Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

4 minutes ago, Toppien said:

you didnt even claim you could do end game content when i was clearly talking about end game content, then why try to lecture me on how can you excel at low-mid level content? with a non meta warframe? low-mid level content is not a problem, anything goes for having a good time, hell i love zephyr and i could say can perform the same as you with your mag, but if i have to kill an eidolon, then my zephyr goes out of the question same as your mag and many others, only volt, and harrow make for viable frames at killing eidolons, and thats the problem, same its going to happen with umbras when an army of super strong sentients get released doing "tau damage" leaving any other frame that is not an umbra useless

Whatever man, enjoy your meta. XD

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Not gonna bother because I never made the claim I could do that, and that's not easy for a lot of meta players that I know. 

Overreaction much? 

Yeah looks like it but i like the challenge solo eidolon with mag without a sniper.

remember the mitter thingy wonder how long they can stand that because as far as i know it was never fixed ^.^

3 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Yeah looks like it but i like the challenge solo eidolon with mag without a sniper.

remember the mitter thingy wonder how long they can stand that because as far as i know it was never fixed ^.^

Oooh, that does sound like fun! 

hace 9 minutos, MagPrime dijo:

Whatever man, enjoy your meta. XD

that the problem, i dont enjoy it, if i want those shiny arcanes i have to bend my knee, and go meta, that doesnt mean i enjoy it, i want to kill an eidolon with any frame and any weapon, but i guess wanting to get arcanes and invest it on my favorite warframes is "trying hard" i love how investing on myself and asking for a more open meta to everyone  is being seen as a reason to be antagonized.

hace 3 minutos, DatDarkOne dijo:

Chroma, Ivara, and a few other frames might disagree with that statement.  😛 

chroma i kinda get it, but he got some nerfs, ivara? the controlable arrow thing does that much damage? thats interesting, now that i think about it, i havent tried garuda to kill an eidolon either...

3 minutes ago, Toppien said:

ivara? the controlable arrow thing does that much damage? thats interesting, now that i think about it,

You don't even need to use Navigator.  Regular Artemis Bow modded for Rad works just fine.  It's one of the known "metas" that I'm shocked you missed it.  

• Like 1

IIRC the umbra was quoted at being a limited series only once around dev 58 ish by sheldon 

since then that point has never been repeated in that phrase, they have stated a few times 

"not all frames will get an umbra but all frames get a prime " a few times in dev streams prior to excal umbras release

and its to be believed more umbras are to follow using the umbral polarity 

38 minutes ago, Toppien said:

that the problem, i dont enjoy it, if i want those shiny arcanes i have to bend my knee, and go meta, that doesnt mean i enjoy it, i want to kill an eidolon with any frame and any weapon, but i guess wanting to get arcanes and invest it on my favorite warframes is "trying hard" i love how investing on myself and asking for a more open meta to everyone  is being seen as a reason to be antagonized.

chroma i kinda get it, but he got some nerfs, ivara? the controlable arrow thing does that much damage? thats interesting, now that i think about it, i havent tried garuda to kill an eidolon either...

Dude. I solo cap Teralyst and Gantulyst with Trinity. That's not exactly try harding.

hace 7 minutos, BornWithTeeth dijo:

Dude. I solo cap Teralyst and Gantulyst with Trinity. That's not exactly try harding.

let me guess you just were there being the support getting carried by meta warframes or you have a sniper rifle (lanka without riven, or any sniper with riven)

Edited by Toppien

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

let me guess you just were there being the support getting carried by meta warframes or you have a sniper rifle (lanka without riven, or any sniper with riven)

They said solo cap.

I too solo cap Terrys and Garrys, using Limbo. Yeah, I have a Lanka with a Riven and use some meta techniques, but I'm hardly conforming to the Soloberon or the Chroma-Volt-Trinity-Harrow meta.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toppien said:

Solo

Cap

EDIT: Yep, using a sniper rifle. I could use an Opticor, I guess, but I don't actually like the damned thing. Also, no, not using a Riven. Rubico Prime, no Riven mod.

