Jump to content
(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Recommended Posts

Just a few ideas I have for making Umbra and The Sacrifice fit a little bit more into gameplay and lore.

Shouldn't The Sacrifice be replayable? It's not at the moment. It's almost like it's a bug...

I think Umbra should roam the ship like he does in missions. Maybe sit on couches and such. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ending, is so unsatifying!!  NEED MOAR!

Looks really cool though, can't wait for it to drop on console.  Give it to me.  Now.  plz.

1 hour ago, godila2 said:

quest was short but great, everything was great, but still disapointed that we did nothing with helmith, but still

so about whole warframe thing

  Hide contents

umbra versions was first ones, so they were humans, but standart and prime are not humans?

so i gues that second dream whole WAR removal from body was just function thats all, becouse i always thought that standart frames had some kind of mind, when wait what is stalker infested human too? so thats why umbra/ stalker has power and doesnt need operator for powers,  and alad seeing nothing inside warframes becouse its just infested flesh? wait so rhino prime codex means that he was human, so next umbra is rhino?

 

I would really like it to rhino next..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things. That being said his presence will likely invalidate any reason for prime access to exist  I'm aware not all frame swill get umbra but all frames will get prime? At this point why? Rather wait for the next umbra than buy a prime.

That being said I feel like there is a way to rework primes into the game to be on par with umbra but it involves reconning their lore.

Basically rename prime frames with something relating to light. I'm unsure what the opposite of umbra would be (possibly lumi which is great for "the light of life" the only exception being limbo who cna be put into the umbra catagory and umbras can be added there onward. (make sense for a chroma umbra to exist too). That being said Excalibur "lumi" wouldn't be technically canon as he's more a offshoot for founders than a major plot point.

They'd be on par with umbra jsut their only difference being is they are designed for the ying part fo the ying yang symbolism in game. Only exception to these two entirely would be equinox which would be pure ying and yang which we can look at a one off name for her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vilemyre said:

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things. That being said his presence will likely invalidate any reason for prime access to exist  I'm aware not all frame swill get umbra but all frames will get prime? At this point why? Rather wait for the next umbra than buy a prime.

Because, if the Umbra releases will come out as often as Prime releases, than for example a Limbo Umbra is years away while Limbo Prime is just around the corner. As far as i've seen those that buy Prime Access packs are those that want to skip the grind, want to get the exclusive cosmetics, or just have too much money on their hands. Also, the same thing can be said about buying a Prime Warframe and grinding for it. Why buy a Prime Warframe if you can just open some relics and wait a few days for it to finish building. I also don't think Umbra variants will powercreep their younger Prime counterparts anytime soon either (of course excluding Excalibur Umbra and ?maybe the oldest Prime Warframes like Rhino as well?), especially since we don't even know if and when the second will arrive, it might never happen for all me know. Of course, this is just my opinion and given how tired i am, it may also look like some random rambling.

Edited by ErzaSakuretto
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ErzaSakuretto said:

Because, if the Umbra releases will come out as often as Prime releases, than for example a Limbo Umbra is years away while Limbo Prime is just around the corner. As far as i've seen those that buy Prime Access packs are those that want to skip the grind, want to get the exclusive cosmetics, or just have too much money on their hands. Also, the same thing can be said about buying a Prime Warframe and grinding for it. Why buy a Prime Warframe if you can just open some relics and wait a few days for it to finish building. I also don't think Umbra variants will powercreep their younger Prime counterparts anytime soon either (of course excluding Excalibur Umbra and ?maybe the oldest Prime Warframes like Rhino as well?), especially since we don't even know if and when the second will arrive, it might never happen for all me know. Of course, this is just my opinion and given how tired i am, it may also look like some random rambling.

Unless there is a benefit for not having a warframe fight for you while in operator umbra excal is kind of a replacement and im sure every umbra will be the same even fi the stats amtch. That mechanic alone is a pretty big change despite it not looking like it on paper.

But we can only tell shoudl there be another umbra in the future honestly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With DE saying that Umbra was to be a new class of frame I almost expected them to have a few at launch, suprise us with an Umbra for each starter and force us to pick only one. Eh, hopefully they'll come out faster than Primes, at least until we get a few.

I did stumble across This Thread. Seems relevant now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was umbra able to use its powers, if the tenno fuel them with their void energy?

Edited by WARmaro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they wouldn't have created a whole new polarity just for one frame and one weapon. To me, the fact that they added it like that makes it obvious they plan on releasing more umbra weapons/frames.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WARmaro said:

How was umbra able to use its powers, if the tenno fuel them with their void energy?

From what we learned in this Quest, they (all Warframes) dont need us to use their powers.

