The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I believe umbra is 'more' ready than PoE, since there was almost if not 3 years of waiting for umbra, they had a lot of time to think how would they do the quest, besides, looks like it has to do with the orokin moon, meaning that if you compare PoE a new complete world open with cave systems and so on and the moon of orokin, the moon is a ready tile map that can just be modified for quest purposes.

As well Steve said that the demo could crash anytime, meaning that it maybe or maybe not still have lots glitches to be fixed. Again if they are fully working on PoE (that is a new thing) and umbra is already 3 years old or so, umbra can just be ready, waiting to be released.

About the release date, sometimes its better to have a surprise, and since releasing umbra after PoE can also be bad since it could affect a lot the hype, remembering again, umbra has alsmot 3 years of waiting, meaning it can also have more people waiting for it and wanting it (like me) than the PoE update.

*running on the Plains of Eidolon with a scarf on the wind.

Edited by Eminem37

5 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

Heart rate monitor and the fact that the nikana we see here is Teshin's Nikana. 

I really want umbra but I really like Teshin pls don't do this de

Let me kill thousands of innocent families instead

the nikana isnt just tenshins as excalibur normally uses this weapon. there is no info that even leads to such a thing happening lol. wait for more official info before your mind goes nuts with assumptions xD

Is anyone else curious as to the "sword from stone" symbolism as the kingdom is crashing down around the pod?  Long live the King?  The king is dead?  ...or is that just a simple nod to double-entendre? (Excaliber in classic literature and Excaliber the frame).  Mordred parallels?  (Not the helm).

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Is anyone else curious as to the "sword from stone" symbolism as the kingdom is crashing down around the pod?  Long live the King?  The king is dead?  ...or is that just a simple nod to double-entendre? (Excaliber in classic literature and Excaliber the frame).  Mordred parallels?  (Not the helm).

I believe that when he takes the sword, he is ready to accept the sacrifice.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

makes me think in terms of mordred  .... and Arthurian legend 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

its just a nikana , yes uses a nikana , but as when in china umbra had a nikana prime, they are just showing him picking up an abandoned sword 

Image result for teshin

Image result for warframe nikana

26 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

the nikana isnt just tenshins as excalibur normally uses this weapon. there is no info that even leads to such a thing happening lol. wait for more official info before your mind goes nuts with assumptions xD

Excalibur uses a skana, not a nikana. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

Just now, Noble_One said:

he uses both. i invite you to go look at vids. hell the most for his rework his first ability is from a gif with the nikana xD

vanilla uses a skana glow effect, prime uses skana prime model

but in slashing the blade can look like a nikana 

Was reading from Page 1 to Page 11, Stop at 17.I gathered: 

Spoiler
On 7/7/2017 at 9:13 AM, arch111 said:

I think a umbra "Syndicate" would solve it. We must farm points and then spend them like we do now. Maby unlock Umbra and then powers/passives.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

If Umbra is unlocked through having the dark side quest alignment then I'd feel extremely sorry for those who chose the light side.

On 7/8/2017 at 1:59 PM, Sziklamester said:

I am the only one whom not really interests the umbra?

23 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

The corrupted part you mentioned could be why he still looks decent. Compared to the Elder queen Ballas looks quite fine and in shape. Perhaps he has powers to control the void to preserve his youth?

22 hours ago, Umbrapocalypse said:

Apparently there's been some rumors coming in from the Tennocon content thread that DE will be letting some players from Tennocon who win some contests to control the Stalker and harass player in-game for a day or so. Apparently they're testing some new mechanic or something...Idk we'll just have to wait till the actual main livestream to hear all the news...

Does that mean that the "Stalker frame" actually exists as a playable frame? With infinite energy and 7 seven different power buttons? Holy S#&$ I'm envious of whoever gets to be Stalker for a day...

Either way, I wonder if this could give some hints as to the mechanics of the Umbra. If Stalker is Umbra, and someone's going to play the Stalker, that means that the Umbra has already been created. 

21 hours ago, DarkLordX2 said:

The frame itself is already done, as far as I know, it's already in the Global build, as some people were able to hack it into they accounts.

The answer is yes, Umbra is in fact, already in the game.

21 hours ago, lukshu said:

I doubt they will tell us too much beforehand to suprise us, when it happens.

As far as I know he was supposed to be in War Within, but they had to change everything because someone thought it would be nice to spioil the script.

20 hours ago, Valiant said:

Umbra Frost please.

20 hours ago, NovusNova said:

welp, that happened.

Now to whether Umbra is just an NPC in the quest or the reward :thinking: - (Terrible Thinking emote :P)

20 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

More than likely it is hinting that we will have to give up a vanilla excal, like they hinted as a possibility on a stream long ago. 

In terms of the quest, my guess is that the sacrifice will be that an operator becomes umbra by being forced to give up their operator body to save themselves, and permanently fusing with their frame -- this makes them "darker" as they no longer have as much control over their transference energy or their connection to the void. It looked like there was an operator pod in the cinematic, and that stuff was crashing down and probably damaging it. So did the operator fuse into a frame to survive? 

Of course I could be 100% wrong, but its fun to speculate. 

20 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

I hate you for even putting that in my head.

20 hours ago, -Mr.Meeseeks- said:

My point being is that people are excited for something that they've been asking years for. Stop being a joykill.

