(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Well there is the alpha/Omega forma that was leaks months, it's hasn't been confirmed though

• Upvote 1

I feel that Umbral mod is alright as they are. They offer a upgrade to Intensify for a cost, other variant need synergy to be useful. It also make high MR people waste their forma. I appreciate the fact that you need to do sacrifice to make them work as intended. Having multiple of that mod would be a solution I guess but it remove the main purpose of Umbral, which is sacrifice. (as per the quest name)

3 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This problem was meant to be. The umbral warframe mods are to be used on Umbra. Sure, you can forma the hell out of your other frames, but they still won't fit. It's nice to see people talking about their umbral builds, they surely put a lot of thought and effort in them, but personally I wouldn't do that. Tempting, but feels like you are sweating too much for something won't work perfectly anyway. And if you forma too many slots, there's not much chance for variability either.

Those arent optimized build, they are made for my play style. Most my umbral frame has 2-3 Build it never actually stopped me even with Volt and Rhino. It just to show you there is option for most frame. And I will umbral all my frame.

Ash

Spoiler

FtNZv9K.png

Banshee

Spoiler

L297Fbz.png

Mirage

Spoiler

LKP1GQI.png

Nezha

Spoiler

K9WPypw.png

Nidus

Spoiler

8SHcZrI.png

Nova

Spoiler

l8h3bs0.png

Oberon

Spoiler

yXAEtgJ.png

Saryn

Spoiler

O0X2w9Z.png

Vauban

Spoiler

Jkci93o.png

Volt

Spoiler

BxqVmuj.png

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

How do you mod for Excalibur Umbra anyway  ? Does Radial Javellin do alot of Damage ? How about slash dash ? I can't kill level 50 enemies with either of those two Abilities and I REALLY don't want to run around every spamming Exhalted Blade. 😞

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

How do you mod for Excalibur Umbra anyway  ? Does Radial Javellin do alot of Damage ? How about slash dash ? I can't kill level 50 enemies with either of those two Abilities and I REALLY don't want to run around every spamming Exhalted Blade. 😞

Well, generally speaking E-blade is best for ability DPS, so you'll be gimping yourself to some degree if you use him for DPS. Buuut, that's not the only thing you have to use him for! Try building him with a bunch of range and survivability and use him as a mobile weapons platform - emphasis on mobile. With enough range, Slash Dash lets you go really, really fast. Or, build duration/range hybrid along with the Radial Blind augment and Skiajati and/or Arcane Trickery to make him into a stealthy frame.

On 2019-02-21 at 6:24 AM, Lutesque said:

his dmg does alot still, its like primed mods vs umbra mods but umbra is reduce bit small amount number as again its can be powered up if there is more then 1 umbra mod for using 2 or 3 its reach the point being more powerful its stand and increase Tau armor resistance.  umbra excal and prime excal there is massive different 1 move and 1 don't move which that is one of it and another one is 2 abilities which its heavy unique more the other frame for umbra excal is basically roaring lion who take out the buff of sentient and doing a powerful finisher, as for prime he doesn't get any unique boost or abilities for he isn't....well let just say he just little more fairly to be on be so.

7 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

his dmg does alot still, its like primed mods vs umbra mods but umbra is reduce bit small amount number as again its can be powered up if there is more then 1 umbra mod for using 2 or 3 its reach the point being more powerful its stand and increase Tau armor resistance.  umbra excal and prime excal there is massive different 1 move and 1 don't move which that is one of it and another one is 2 abilities which its heavy unique more the other frame for umbra excal is basically roaring lion who take out the buff of sentient and doing a powerful finisher, as for prime he doesn't get any unique boost or abilities for he isn't....well let just say he just little more fairly to be on be so.

On behalf of everyone no offense...what are u trying to say dude? lol

• Applause 1

11 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I literally didn't understand any of what you just said. Are you saying Umbra is only good for Sentients ? 

LoL... is that why I've been seeing some people bring Umbra to Eidolon Hunts ? 😄

6 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I literally didn't understand any of what you just said. Are you saying Umbra is only good for Sentients ? 

LoL... is that why I've been seeing some people bring Umbra to Eidolon Hunts ? 😄

someone (2 ppl) want me water it down.

I am just stating 2 mods that are different each other Primed mods and umbras, its the fact pointing power different from both of them accept for one party umbra has unique then primed.  Point another one the different between prime excal and umbra excal what is different or changes is been into for there barely any changes except for unique build and how been used.

I do see someone use umbra to eidolon hunt

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

someone (2 ppl) want me water it down.

I am just stating 2 mods that are different each other Primed mods and umbras, its the fact pointing power different from both of them accept for one party umbra has unique then primed.  Point another one the different between prime excal and umbra excal what is different or changes is been into for there barely any changes except for unique build and how been used.

I do see someone use umbra to eidolon hunt

Im sorry.... the way write is confusing.... I don't understand. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Im sorry.... the way write is confusing.... I don't understand. 

geez so you want caveman talk version?  Fine I make it extremely simple

• Primed mods vs Umbra mods
  • primed excal vs umbra excal

All look fair but used differently.

Ask again I'll promise make it worst.

