if you did Radial Blind but it is do with a black hole instead? I got inspired by a character called Yami from Black Clover. 

Possibly. Just remember it's still Excalibur, it'll keep his basic framework.

Gerade eben schrieb Albalrogue:

Perhaps the effect would be replacing the exalted blades with ethereal umbra swords.

It would still be an exalted weapon, no idea what you think would be different about that, but it's still an exalted sword.

Gerade eben schrieb LeaserResael:

I think people expecting Umbra to be something 100% unique and different from normal/prime excal are going to be dissapointed.

I don't even have excal prime, but excal prime has notably no different stats anyway from normal excal, so a stat increase would be atleast somethingits-something.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeaserResael said:

I think people expecting Umbra to be something 100% unique and different from normal/prime excal are going to be dissapointed.

I am expecting very similar abilities. Like Normal Excalibur is to do with Light so I expect Umbra to do with Shadow. 

hace 1 minuto, Daster95 dijo:

I don't even have excal prime, but excal prime has notably no different stats anyway from normal excal, so a stat increase would be atleast somethingits-something.jpg

You'll be fine. But some people are expecting Umbra to be something extremely different/special. And that's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, LeaserResael said:

Then they're gonna be salty as hell and start screaming about how they were betrayed, and honestly? I'm so looking forward to it.

Anyway, night chaps! I gotta go guide a tour around the Ring of Kerry tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow night I can play this dang quest. Good luck y'all. 

2 minutes ago, Daster95 said:

Actually, Excalibur Prime have 50 more armor. ( Plus, Prime's passive )

2 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I am expecting very similar abilities. Like Normal Excalibur is to do with Light so I expect Umbra to do with Shadow. 

Like: Light is fast and blinds

Shadow: strong but slow

Instead of Radial blind well blinding them. It could absorb them in to a black hole or visually cause darkness.