Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Amazing how big this thread has gotten. Even Plains didn't get as much discussion and hype as Umbra. Its awesome

I'm just gonna gush in this post if no one minds haha

I love, LOVE how Umbra was implemented and I love the implications. I love how the Umbra Mods are exclusive (kind of anyway) to him and give him (and presumably future umbras) those anti-Sentient perks. REALLY reminiscent of raid armor in Destiny that would give perks vs Fallen perks vs Vex etc etc so you could do better in the raid. Assuming this will be the same premise but with the Tau System.

The whole implication of us going to Tau, Tau hopefully being the endgame we've always needed, etc. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings. Umbra Excal is my new fav frame easily too. Love him. Worth the wait for sure.

Cheers DE ❤️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Diarist said:

Amazing how big this thread has gotten. Even Plains didn't get as much discussion and hype as Umbra. Its awesome

I'm just gonna gush in this post if no one minds haha

I love, LOVE how Umbra was implemented and I love the implications. I love how the Umbra Mods are exclusive (kind of anyway) to him and give him (and presumably future umbras) those anti-Sentient perks. REALLY reminiscent of raid armor in Destiny that would give perks vs Fallen perks vs Vex etc etc so you could do better in the raid. Assuming this will be the same premise but with the Tau System.

The whole implication of us going to Tau, Tau hopefully being the endgame we've always needed, etc. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings. Umbra Excal is my new fav frame easily too. Love him. Worth the wait for sure.

Cheers DE ❤️

Agree with everything here. I went into the quest with admittedly unrealistically high expectations of the quest. "Was this worth 3 years waiting for Umbra?"

Yes. I love the frame and I love how he has turned out. I love that DE gave him his own story, his own character, and I feel like for the first time me and my Warframe are actually a team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blade said:

Agree with everything here. I went into the quest with admittedly unrealistically high expectations of the quest. "Was this worth 3 years waiting for Umbra?"

Yes. I love the frame and I love how he has turned out. I love that DE gave him his own story, his own character, and I feel like for the first time me and my Warframe are actually a team.

I really liked it when he saved you from the sentients. 

• Like 4

Now that I have Umbra and experienced using him, here's a few Captura Screens and a build:

Spoiler

Captura screens:
Kol-Sworn.

Spoiler

Warframe0100.jpg Warframe0104.jpg Warframe0106.jpg Warframe0107.jpg 

Hunhow's Shadow.

Spoiler

Warframe0118.jpg Warframe0117.jpg Warframe0116.jpg 

Default.

Spoiler

Warframe0098.jpg Warframe0113.jpg Warframe0114.jpg Warframe0115.jpg Warframe0112.jpg 

Default (as potential glyphs if DE is accepting any).

Spoiler

Warframe0115_-_glyph_version.jpg Warframe0113_-_Glyph_ver.jpg Warframe0112_-_Glyph_ver.jpg 

Build:

Spoiler

Before you continue, know that the Aura mod and Arcanes are not essential to this build.

If you want more energy capacity, supplant Streamline with Primed Flow and Hunter Adrenaline with Rage.

Spoiler

unknown.png 

My only gripes with Umbra are: 1: his bigger forearm 'U crescent' isn't properly attached to the forearm; this needs fixing immediately as it is a glaring imperfection. 2: that his cosmetics cannot be toggled off for skins that aren't his default. 3: no Pakal Loincloth or helmet to complete the Stalker theme.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Remember last TennoCon?

tumblr_inline_ot3f6sbi5P1r56sld_500.png

I wonder when will this come our way...

I'm not expecting this any time soon given it was still in pencil sketch stages upon reveal (along with the fact Keith admitted making a tileset around one still very mysterious faction is quite difficult. The Sacrifice's ending has given me a shred of hope, however, that they finally have an idea down (unless they bit off more than they could chew again).

• Like 1

given what we know and current developments of sacrifice i think its safe to presume more sentient incursions are on the way and we will need the umbra/sacrificial mods to help combat it 

Sentient outpost(s?)

