Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

It's hard to see Umbra as OP in anything, I ended up using Umbra to search for Umbra after he escaped from the orbiter (glitch or what, I don't know) and actually had to switch back to my Mag because Polarize and a few bursts from my Dex Sybaris was a better Sentient buster than anything my operator or Umbra had - and my PC account is barebones.

Still love the quest, just hoping for more Umbra variants. Excalibur was never my favorite anyway.

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel

1 hour ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

It's hard to see Umbra as OP in anything, I ended up using Umbra to search for Umbra after he escaped from the orbiter (glitch or what, I don't know) and actually had to switch back to my Mag because Polarize and a few bursts from my Dex Sybaris was a better Sentient buster than anything my operator or Umbra had - and my PC account is barebones.

Still love the quest, just hoping for more Umbra variants. Excalibur was never my favorite anyway.

No seriously. If you ever get hurt or want to use free energy. Go to Operator mode, Excal will always do a Radial Howl. Use Skiajati to go invisible and repeat. 

11 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Someone posited the only Umbras might be the three starters: Mag, Excal and Volt.

I personally think only the "original" frames of Warframe (aka the ones released at the start of the game) will get Umbra variants. Basically Ash, Ember, Excal, Loki, Mag, Rhino and Trinity.

Then they will be discontinued. If it takes 3 years to get each Umbra out, I don't even think the third Umbra will come to us when WARFRAME 2! releases.

sounds fair , i would love to see a loki umbra.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Just to point out, at that point the Umbra u were using to search for umbra so to speak was still unmodded so ofc its gonna be trashy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

No seriously. If you ever get hurt or want to use free energy. Go to Operator mode, Excal will always do a Radial Howl. Use Skiajati to go invisible and repeat. 

Spoiler

though it dosnt teleport to your last location and further does this weird camera movement, also seems to trigger transference static

44 minutes ago, g0thv4mp1r3 said:

i think they will release umbras in the same order they did with normal warframes and i don't think Ash was second:sad:

They aren't releasing all the frames as Umbra variants, so who knows what they'll do.

One thought I had is that they might use the backstory as a way to progress Ordis's story - if Ordan Karris's story was during or just before the Old War, which we don't know if it was or not, Ballas might have used that body, or perhaps a copy of his consciousness made before he was changed to Ordis, to make a unique Umbra that never got a regular version. Perhaps as a late experiment shortly before the Tenno revealed their abilities, as a way to perhaps add a mind after the conversion. Of course, it probably wouldn't have worked, but it'd be interesting way to add more Beast of Bones to the story. I like Ordis, and would like to see more love for him if I'm honest.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They aren't releasing all the frames as Umbra variants, so who knows what they'll do.

One thought I had is that they might use the backstory as a way to progress Ordis's story - if Ordan Karris's story was during or just before the Old War, which we don't know if it was or not, Ballas might have used that body, or perhaps a copy of his consciousness made before he was changed to Ordis, to make a unique Umbra that never got a regular version. Perhaps as a late experiment shortly before the Tenno revealed their abilities, as a way to perhaps add a mind after the conversion. Of course, it probably wouldn't have worked, but it'd be interesting way to add more Beast of Bones to the story. I like Ordis, and would like to see more love for him if I'm honest.

oh that would be interesting ordis old body as an umbra 

New to forums so please bare with this question as I dont know the answer to this question. As a console player that watched the quest(attending Tennocon so i knew things could get spoiled for me) I did notice something about Umbra Excals design.

His detailing is exactly the same as The Stalker. The gold additions on his arms, scarf and his helmet are different but his chest layout, pinstripes/details are the same. So my question posed is: Does this open the door to get a Stalker Helmet for Excal? Can we get Acolyte Skins and helms for the Acolyte frames? I dont know if this question has been asked or requested...played warframe for over 3 years and Im just getting active in the forums but, Ive been DYING to get my hands on more Stalker Fashionframe.

Thanks forum vets!

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

New to forums so please bare with this question as I dont know the answer to this question. As a console player that watched the quest(attending Tennocon so i knew things could get spoiled for me) I did notice something about Umbra Excals design.

His detailing is exactly the same as The Stalker. The gold additions on his arms, scarf and his helmet are different but his chest layout, pinstripes/details are the same. So my question posed is: Does this open the door to get a Stalker Helmet for Excal? Can we get Acolyte Skins and helms for the Acolyte frames? I dont know if this question has been asked or requested...played warframe for over 3 years and Im just getting active in the forums but, Ive been DYING to get my hands on more Stalker Fashionframe.

Thanks forum vets!

you might want to look at the [#vault> stalker section] of the 1st post in thread , but basically shadow stalker does utilize the same body as Excalibur umbra [has since tsd] 

in the origional art work you can see it even sued the arm blades, but was later removed 

so there are theories on to why this is and how stalker and his acolytes all fit into this with their powers sets 

zAYEexc.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you might want to look at the [#vaul> stalker section] of the 1st post in thread , but basically sahdow stalker does utilise the same body as excalibur umbra [has since tsd] 

in the origional art work you can see it even sued the arm blades, but was later removed

so there are theories on to why this is and how stalker and his acolytes all fit into this with their powers sets 

zAYEexc.jpg

Ive seen this art before, and Id really like to see if we can get something whether through Tennogen or otherwise to have more Stalker items. If my Kubrow can have a Stalker helmet.....why cant my frame? Lol We pretty much have access to everything but the helm and that cool  sash/belt. Im hoping once they expand on Umbra, whether its with more frames(seems likely) or through some other means we can eventually get the stalker/acolyte helmets. I think other players like myself would want access to these items.

Anyhow thanks for the info, ill take a look and see. 

Just now, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

Ive seen this art before, and Id really like to see if we can get something whether through Tennogen or otherwise to have more Stalker items. If my Kubrow can have a Stalker helmet.....why cant my frame? Lol We pretty much have access to everything but the helm and that cool  sash/belt. Im hoping once they expand on Umbra, whether its with more frames(seems likely) or through some other means we can eventually get the stalker/acolyte helmets. I think other players like myself would want access to these items.

Anyhow thanks for the info, ill take a look and see. 

no worries, and i dont know honestly why  not

at this time it makes me wonder if the stalker +lower guardian series are umbra derived frames or are related to how it was made 

57 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

no worries, and i dont know honestly why  not

at this time it makes me wonder if the stalker +lower guardian series are umbra derived frames or are related to how it was made 

Well judging on how the quest played out....I have a feeling that Issah wasnt completely killed by his father and he was turned into The Stalker. That would be even more evil for Ballas to do that then to simply have Umbra kill him...but to also have him turned into a warframe and pit him against his father as stated by Ballas during the game of Komi. Umbra/Stalker are related in some form and having that Dynamic in would be even more intresting. 

Doors have been opened for this. I have a feeling that this limited run of Umbras, wont be limited very long as the lore aspects of this have such a great value for DE to make a limited Number.