(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

38 minutes ago, Toppien said:

that the problem, i dont enjoy it, if i want those shiny arcanes i have to bend my knee, and go meta, that doesnt mean i enjoy it, i want to kill an eidolon with any frame and any weapon, but i guess wanting to get arcanes and invest it on my favorite warframes is "trying hard" i love how investing on myself and asking for a more open meta to everyone  is being seen as a reason to be antagonized.

chroma i kinda get it, but he got some nerfs, ivara? the controlable arrow thing does that much damage? thats interesting, now that i think about it, i havent tried garuda to kill an eidolon either...

Dude. I solo cap Teralyst and Gantulyst with Trinity. That's not exactly try harding.

• Upvote 2

hace 7 minutos, BornWithTeeth dijo:

Dude. I solo cap Teralyst and Gantulyst with Trinity. That's not exactly try harding.

let me guess you just were there being the support getting carried by meta warframes or you have a sniper rifle (lanka without riven, or any sniper with riven)

Edited by Toppien

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

let me guess you just were there being the support getting carried by meta warframes or you have a sniper rifle (lanka without riven, or any sniper with riven)

They said solo cap.

I too solo cap Terrys and Garrys, using Limbo. Yeah, I have a Lanka with a Riven and use some meta techniques, but I'm hardly conforming to the Soloberon or the Chroma-Volt-Trinity-Harrow meta.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toppien said:

Solo

Cap

EDIT: Yep, using a sniper rifle. I could use an Opticor, I guess, but I don't actually like the damned thing. Also, no, not using a Riven. Rubico Prime, no Riven mod.

Just to annoy you, later on I think I'll go solo cap a Teralyst using Ember.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Solo

Cap

EDIT: Yep, using a sniper rifle. I could use an Opticor, I guess, but I don't actually like the damned thing. Also, no, not using a Riven. Rubico Prime, no Riven mod.

You go Ember!

BURN THE META TO THE GROUND.

36 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Well, fire does crop up in various purification rituals here and there, dealing with spirits or such.

Good hunting, any event.

On 2018-11-26 at 11:50 AM, Toppien said:

i want to see you killing all  3 eidolons with only mag, and a primary that is not a sniper rifle, or without rivens, yeah, you cant, you will be lucky if you can even down one limb from the first one

I don't know what you're smoking, but I only use Operator for Eidolons, so frame choice is irrelevent.

On 2018-11-26 at 1:15 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

IIRC the umbra was quoted at being a limited series only once around dev 58 ish by sheldon 

since then that point has never been repeated in that phrase, they have stated a few times 

"not all frames will get an umbra but all frames get a prime " a few times in dev streams prior to excal umbras release

and its to be believed more umbras are to follow using the umbral polarity 

This is true, but post Sacrifice at least one devstream mentioned Umbras and I believe it was Rebecca that said (while distracted) that all frames would get an umbra, but take that with a grain of salt.

Really, as much as I would like a story  quest for each Umbra, considering how long it takes to get a new story quest AND the fact that any frame that doesn't get an Umbra becomes invalidated by the meta, the best choice seems to be one elaborate story quest, or perhaps a replayable, raid-like challenge area that grants you the ability to 'Umbra' a frame that you already have maxed, probably the one you complete the challenge with. Story-wise you would be awakening your frame to allow its revenge, while on the technical side your frame is given special umbra cosmetics, the passive is replaced, and Umbra polarities added, saving a rediculous amount of dev time while still giving everyone what they want.

This way, every frame could have an Umbra, but it we avoid plotholes and powercreep as well as reward maxing a frame rather than ignoring and replacing it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Really, as much as I would like a story  quest for each Umbra, considering how long it takes to get a new story quest AND the fact that any frame that doesn't get an Umbra becomes invalidated by the meta, the best choice seems to be one elaborate story quest, or perhaps a replayable, raid-like challenge area that grants you the ability to 'Umbra' a frame that you already have maxed, probably the one you complete the challenge with. Story-wise you would be awakening your frame to allow its revenge, while on the technical side your frame is given special umbra cosmetics, the passive is replaced, and Umbra polarities added, saving a rediculous amount of dev time while still giving everyone what they want.

This way, every frame could have an Umbra, but it we avoid plotholes and powercreep as well as reward maxing a frame rather than ignoring and replacing it.

I would love to be able to 'Awaken' my frame somehow.

Umbran Limbo would be sheer chaos, but the idea does give me the warm fuzzies.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

I don't know what you're smoking, but I only use Operator for Eidolons, so frame choice is irrelevent.

This is true, but post Sacrifice at least one devstream mentioned Umbras and I believe it was Rebecca that said (while distracted) that all frames would get an umbra, but take that with a grain of salt.

if you can find that quote in devstream id be curious

at this point they havent brought it up even after sacrifice to my recollection 

Sooo, any news from Chinaframe? Do they roll out updates in global PC version's chronological order? I'm still curious about how they handle The Sacrifice update. Checked their website but couldn't find any info. Limbo Prime has been already released there though.