They need someone to control them without losing oneself.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I just wanna tell you dear Devs, that I play warframe since the open BETA (with an another (and lost in the Void) count). And the last quests that you made for all of us (so Second Dream, The War Within, the Apostasia Prologue and of course The Sacrifice) were awsome. The level of the script, the twists, lore, and I pass some "value" had'nt stop to progress ! So, indeed, I loved The Sacrifice so much, that I ask you just two things :

  • Continue on this way, you are freekin' awesome !
  • And please, please ! Make this quest repeatable. Please !!

So, in "two words" (cause they will have more, sorry ^^') : Great job to all of you Digital Extremes, thank you so much and carry on ! 😉

Tenno Vydda.

Edited by Vydda
I forget to thank you XD
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Shouldn't The Sacrifice be replayable? It's not at the moment. It's almost like it's a bug...

Not a bug, none of the cinematic quests were launched with the replay feature. Steve said in the Periscope yesterday that it may be some time before it's replayable, beyond next week or so. It has to do with functionality, and that apparently replaying on launch would be broken.

4 hours ago, Grimlock- said:

So, i dont know where are the umbra fashion frame topics ?

They're scattered and not too active, but here's one in Fan Zone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

is it wrong im surprised no umbra glyphs yet 

Well people have to log out and log back in on the forum for it to apply. For example: using Loki Prime profile icon glyph atm but my forum profile glyph is from last Tennocon as you can see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well people have to log out and log back in on the forum for it to apply. For example: using Loki Prime profile icon glyph atm but my forum profile glyph is from last Tennocon as you can see.

 

The new glyphs ain't even working on the forums yet, so relogging won't do anything.

And yeah, it's odd we only get an Umbra In Action glyph, but no actual Umbra glyph. Is what it is though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LazerSkink said:

 

The new glyphs ain't even working on the forums yet, so relogging won't do anything.

And yeah, it's odd we only get an Umbra In Action glyph, but no actual Umbra glyph. Is what it is though.

Ah gotcha.

Also good point, maybe it'll get added later on. Also where's the Umbra noggle, don't think that I seen in so far among the new stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should all get together to say to DE to have the option for Excalibur Umbra to have his own variant stance of Exalted Blade to make him a little bit more unique. 

We just need collectively together nag DE. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Also good point, maybe it'll get added later on. Also where's the Umbra noggle, don't think that I seen in so far among the new stuff.

 

The abyss, because all we got as quest rewards was the alt helmet, the courtyard Captura scene, the noble animations, and the agile animations. No idea if it's in the market or something, but whatever.

As for the glyph, not even Dexcalibur got one, so we may have to make do for now. It took almost a year for the Canopic Inaros and Zirastra Ivara helmets to get glyphs, and I don't know if Equinox Clisthert has gotten one yet either. DE is always making new cartoony glyphs, but seems to be forgetting about the regular case of frame helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

From what we learned in this Quest, they (all Warframes) dont need us to use their powers.

They need someone to control them without losing oneself.

As ordis has mentioned warframes don't feel any thought or emotion because they are merely just puppets. Umbras specifically were made using the infestation on a live subject, specifically helminth's strain according to ballas's dialouge in the quest.

Umbra does predate the current warframes and evne prime's though so its likely the methods sued to build warframes were perfected and ballas has found a way to just stop brain functionality on a subject without it stopping the frame form working. So its likely the only reason Umbra was so wild was because the person inside is still alive, capable of thought and emotion. So of course greivances for killing his son linger his mind and the weight of such a burden staye don him until we helped Umbra kill Ballas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the rewarded Umbra animation set suppose to work on other frames or not? 

They look super cool but it seems they are not available to others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Vilemyre:

So after having a good play around with umbra I can say as a founder he tops excal prime by a lot fo things.

Against Sentients he may be better suited (Haha!), but in the rest of the game? The aditional casting time compared to radial blind hurts a lot. and the specter-like behaviour is limited by clunky AI behaviour and the loss of the damage reduction.And until DE gives more Info about the future of the new mods and the new polarity Umbra has a lot less modding flexibility for frame and exalted weapon.

Edited by Sahansral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy, waited for 3 years, got what I wanted (more to be honest) and the quest is also awesome, so ye, hope you all enjoying it, I guess I'll stay with the same damn MR for another 5 years. (yeah... when i like something i use it until im bored)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WARmaro said:

How was umbra able to use its powers, if the tenno fuel them with their void energy?

Yup, this is one thing that we are going to need a refresher on. 

So the tenno came first but the Orokin couldn't do anything with their constant void radiation so they were put into stasis. 

Then they created the bio drones.

Then they figured the idea of the tenno as the battery and the frame as the lense to refine the raw void energy into specific uses. This is the description of many frames, "built for healing," etc.

But now Umbra is the first and had powers? How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 57 Minuten schrieb Mak_Gohae:

But now Umbra is the first and had powers? How?

I thought about that, too. But do we really have a clue that Umbra came beore the tenno-mounted warframes? In the orokin recording device Ballas mentions the tenno and their impact on the war. So I thought Umbra is created while the war is raging and the tennos in warframes are kicking sentient ass..

Edited by Sahansral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...