Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Yeah it's a possibility. And considering that revenant is the description for an undead, a dead that came back to life to seek revenge it makes sense.

its a bit of a dark concept , and brings me to recall the point were hunhow stated something along the lines about sentient bones/corpses being used. 

kinda spooky 

though im hoping we get to see garduas kit as she seemed interesting 

I replayed the Sacrifice and Apostasy Prologue just now and noticed something about Lotus. Or rather, her Lair.

If we can assume that we are at least projecting our minds into the Lotus's lair during the Apostasy Prologue, it stands to reason it's a proper representation, right? That is to say, it's represented in Apostasy Prologue as it is in-universe. And I looked around and saw something curious I can't remember anyone talking about.

It's in the Void. Shouldn't that be impossible, given Lotus is a Sentient? Maybe that's why 'Mother' is so interested in her all of a sudden, she's developed some sort of Resistance, or repair to the 'Flaw'. 

Edited by Loza03
Premature Posting.

1 minute ago, Sartactics said:

I only came here to say this but how many Umbra Waframes do you guys think we're gonna get? My guess is gonna be 10 based on the Vitruvian's 40 Entries with Excalibur Umbra taking 4 of them.

Hm.

40 entries, four per Umbra. Wasn't one of the Orokin sentences from the second hypesite "Subject 10", and another "Subject 9"?

There's something very similar to a Rhino Umbra mentioned in one of the codex entries. With Excal, that makes two so far. For the others, as I stick by the Acolyte Umbra theory (it's a convincing one in my book), that accounts for six others. That'd be eight. The Vitruvian shows that something similar to Nidus is a part of the process of the Umbrafication process, so that could be 9. And then in Ordis's "safe mode", there's an object inside his cube. 

D0cRGRw.jpg

Sorry it's not much bigger, but to me, that looks like a broken-off helmet or a fragment or component of something. It's not the Vitruvian. And it's dark with a blue energy colour. Perhaps this is one of the Umbras? Perhaps the remaining one? That would count ten.

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree, but we've got to look at all the possible sources of evidence we can.

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Hm.

40 entries, four per Umbra. Wasn't one of the Orokin sentences from the second hypesite "Subject 10", and another "Subject 9"?

There's something very similar to a Rhino Umbra mentioned in one of the codex entries. With Excal, that makes two so far. For the others, as I stick by the Acolyte Umbra theory (it's a convincing one in my book), that accounts for six others. That'd be eight. The Vitruvian shows that something similar to Nidus is a part of the process of the Umbrafication process, so that could be 9. And then in Ordis's "safe mode", there's an object inside his cube. 

D0cRGRw.jpg

Sorry it's not much bigger, but to me, that looks like a broken-off helmet or a fragment or component of something. It's not the Vitruvian. And it's dark with a blue energy colour. Perhaps this is one of the Umbras? Perhaps the remaining one? That would count ten.

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree, but we've got to look at all the possible sources of evidence we can.

Yes there was though they didn't specify whether it was an Umbra or Prime variant but I'm gonna take my guess on Umbra. Also, about that Ordis thing you mention of, I checked his picture with yours and it does look different but I doubt it's from Umbra if we consider their energy color to be gold like Excalibur Umbra. Primes usually have bright blue as their main energy color with a few exceptions such as Ember, Nova, Trinity, etc...

4 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Yes there was though they didn't specify whether it was an Umbra or Prime variant but I'm gonna take my guess on Umbra. Also, about that Ordis thing you mention of, I checked his picture with yours and it does look different but I doubt it's from Umbra if we consider their energy color to be gold like Excalibur Umbra. Primes usually have bright blue as their main energy color with a few exceptions such as Ember, Nova, Trinity, etc...

Well, the thing described matches the description said in the Sacrifice. "Turned on us, just like you did." It's certainly savage enough. It seems to be from one of the later Warframe projects before the Tenno showed up - indeed it was the experiment where the Tenno's interaction was discovered.

Umbra does have gold as the colour of his abilities, but if you look, the energy colour of the areas that change with energy colour are still that signature blue. It's not unknown, I think Valkyr did something similar. So it's still possible this is an Umbra. Although it lacks the gold parts, so it's an unusual one.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Well, the thing described matches the description said in the Sacrifice. "Turned on us, just like you did." It's certainly savage enough. It seems to be from one of the later Warframe projects before the Tenno showed up - indeed it was the experiment where the Tenno's interaction was discovered.

Umbra does have gold as the colour of his abilities, but if you look, the energy colour of the areas that change with energy colour are still that signature blue. It's not unknown, I think Valkyr did something similar. So it's still possible this is an Umbra. Although it lacks the gold parts, so it's an unusual one.

Thinking about what you said, perhaps the gold energy is the leftover hue from Dax soldiers? I mean we know that their Nikanas have the gold energy and it might've been brought over when he was turned into Umbra.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

umbra could be special and be the only unit in the vitruvian, its possible other experiments and data are locked inside

Whilst I doubt he's going to be the only Umbra, it has crossed my mind that different Umbra's could have been failures marked for storage and research for other reasons aside from consciousness. Which could lead to further revelations.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so we have melee rework, nyx/vauban tweaks

and the revenant warframe soon 

still no news on next umbras 

i have been experimenting with my umbra excal and found some fun tricks 

I'm guessing they're going quiet to let us start building our own interest in future Umbras.

If I had to guess, we'll probably next get Umbra news in Fortuna. Not necessarily finding an Umbra, but some hint to one.

My thoughts on when we'll next get an Umbra will be Railjack. Where better to get Umbra frames then the sectors that don't get a lot of light that they teased in the reveal? It'd be a good incentive, in my book.

Also, what kind of tricks have you found? That sounds interesting to me.