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Sooo, any news from Chinaframe? Do they roll out updates in global PC version's chronological order? I'm still curious about how they handle The Sacrifice update. Checked their website but couldn't find any info. Limbo Prime has been already released there though.

chinaframe = funny mirror version of warframe global , so far  nothing new to share that i know of ,we are currently awaiting any news of a new umbra frame for the series 

as it stands i belive due to fortuna dropping and the new war on the horizon umbras will be more necessary against the sentient not just in variable frames abut overall in group mechanics will need more then just Excalibur 

Well i hope for starters that we get Umbras for the starting trio, might work as a new game plus of sorts, Umbra Excal, Volt and Mag, maybe Loki Umbra as well for a full squad. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Caim31 said:

Well i hope for starters that we get Umbras for the starting trio, might work as a new game plus of sorts, Umbra Excal, Volt and Mag, maybe Loki Umbra as well for a full squad. 

i agree

On 2018-12-12 at 9:10 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it makes me wonder if edilons can take over a warframe why cant sentient ?

In as much as regular Warframes and Sentient, I suspect it's due to their biological aspect rather than strictly technological. Infested basis, thus out of their "ball park" in theory.

Then you've got Revenant, which from what I recall of the quest dialog, put itself in reach of some kind of tendril the Eidolon uses to construct itself which went...badly. Personally, I wonder if the way Gara killed the original Sentient the Eidolon are mere fragments of, involved a notable amount of Void energy. If so, could Eidolons in some form be a cross between a Void Echo, and actual physical materials? Alternatively, if not necessarily Void based, could it be Transference usurped; Transference being about the relaying of a mind to an available body, then the "will/spirit" of the Eidolon itself could have become too much for the system to manage, corrupting what we now know as "Revenant"?

If there is more Void at play than not, could Eidolons be similar to the Lua ghosts? From there, perhaps simply having the ready availability of Sentient remains allows the Eidolon to manifest, whilst these ghosts seem to be devoid of anything they could use in that fashion.

Certainly wondering if it's a weird play on "Ghost in the Machine", at least.

Sorry for going on, any event. Best speculation I have on matters at present.

40 minutes ago, Blakrana said:

In as much as regular Warframes and Sentient, I suspect it's due to their biological aspect rather than strictly technological. Infested basis, thus out of their "ball park" in theory.

Then you've got Revenant, which from what I recall of the quest dialog, put itself in reach of some kind of tendril the Eidolon uses to construct itself which went...badly. Personally, I wonder if the way Gara killed the original Sentient the Eidolon are mere fragments of, involved a notable amount of Void energy. If so, could Eidolons in some form be a cross between a Void Echo, and actual physical materials? Alternatively, if not necessarily Void based, could it be Transference usurped; Transference being about the relaying of a mind to an available body, then the "will/spirit" of the Eidolon itself could have become too much for the system to manage, corrupting what we now know as "Revenant"?

If there is more Void at play than not, could Eidolons be similar to the Lua ghosts? From there, perhaps simply having the ready availability of Sentient remains allows the Eidolon to manifest, whilst these ghosts seem to be devoid of anything they could use in that fashion.

Certainly wondering if it's a weird play on "Ghost in the Machine", at least.

Sorry for going on, any event. Best speculation I have on matters at present.

i rather enjoyed the read, is a fine concept of how this is rationalized 

from what i understand

sentient (slain by unum tower) died on POE , but as sentient seem to be a replicator nano tech being its nano cells that were living seemed to have been reset and started recustucting new bodies like vomvalysts and the larger mass on reconstruction is the edilon

the edilon by itself seems to have re terra-formed poe waters and areas as the sentient by design were teraformer drones basically, i say re terraformed as we know the infestation once plagued earth but poe looks surprisingly restored

but if i have to guess the timeline and whats goign on

unum tower slays sentient, residuals make edilons due to being void damaged severely the pieces are reset in many respects , gara slays the sentient, and unum tarps it in a prison , revenant (probably same operator as gara) stands guard over it 

this prison seems to almost be like the rift limbo uses, another dimension along side ours

as for the sentient tendrils i believe this is due to how they gather minerals /materials to build reconstruct themselves and duplicate from fragments 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

so as an update of sorts weve been hearing talks of new kinds of forma, specifically the ones form umbral might be on the way

thoughts on this ? 

Slightly disappointed that the risk/reward system of the Umbral mods is going away.

However, we don't know the context of acquiring these Forma. For one, more Umbral mods might be on their way, and people will have no space to add them. And also, an item that lets you effectively hypercharge a Warframe would be a great reward for a raid-like activity. Not necessarily a raid per se, but that kind of activity - content that's on another level to the rest of the game.

