Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 hours ago, Dhashruman said:

quick question, does the wrath, acceptance and emptiness thingy do anything more than change the alignment this time?

nah

Anyway, I completely forgot about the Skiajati's passive. It turns you invisible briefly upon finishers, which is awesome.

For those asking about base stats 

Spoiler

Prime and Umbra have exactly the same base stats, the difference is in their abilities with Prime being normal and Umbra having Radial Howl (slower blind but Sentient reset) instead of Radial Blind (instant blind) as well as Umbra AI while you are in Operator. Default polarities are different allowing Umbra to easily use Umbra mods.

Edited by incontrovertible

2 minutes ago, incontrovertible said:

For those asking about base stats 

Hide contents

Prime and Umbra have exactly the same base stats, the difference is in their abilities with Prime being normal and Umbra having Radial Howl (slower blind but Sentient reset) instead of Radial Blind (instant blind) as well as Umbra AI while you are in Operator. Default polarities are different allowing Umbra to easily use Umbra mods.

You sure? Prime has the same energy pool according to patch notes while Umbra has 225 at lvl 30. Also people say that Umbra's EB has 90 more dmg.

2 minutes ago, incontrovertible said:

My screen shots show the strength of both Exalted Blades as well, people think Umbra has more base damage because Umbra comes with Umbra Intensify pre-installed. Prime and Umbra base stats are the same.

Good to hear that. I worried Umbra overshadowed Prime, but now it's clear we have a side-grade. Looking forward to other Umbras.

• Like 1

On 2018-06-02 at 9:58 PM, SilentMobius said:

As much as @ShadowExodus is being overly dismissive I think the timelines strongly suggest that no Tenno sacrifice is needed to create any Warframe.

The RPC is set pre-Warframe. "The Beast" in that piece is certainly related to the eventual Rhino Warframe but Davis was explicit that "Nobody would have believed him" which means that "The Beasts" the other researcher was researching were not intended as anything related to the Zariman children. If Warframes existed at this point, the transference Davis was so desperate to test would not have been a surprise.

So, some time after that event Warframes were first constructed and given we have a demonstration that an non-tenno-sacrifice proxy was created it would be unusual for a Tenno to suddenly be needed.

Let me be clear: We probably don't have enough information to predict The Sacrifice story right now. However if we look at the non-story realities I think we can rule out a lot of things.

• DE want to continue their day/night choice system, so whatever the outcome of the Sacrifice, it would be completable by people going for either alignment.
  • DE don't want to limit any content especially a new Warframe. It's just a waste of dev time.
  • DE don't want to have to double up on post-sacrifice development effort.
  • Operators are too embedded in important game systems to have their use limited.

So my conclusion: "The Sacrifice" will not be related to our Tenno, or any NPC Tenno. Any player choice will either be unrelated to the Day/Night meter or will have equivalent paths for both. It will not involve a player choice that will determine any ongoing VO work. Any choice offered will ultimately result in the same ongoing outcome regardless.

To go a little further into unfounded speculation, IMHO

• Umbra will not be a "built" Warframe.
  • We will capture it,
  • it will be the only type of Warframe that is motive when uncontrolled and the only type to be semi-sapient
  • We will be given the excuse that it's pretty much irredeemably evil when left alone so the "moral out" will be that we are protecting others by dominating it into submission. 
  • Excalibur Umbra will have the same powers as Excalibur, with Prime-like stat buffs but will act like a specter when you go into operator mode (This would also systemically mesh with greater control brought on by the in-dev pet command system)

This is just from the out-of-game realities rather than anything in-game

All things considered I think I was pretty close. I didn't predict the fancy mods or the "Take away it's pain" angle but that was pretty good

• Like 2

The quest was so good but I expected more. Anyway, i got my Umbra after 3 years and did format on him 3 times and used all 5 my legendary cores to max his Umbra’mod.

Plus..I hate the Broken helmet of Ex Um...freaked me out and dropped my phone>> a wild scratch appear !!! 

Edited by XideBeast

On 2018-02-15 at 11:31 PM, kuciol said:

I think Excal will be the only umbra we will ever get and he will be just replacement for prime since this one is exclusive to founders. Hoping for anything more than that is just setting yourself up for disappointment. You are overhyping it to much and it will bite you.

Let me just leave this here.