Spoiler

njTJavO.png?width=1107&height=623imageproxy.png?width=1107&height=623imageproxy.png?width=1148&height=623imageproxy.png?width=1157&height=623

and that there is numerous sentient units we know in dev, along with new units weve seen 

Spoiler

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon-1024x576.png

UnrealisticTerrificCopperbutterfly-size_Image result7zmGcNU.png?width=672&height=623MXVzxIB.png?width=1107&height=623

and now we know of a sentient warframe is in the works #36 revenant aka vlad , makes me think more sentient  themed zone/battles are on horizion

given that the point of the umbra mods seem to stem from "anti-sentient" and provide buffs to deal with them seems a indication of confrontation with them or need for them 

so my thinking is we the tenno will have to start hunting sentient and or obtain more umbra frames [ saving them from their troubled pasts] and obtain greater and greater power to combat growing sentient threat to the system

roughly any player who has done the natah/tsd will know of the confrontation and have fought them, so stands to reason worlds/zones above that might be open to sentient attack and maybe a sentient event? 

just something that ive been contemplating 

I hope there is more lore to Umbra. I think DE still left a lot of mysterious on purpose.

"Lua gives you strength"

What does the moon have to do with Umbra? Is it to do with "dreams"? 

I would like to know more about Umbra besides the infested process attached to a Human (like we saw how the Dax transformed). 

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

I'm not expecting this any time soon given it was still in pencil sketch stages upon reveal (along with the fact Keith admitted making a tileset around one still very mysterious faction is quite difficult. The Sacrifice's ending has given me a shred of hope, however, that they finally have an idea down (unless they bit off more than they could chew again).

Dont forget the Railships that also went along with that reveal. They also showed early concepts of the Lenz during a weapons workshop(i attended) at tennocon last year and the lenz came out not far after. 

Im willing to bet that the Sentient Outposts is apart of this "secret project" that was referenced during the last devstream or is a piece of that. At the first tennocon Steve said the future of warframe was to leave the Origin System, With the end of the last quest. Were likely getting a new starchart of Tao.....these outposts have to be apart of that. 

20 hours ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

I hope there is more lore to Umbra. I think DE still left a lot of mysterious on purpose.

"Lua gives you strength"

What does the moon have to do with Umbra? Is it to do with "dreams"? 

I would like to know more about Umbra besides the infested process attached to a Human (like we saw how the Dax transformed). 

yea there is still plenty of mystery

Spoiler

we know umbra excalibur was sealed on lua and vitruvians were found, possibly more data as we only used a few of the sections in the vitruvian codex

oh also 

11 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

I would love to have an Umbra Equinox, however I don't see that happening in Warframe for a while (this makes me sad). :tired:

I think were getting 9 Umbra frames. I base this off of "Subject 9" 

Excal, Mag, Ember, Trinity, Loki, Ash, Volt were first 8. Frost being the 9th added and the second Primed warframe available to us. Theres your 9 subjects. Multiple times Umbra has been discussed as a possible limited release, we received 1 already I think heres where the other 8 will come from. 

I think Subject 9 not only refers to the Excal Umbra, cosidering hes was the first Prime and Umbra the Umbra frames will come from the frames we were first introduced to. The OG frames get the Umbra treatment as these are the oldest and Origional frames introduced, makes sense to have your Umbras(MK1 basically) your Umbra frames lore wise.

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duachim

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duachim said:

I think were getting 9 Umbra frames. I base this off of "Subject 9" 

Excal, Mag, Ember, Trinity, Loki, Ash, Volt were first 8. Frost being the 9th added and the second Primed warframe available to us. Theres your 9 subjects. Multiple times Umbra has been discussed as a possible limited release, we received 1 already I think heres where the other 8 will come from. 

I think Subject 9 not only refers to the Excal Umbra, cosidering hes was the first Prime and Umbra the Umbra frames will come from the frames we were first introduced to. 

There is a part of me that kind of wishes DE would just introduce a new resource and make it that we can use parts from the regular frames to make Umbra frames, granted that would require a LOT of work on their part.