On 2019-01-02 at 4:50 PM, Loza03 said:

Slightly disappointed that the risk/reward system of the Umbral mods is going away.

However, we don't know the context of acquiring these Forma. For one, more Umbral mods might be on their way, and people will have no space to add them. And also, an item that lets you effectively hypercharge a Warframe would be a great reward for a raid-like activity. Not necessarily a raid per se, but that kind of activity - content that's on another level to the rest of the game.

im hoping they are locked behind some sort of task to obtain and not just purchasable , like must due lua missions for a chance to receive  or something 

story of the leakage about umbra forma and omega forma might come out for the game, but I have feeling once you use umbra forma on your warframes it is going kill your joy that your warframe will not be umbra cool looking style, but just going be like a specture frame likeness and we can't do anything about the story because originally the warframe is not pose to move on their own while *spoil alert*

Spoiler

while you did the tenno revealed who they are the warframe that had struggled pulling the sword out to break the connection of hunhow which basically it wasn't your operator operating the warframe which the character of our tenno has their own mind and they think fighting the struggle of the stalker, but the warframe move on it self naturally breaking the sword.  It is possible awaking warframe by using umbra forma will able bring warframe to life, so its better to I guess have more then one warframe?

On 2019-01-07 at 12:24 PM, ChaoticEdge said:

story of the leakage about umbra forma and omega forma might come out for the game, but I have feeling once you use umbra forma on your warframes it is going kill your joy that your warframe will not be umbra cool looking style, but just going be like a specture frame likeness and we can't do anything about the story because originally the warframe is not pose to move on their own while *spoil alert*

Hide contents

while you did the tenno revealed who they are the warframe that had struggled pulling the sword out to break the connection of hunhow which basically it wasn't your operator operating the warframe which the character of our tenno has their own mind and they think fighting the struggle of the stalker, but the warframe move on it self naturally breaking the sword.  It is possible awaking warframe by using umbra forma will able bring warframe to life, so its better to I guess have more then one warframe?

What if the big plot twist of The New War is that Stalker and his acolytes are all sentient warframes united by Hunhow to destroy the Tenno and thus the last relic of the Orokin empire and finally free the system from their influence, but Lotus has kept the system in chaos because of her attachment to the Tenno through Margulis?

Also, having Raids return as breaking into Vetruvian archives for Umbral Formas to awaken your frames and secure their loyalty to you before Hunhow could sway them would be a fulfilling alternative to individual Umbra quests and remodels, especially if each player has to fight their own Warframe in operator mode to complete it as a nod to the first Umbra. Maybe a clever 'universal' memory sequence? I'd grind it 😛

Edited by (XB1)Kavriel
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:
Spoiler

What if the big plot twist of The New War is that Stalker and his acolytes are all sentient warframes united by Hunhow to destroy the Tenno and thus the last relic of the Orokin empire and finally free the system from their influence, but Lotus has kept the system in chaos because of her attachment to the Tenno through Margulis?

Also, having Raids return as breaking into Vetruvian archives for Umbral Formas to awaken your frames and secure their loyalty to you before Hunhow could sway them would be a fulfilling alternative to individual Umbra quests and remodels, especially if each player has to fight their own Warframe in operator mode to complete it.

it could be a spoiler, but yea agree the term could be...

Spoiler

As we know umbra forma is type of system still unknown, but ballas is the only one who know about umbra system, if possible if we able get a data and having the possible of many more to come, these warframe might get deploy sort of replacement of the drone...good gosh I just came with terrible idea, but sound good in some what way but still find it backfiring, sending warframe to protect the drone should of increase the chance survival or have it auto pick up and farming power...yea...its all over again metal gear soild peace walker's mini-game when you send in soldiers or vehicles into battle you get stuff...*slow facepalm* what da heck I turn this into...Anyway back to the main topic

As we know umbra forma is a material and it is possible highly that umbra may give memories to the warframe but either the warframe liked the tenno or go crazy like excal umbra, but I don't think all the warframe is against the tenno even thou some these warframe may not contain memories, but they know the tenno can eased their pain like ballas said.  Keeping it to lore, it is highly players will put umbra forma into all the prime...now imagine how many time we have to farm thous prime now? So if you kept 2 prime warframe good job, but if you have 1 prime warframe, your going say "F####!!!!!-" that could of screw up your build on your prime, its best to tested it out on your non-prime warframe I guess, its a good thing I still have spare prime ash around LOL.

As today, talk about omega forma which its interesting, the possible the omega forma might able use umbra if the forma is able use the symbol, but if not well we know it be full rank and has the piece right in place, as I place my bet this is going cost lots plat to have omega forma.