(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

well this took a dark turn 

Said on the thread about UMBRA. The guy with the dead son. :tongue:

18 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Said on the thread about UMBRA. The guy with the dead son. :tongue:

Not just a dead son, but a son he himself killed.

3 minutes ago, CaptainStrawberry said:

Does Umbra have a werewolf form?

This is Warframe, not Twilight :tongue:

On 2018-11-04 at 6:42 AM, CaptainStrawberry said:

Excalibur Umbra Deluxe skin Werewolf! Or Tennogen. 

maybe ? i know stan k is doing some excal skin helm is set but hes reworkign skin

20 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

sketch1541828379035.pngsharing an update on this art project 

Great as ever.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

thanks im having trouble on shading so im trying to improve the looks , i still then have to do the metals and background shading 

Looking at it, I can see how the shading could be a... problem. At least two sources of light in different colours and whatnot...

I'm sure you can produce something great though.

59 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Looking at it, I can see how the shading could be a... problem. At least two sources of light in different colours and whatnot...

I'm sure you can produce something great though.

yea have to factor moon and operator lighting 

On 2018-11-03 at 10:14 AM, CaptainStrawberry said:

Does Umbra have a werewolf form?

I play elder scrolls online and love the werewolf ultimate, so I think every game should have one. We need a warframe with a werewolf ultimate.
I made a post about how the new warframe Baruuk should secretly be a werewolf! That would be insane.

Edited by Redfeather75
That werewolf transformations in video games was too big and too long to post here. XD

Just now, Redfeather75 said:

I play elder scrolls online and love the werewolf ultimate, so I think every game should have one. We need a warframe with a werewolf ultimate.

I made a post about how the new warframe Baruuk should secretly be a werewolf! That would be insane.

doubtful but i know they have talked on beast frame 

baruuk is about mitigating and redirecting damage and then having a pacifying power, along with an ability to do harm 

he is the reluctant hero, pacifist wf, i am quite hoping he has a kungfu ability or like an all out punch that throws absorbed damage back at enemies

Image result for all might smash gif

Umbra is limited series, Excal might be the only one, we don't know.

As long as they release more "normal" warframes, there will always be more Prime Warframes to release.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ShadowHeartRoyalGuards said:

Sooooo I just thought of "what if they finished all the warframes prime varients" which sorta lead to the question, will there be a Umbra for everything but released much slower like 1 per 6-12 months?

DE already confirmed that Umbra, if they make more, will be limited.
Primes are just the Orokin Version of Frames. Nothing all that special.
Umbras are lore-heavy. If we look at Excal Umbra and the way he was made, we see that not every Fram can get an Umbra...

• Like 1

We get 4 Primes a year. 2018 has seen the Releases of Khora, Revenant and Garuda with the release of another Frame planned for this year, meaning that this year they didnt catch up at all. if we go by last years 3 new Frames, ist still a grant total of 15 years till all Frames have a prime

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, ShadowHeartRoyalGuards said:

Sooooo I just thought of "what if they finished all the warframes prime varients" which sorta lead to the question, will there be a Umbra for everything but released much slower like 1 per 6-12 months?

Think about the lore from the Umbra quest; Ballas made tweaks to the process to specifically torture one person for "betraying" him, leading to the rampaging, agonized Warframe that is Excal Umbra.

Why would he do that to the 30 some other Warframes we have? 

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Why would he do that to the 30 some other Warframes we have? 

The komi game. 

He promised to do the same thing to one of his relatives for each piece he took from the Dax.  Which gives him potential reason to create X many more.  Though he said that he viewed creating E.Umbra as a mistake, so he might have simply killed the others, given up, or been interrupted by the fall of the Empire. 

On top of that, there's nothing in the story that confirms that Ballas and only Ballas could make an Umbra, so others could have been made by various people for different reasons.  There are enough ways to fit in more Umbra series frames, the only question is the wisdom in doing so. 

I would imagine that only frames that either have special lore significance or some kind of tortured past would qualify. So, candidates might include Stalker's acolytes especially Valkyr, Mirage, Chroma... possibly Rhino. The Acolytes include Valkyr, Mesa, Loki, Limbo, Frost and Nekros,and technically Excalibur.

Acolytes because at least a few seem to be Corpus, referring to us as 'Betrayers' which indicates they may be using Ballas's transference shenanigans. Like how he talked to Umbra during the hospital scenes. Additionally, counting Excalibur, there's seven of them, and Warframe has a lot of sevens. Seven Orokin Emperors, seven mod polarities and even seven Luan trials with seven Drift Mods. Valkyr has the Torture aspects too. Mirage has extra Lore significance due to apparently being a significant enough death to warrant Lotus repressing the Memory for thousands of years (although this quest is not a part of the 'main story' of required quests). Chroma seems to be operating autonomously during the New Strange, and you are required to encounter him. Lastly, Rhino Prime's codex entry is the first time we're introduced to the entire concept of independent Warframes. In fact, what Ballas said, of the Frames turning on the Orokin, happened with that proto-Rhino.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

29 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

The komi game. 

He promised to do the same thing to one of his relatives for each piece he took from the Dax.  Which gives him potential reason to create X many more.  Though he said that he viewed creating E.Umbra as a mistake, so he might have simply killed the others, given up, or been interrupted by the fall of the Empire. 

On top of that, there's nothing in the story that confirms that Ballas and only Ballas could make an Umbra, so others could have been made by various people for different reasons.  There are enough ways to fit in more Umbra series frames, the only question is the wisdom in doing so. 

I haven't been able to login and see if the quest is replayable but isn't the number of stones taken variable?  

It's a bit of a stretch, honestly. And while you are right that Ballas isn't the only one who had a hand in creating the Warframes, he is the one who had the largest part and if anyone else tweaked the process, the resulting Warframe wouldn't be within the same vein as an Umbra. 

I would imagine that only frames that either have special lore significance or some kind of tortured past would qualify. So, candidates might include Stalker's acolytes especially Valkyr, Mirage, Chroma... possibly Rhino. The Acolytes include Valkyr, Mesa, Loki, Limbo, Frost and Nekros,and technically Excalibur.

Acolytes because at least a few seem to be Corpus, referring to us as 'Betrayers' which indicates they may be using Ballas's transference shenanigans. Like how he talked to Umbra during the hospital scenes. Additionally, counting Excalibur, there's seven of them, and Warframe has a lot of sevens. Seven Orokin Emperors, seven mod polarities and even seven Luan trials with seven Drift Mods. Valkyr has the Torture aspects too. Mirage has extra Lore significance due to apparently being a significant enough death to warrant Lotus repressing the Memory for thousands of years (although this quest is not a part of the 'main story' of required quests). Chroma seems to be operating autonomously during the New Strange, and you are required to encounter him. Lastly, Rhino Prime's codex entry is the first time we're introduced to the entire concept of independent Warframes. In fact, what Ballas said, of the Frames turning on the Orokin, happened with that proto-Rhino.