20 hours ago, Calikhan said:

i've put time money and support to help expand this games fans and they've spit back at them so many times many of the people i use to play with have quit cause they got tired of it i'm not entitled i want what was promised

20 hours ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

So, what we see was already in the Chinese build as Excalibur Umbra Prime. I have heard many times that the international build wasn't getting Excalibur Umbra Prime, but instead just Excalibur Umbra. Since this was the Chinese founder item, are we getting Excalibur Umbra Prime and they get regular Excalibur Prime? I'm glad we're getting Umbra Prime (hopefully), but doesn't this seem kind of... shady? (bdum-tsss)

I mean, you are releasing something equivalent to Excalibur Prime free.

Can we get some clarification from DE please?

20 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Grats Mako.

Your vigil has been answered.
Your dedication rewarded at last.

I salute you sir and look forward to discussions to come.
Apologies if bit much.

20 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

Op is update and being reworked in news 

20 hours ago, DellyMore said:

Finally THANK YOU DEVS

20 hours ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

What you misunderstood (and a lot of people appear to try their damnedest to propagate said misunderstanding) is that the only difference between "Excalibur Umbra" and "Excalibur Umbra Prime" is the name.

20 hours ago, NovusNova said:

If you count Umbra hype threads being merged into the main Umbra megathread then sure DE is deleting hype.

Also everyone has a different opinion, opinions aren't removed unless they are filled with swearing, insults, bashing etc.

12 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

Because China has it, so people here want it. If China didn't have it people wouldn't want it as much.

Shortest replies to all those Quotes in ^Spoilers^: 

DE is one of those Developers out there who take their times and get the Game Updates done. And waiting for more than 2 or 3 years is not odd for some other Game Dev who take maybe up to 5 years, it just how it is, some deliver and some give cardboard glued together. The POINT is: Thanks to all those Fantastic Tennos and DE for doing Tremendous Awesome Works, be happy to see more works in the future! 

PS About WF China having Excalibur Umbra Prime, I rethink it and maybe just add more Golds and a Back embedded Sigil on the back in Chinese Characters. (Since Primes probably just need Golds).

:partyHate: AND CONGRATULATION TO THE TENNOS WHO WAITED THIS LONG! :partHat:

Edited by DesFrSpace

3 hours ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

3 hours ago, Noble_One said:

he uses both. i invite you to go look at vids. hell the most for his rework his first ability is from a gif with the nikana xD

Excalibur, if I remember in other Medias are referred to as a Legendary Sword.

I remember Ash, yes Ash, use the Skana, would love for the Primes and Umbra to have their own variant, IF.

1 hour ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

I too like Theshin and i think better burn Lotus alive then touch Teshin

13 minutes ago, ______Dread______ said:

Only I hope to see Umbra`s scarf with tenogen body?

i did post in suggestions to give umbras a umbra toggle like primes have a prime toggle way back when that was implemented for them ..so hope for it 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lNoctus said:

I found out how by accident haha

Just use transference by the invisible barrier to go through the barrier, works on a few maps actually.

which captura ? console are  behind -. - so which onees are you referring to? can you do a demo

39 minutes ago, Noble_One said:

Perhaps. Canonically though he uses skana- think back to skana prime, exalted blade and blade dash both use a skana model not a nikana. It makes no sense for them to put so much emphasis on a nikana that is not his main weapon, but happens to be the main weapon of Teshin. The theme is sacrifice after all

5 minutes ago, ______Dread______ said:

And think what theory with Dax soldiers sounds truly because Umbra have nikana (this weapon were used Dax soldiers) And I hope what we just will be hearing this story, don`t be part of it (because if we will Teshin most likely gonna die)

dax used a variety of weapons besides nikana , they are the ones who trained us from what i gather lore side, so some probably had tonbos and dakras , masters of different weapons  ..ect 

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

which captura ? console are  behind -. - so which onees are you referring to? can you do a demo

Too lazy to demo lmao

Only ones that work so far (haven't tested on other maps yet) is teshins and arbiters 

Just use operater power - face against the barrier and you'll teleport past it, basically. 

Arbirters: barrier where you ask to trade your points for stuff at the very end of the path.

Teshin, the barrier at the very top of the hill, by the water creek.

Edited by (PS4)lNoctus

1 minute ago, (PS4)zeroexalpha said:

Perhaps. Canonically though he uses skana- think back to skana prime, exalted blade and blade dash both use a skana model not a nikana. It makes no sense for them to put so much emphasis on a nikana that is not his main weapon, but happens to be the main weapon of Teshin. The theme is sacrifice after all

seems like the sacrifice is already done  , as umbras up and about right? i think its talking on a past deal 

and again its a standard nikana model, during tennocon, it seemed like they were hinting lotus would die ... as they looked at Rebecca when they said the "someones going to die" 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

seems like the sacrifice is already done  , as umbras up and about right? i think its talking on a past deal 

and again its a standard nikana model, during tennocon, it seemed like they were hinting lotus would die ... as they looked at Rebecca when they said the "someones going to die" 

I'm okay with sacrificing spacemom then lol. Leave Teshin alone DE

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

also to those making statements , one of the disorders [leo] located the area , the "pod" is just fallen decoration , also there is some secret spots there 

operation: find stuff on lua ; has begun ! 

Warframe2585.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2586.jpg?width=960&height=540

Warframe2587.jpg?width=960&height=540

I hope devs tease us like showing Umbra's shadowy silhouette appearing at a distant when playing in Lua. Perhaps we can see his figure slices through enemies near skybox.