23 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

My thoughts on when we'll next get an Umbra will be Railjack. Where better to get Umbra frames then the sectors that don't get a lot of light that they teased in the reveal? It'd be a good incentive, in my book.

Dark Sector lel

3 minutes ago, Crimson-Tenno said:

Dark Sector lel

Indeed.

I mean, seriously, if DE said: "We're bringing back Dark Sectors as a Railjack thing." People would already be hyped, and if they said "And by playing it, you'll be able to farm Umbra Warframes", they'd probably hype through the roof.

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed.

I mean, seriously, if DE said: "We're bringing back Dark Sectors as a Railjack thing." People would already be hyped, and if they said "And by playing it, you'll be able to farm Umbra Warframes", they'd probably hype through the roof.

would make some sense to see them drop from darksectors, possibly we will find more hidden orokin labs that house the sealed umbras and have to tame them as we did umbra

i still have a hypothesis that we will sue excal umbra to create new umbras via some method like helmith [could get dark] 

If more umbras are coming around. I think I have some ideas on who. Now you all probably know this if you been on Umbra-related threads, but I feel there two or maybe even three likely candidates for the Umbra treatment. 

1. Rhino Umbra: If you have read the description given to Rhino Prime, it is too much alike to just be a coincidence of the fact Umbras are actually able move without an Operater, in fact Excalibur Umbra has the ability to function by himself. So in sum, He’s likely to be Umbra’d

2. Chroma Umbra: If you have ever done The New Strange quest, you will see that Chroma is actually able to move with no assistance needed, well...Because he is actually a product of the infested, so it is possible that we see Chroma being Umbra’d

3. Ember Umbra: Now, this is probably the only one I might actually be wrong on, but if you check her bio, it isn’t vague, but not directly explaining, but she seems to be described as a living thing as she seems to be able to not only move, but also omnipotent. Check the bio through this link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember/Prime

So...Any ideas, theories, or comments for my post? Quote my post and your idea, theory, and/or comment and maybe this could start an interesting conversation.

See you soon,

-DragonBoltor45

Edited by (XB1)DragonBoltor45

1 hour ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

If more umbras are coming around. I think I have some ideas on who. Now you all probably know this if you been on Umbra-related threads, but I feel there two or maybe even three likely candidates for the Umbra treatment. 

1. Rhino Umbra: If you have read the description given to Rhino Prime, it is too much alike to just be a coincidence of the fact Umbras are actually able move without an Operater, in fact Excalibur Umbra has the ability to function by himself. So in sum, He’s likely to be Umbra’d

2. Chroma Umbra: If you have ever done The New Strange quest, you will see that Chroma is actually able to move with no assistance needed, well...Because he is actually a product of the infested, so it is possible that we see Chroma being Umbra’d

3. Ember Umbra: Now, this is probably the only one I might actually be wrong on, but if you check her bio, it isn’t vague, but not directly explaining, but she seems to be described as a living thing as she seems to be able to not only move, but also omnipotent. Check the bio through this link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember/Prime

So...Any ideas, theories, or comments for my post? Quote my post and your idea, theory, and/or comment and maybe this could start an interesting conversation.

See you soon,

-DragonBoltor45

1: the rhino prime codex was giving us a look at the raw infested golems, it states they made many of them in the codex. but this one went rampant, per vitruvian we know they were people being used to make frames, later the project was reopened at crafted each frame custom to fit a tenno. so im not sur eif thats rhino prime/umbra s so far thats not a characteristic of that frames head design

2: review in codex after scan its infested like mesa in category , as are all warframes. the mesa was controlled via collar by aladv , chroma its more likely was manipulated through hunhow or some other entity ? 

3. that was speaking of the tenno, who later would wield ember as its discussed that was the ship ten-0 filled with children ? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

rhino umbra, nyx umbra, ash umbra, zephyr umbra, banshee umbra, nezha umbra, wukong umbra, vauban umbra, valkyr umbra, frost umbra, hydroid umbra, mag umbra, nidus umbra, khora umbra, atlas umbra, octavia umbra

oops

On 2018-08-06 at 1:44 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

1: the rhino prime codex was giving us a look at the raw infested golems, it states they made many of them in the codex. but this one went rampant, per vitruvian we know they were people being used to make frames, later the project was reopened at crafted each frame custom to fit a tenno. so im not sur eif thats rhino prime/umbra s so far thats not a characteristic of that frames head design

2: review in codex after scan its infested like mesa in category , as are all warframes. the mesa was controlled via collar by aladv , chroma its more likely was manipulated through hunhow or some other entity ? 

3. that was speaking of the tenno, who later would wield ember as its discussed that was the ship ten-0 filled with children ? 

Well...You have proven me wrong, I’m assuming? Quite the counter you have against my theory. Well done...Tenno

-Hunhow

1 minute ago, Primbone said:

it's just like i randomly guess the possible frame to get umbra variant

still, can't seem to wait to see the next umbra variant, somehow

Two can play at that game.

I predict the next Umbra will be a Warframe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

Well...You have proven me wrong, I’m assuming? Quite the counter you have against my theory. Well done...Tenno

-Hunhow

i dont know i was speaking from what it read and what we know?

2 hours ago, Primbone said:

it's just like i randomly guess the possible frame to get umbra variant

still, can't seem to wait to see the next umbra variant, somehow

umbras will be helpful if more sentients

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Two can play at that game.

I predict the next Umbra will be a Warframe.

-isnt skijiat an umbra as its made from excalibur umbras flesh?

1 hour ago, (XB1)DragonBoltor45 said:

I wonder which weapons will become Umbra’d?

Well, if we can take the only weapon that could be considered 'Umbrad' at the moment, I would guess that they're going to be entirely new. And probably slightly weaker but with some kind of cool gimmick that synergises with their associated frame.