Just to annoy you, later on I think I'll go solo cap a Teralyst using Ember.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

32 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Solo

Cap

EDIT: Yep, using a sniper rifle. I could use an Opticor, I guess, but I don't actually like the damned thing. Also, no, not using a Riven. Rubico Prime, no Riven mod.

Just to annoy you, later on I think I'll go solo cap a Teralyst using Ember.

You go Ember!

BURN THE META TO THE GROUND.

On 2018-11-26 at 11:50 AM, Toppien said:

i want to see you killing all  3 eidolons with only mag, and a primary that is not a sniper rifle, or without rivens, yeah, you cant, you will be lucky if you can even down one limb from the first one

I don't know what you're smoking, but I only use Operator for Eidolons, so frame choice is irrelevent.

On 2018-11-26 at 1:15 PM, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

IIRC the umbra was quoted at being a limited series only once around dev 58 ish by sheldon 

since then that point has never been repeated in that phrase, they have stated a few times 

"not all frames will get an umbra but all frames get a prime " a few times in dev streams prior to excal umbras release

and its to be believed more umbras are to follow using the umbral polarity 

This is true, but post Sacrifice at least one devstream mentioned Umbras and I believe it was Rebecca that said (while distracted) that all frames would get an umbra, but take that with a grain of salt.

Really, as much as I would like a story  quest for each Umbra, considering how long it takes to get a new story quest AND the fact that any frame that doesn't get an Umbra becomes invalidated by the meta, the best choice seems to be one elaborate story quest, or perhaps a replayable, raid-like challenge area that grants you the ability to 'Umbra' a frame that you already have maxed, probably the one you complete the challenge with. Story-wise you would be awakening your frame to allow its revenge, while on the technical side your frame is given special umbra cosmetics, the passive is replaced, and Umbra polarities added, saving a rediculous amount of dev time while still giving everyone what they want.

This way, every frame could have an Umbra, but it we avoid plotholes and powercreep as well as reward maxing a frame rather than ignoring and replacing it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

Really, as much as I would like a story  quest for each Umbra, considering how long it takes to get a new story quest AND the fact that any frame that doesn't get an Umbra becomes invalidated by the meta, the best choice seems to be one elaborate story quest, or perhaps a replayable, raid-like challenge area that grants you the ability to 'Umbra' a frame that you already have maxed, probably the one you complete the challenge with. Story-wise you would be awakening your frame to allow its revenge, while on the technical side your frame is given special umbra cosmetics, the passive is replaced, and Umbra polarities added, saving a rediculous amount of dev time while still giving everyone what they want.

This way, every frame could have an Umbra, but it we avoid plotholes and powercreep as well as reward maxing a frame rather than ignoring and replacing it.

I would love to be able to 'Awaken' my frame somehow.

Umbran Limbo would be sheer chaos, but the idea does give me the warm fuzzies.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Kavriel said:

I don't know what you're smoking, but I only use Operator for Eidolons, so frame choice is irrelevent.

This is true, but post Sacrifice at least one devstream mentioned Umbras and I believe it was Rebecca that said (while distracted) that all frames would get an umbra, but take that with a grain of salt.

if you can find that quote in devstream id be curious

at this point they havent brought it up even after sacrifice to my recollection 

Sooo, any news from Chinaframe? Do they roll out updates in global PC version's chronological order? I'm still curious about how they handle The Sacrifice update. Checked their website but couldn't find any info. Limbo Prime has been already released there though.

10 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Sooo, any news from Chinaframe? Do they roll out updates in global PC version's chronological order? I'm still curious about how they handle The Sacrifice update. Checked their website but couldn't find any info. Limbo Prime has been already released there though.

chinaframe = funny mirror version of warframe global , so far  nothing new to share that i know of ,we are currently awaiting any news of a new umbra frame for the series 

as it stands i belive due to fortuna dropping and the new war on the horizon umbras will be more necessary against the sentient not just in variable frames abut overall in group mechanics will need more then just Excalibur