Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Quick question, does anyone have any issues with using transference when using the Umbra frame? Like for me after using transference and I press 5 again to go back into my warframe it staggers abit and there is a 1 sec time gap in which the frame moves randomly in a different direction to where my operator was facing when I pressed 5

Hello ! 

I have a theory about Umbra versions. I think DE will design Umbra versions for all the cinematics in which ballas made the narrator. 
This includes : Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, Mirage ... maybe Hydroid. 

This also includes the basic versions in which the lore is explained (like Rhino)

What do you think ? 

On 2018-06-13 at 6:35 AM, (PS4)VanTX89 said:

I was just about to type something like this. If anything, the Umbra line may start with the original group. But you know fans of the other frames will want their favorites getting the same treatment. I can't say I blame 'em.

I do believe they better restrict Umbra line to thematically linked frames... Well, LORE-wise it's better, if they don't do my favorite <insert here> Umbra I'll be pissed off exactly like the next fan of <insert here>, but that's not the point. The point is, Excalibur Umbra gone through some suffering and personal affiliation with Ballas (and I'm not sure whichever was worse), so, frames with similar backgrounds are close calls to be Umbra. Like Titania, for example. The Nekros Umbra will be ABSOLUTELY total win, but I don't really count on him. Maybe Valkyr or Mirage. Maybe even Limbo, who knows? Probably no Nidus - it's already too much infested-themed... Dunno about others.

1 hour ago, MKJokerface said:

Hello ! 

I have a theory about Umbra versions. I think DE will design Umbra versions for all the cinematics in which ballas made the narrator. 
This includes : Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Valkyr, Oberon, Mirage ... maybe Hydroid. 

This also includes the basic versions in which the lore is explained (like Rhino)

What do you think ? 

A great theory! What I like the most about it - the frames' list... 😉

32 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well after a crazy amount of grind on pc i was able to participate in it 

though i noticed a weird face bug appearing repeatedly through the cinematic of tww and ts 

Hide contents

Df5Ou8kUEAAcfO-.jpg:large

You spent the entire week grinding to play the quest on PC?

Il y a 2 heures, daktfi a dit :

A great theory! What I like the most about it - the frames' list... 😉

Thank you. I'm not sure about this theory but I think it's still plausible

I missed Banshee in the list http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ballas
So Saryn, Vauban, Nekros, Banshee, Valkyr, Oberon, Mirage ... and maybe Hydroid.

Edited by MKJokerface

Someone posited the only Umbras might be the three starters: Mag, Excal and Volt.

I personally think only the "original" frames of Warframe (aka the ones released at the start of the game) will get Umbra variants. Basically Ash, Ember, Excal, Loki, Mag, Rhino and Trinity.

Then they will be discontinued. If it takes 3 years to get each Umbra out, I don't even think the third Umbra will come to us when WARFRAME 2! releases.

I do not believe at all in a Warframe 2 ^^ 
The game is thought to evolve, without real endgame. It's a game-service. Devs were very clear on this during devstreams.

As for obtaining the Umbras, I think it will be in a quest-scenario, like Excalibur Umbra. Moreover, the parallel between the story of Exca Umbra and the suffering of Valkyr (and howling) is quite intriguing for example. I can not see how Valkyr could not be Umbra.