On 2019-02-23 at 2:44 PM, (XB1)Shad0wNuke said:

How about that Toggle for umbra's scarf.

said that and have still said it for 3+ years in a row 

On 2019-02-21 at 4:24 AM, Lutesque said:

well I have my build here (video below) and  also did a discussion while I streamed (i swap radiant finisher for adaptation depending on my mood)

my main system for exalted is chromatic augment  but if your not using chromatic use radiant finisher augment to buff damage on 4 hits while blinded 300% for IPS build

chromatic buffs status to be 100% so my exalted blade is just raw damage mods and damage elemental + life strike  

19 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

geez so you want caveman talk version?  Fine I make it extremely simple

think the issue is your going all over the place in your wording 

• Like 1

Srry, I've been away recently. I love what you guys came up with, might build another Inaros just for that purpose.

On 2019-02-13 at 1:47 PM, LightZodiac said:

And this is a Valkyr build I'm currently working on, once again Valkyr benefits from Armor, Health and Ability Strength and other then that she basically just needs some durability/efficiency.

On 2019-02-13 at 1:47 PM, LightZodiac said:

Now Arcane Energize is kinda overkill on this build, it really doesn't need it, Valkyr gains energy when she get's damaged and when the energy is full player uses her 4 gains immortality and kills stuff and gets healed in the process... repeats. There are a couple of things to watch out for, nullifier bubbles, energy leeches... but that's what I like about this build, it's not just immortal build like Inaros... player has to play smart to make use of it.

your build lacks in strength which will limit survivability (unless you are building for her 4 where that is more than ok) 
I have yet to test my berserker build that does not use any armor mods (designed for star chart up to LV 100 but uses eternal war for armor (+105% armor is nothing to scoff at when you have a base of 700 armor) otherwise if you are building for her 4 bring a melee that has the gladiator mods equipped as that will give you mini blood rush (I have tested this) and with 50% base crit and some of the highest melee damage in the game you will have no problem destroying even the highest level sentiants (i tested her 4 against 20 LV 100 batalists in the simulacrum and after some rampup (cause combo counter) it started to cleave through their health despite the adaptation) also remember that her 3 does open standing finishers and her charge attack is a ground finisher. (it will do 6x and 3x damage respectivly)  

this is my umbral berserker build

I dont have the arcanes they are an "I wish" grace might not be the best bet but I think it is better safe than sorry however on this build gardian  might be better.  I sugest either useing vaserin as a jsut in case but zenerik or naromon could work (this build is fully self suficint provided enimies are highenogh level (sub forty  it can have some porblems with the lack of damage)
the forma works with either 3v's and a -; 3v's and a d; or 2v's, a - and a d

this is my normal Umbral build
https://tennoware.com/warframes/valkyr prime/11211310004w405m402p710y510i005r103y810y910p810f803b103b303
dont fully rank one of the umbrals to fit HA over rage I Feal that grace ginving a chance of +2k ehp to a frame that has almost 12K is not the best use of an arcane and with her heal being so expenceive I feel that it is better to have the chance of a heal (also I would recomend Naromon with this build as it is very melee foucused)

this is her claws build
https://tennoware.com/meleeweapons/valkyr talons/1011011000q900j910c305d803j005q003p903q203l610v
 I think CO will work but I need to test. (i dont have that mod I do however know the the gladiaor mod bounous does work see below)

Finally the statstick for the berserker build
https://tennoware.com/meleeweapons/venka prime/1121100000p703f905j910c305l610g005q003q203f805v
 it bumps the galdiator buff to 4x leting her red crit at combo 2 venka Prime is used as I hear the the pasive still pases over to her 4 if this is not true (i dont know I dont have them I am one part short) then use your favirot melee/ sword and sheild (incase of nulifiers or enemy leach eximi as my build is short on defenses).

It's actually quite annoying. They introduced umbral mods made to be used on umbral frames but don't release any so we are kinda stuck with the current limitations possibly for years until the devs decides to address that piece of content. I wish they would at least turn them into prime mods with normal polarities if they didn't plan to do anything in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

It's actually quite annoying. They introduced umbral mods made to be used on umbral frames but don't release any so we are kinda stuck with the current limitations possibly for years until the devs decides to address that piece of content. I wish they would at least turn them into prime mods with normal polarities if they didn't plan to do anything in that regard.

they are better than what a prime version would be with the exception of the health and armor mods which are already Rank 10's also the cost helps limit the power creep that they would add other whise

Edited by spirit_of_76

24 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they are better than what a prime version would be with the exception of the health and armor mods which are already Rank 10's also the cost helps limit the power creep that they would add other whise

Their set bonus is, not the individual mods. The 44% of umbral intensify is exactly what primed intensify would have been. Furthermore you can't forma it so you need to give up more powerful mods if you decide to use them in combination making the trade off a pure survival choice.

Also no, there's no power creep linked to umbral mods. Only frames who benefit from health and/or armor uses them, that's very niche by default unless you struggle that much in this game and even then giving up 2 mod slot for survival is reducing your dps by quite a lot. In fact, if umbral mods were fully slottable it would reduce the already established power creep by a good amount making survival more wanted than sheer power. 

Edited by Shelusine

1 hour ago, Shelusine said:

Their set bonus is, not the individual mods. The 44% of umbral intensify is exactly what primed intensify would have been. Furthermore you can't forma it so you need to give up more powerful mods if you decide to use them in combination making the trade off a pure survival choice.

Also no, there's no power creep linked to umbral mods. Only frames who benefit from health and/or armor uses them, that's very niche by default unless you struggle that much in this game and even then giving up 2 mod slot for survival is reducing your dps by quite a lot. In fact, if umbral mods were fully slottable it would reduce the already established power creep by a good amount making survival more wanted than sheer power. 

not really I can make a stronger Valk with the Umbrals than I can without. the requirement is dose the frame want 2-3 of the umbral mods.  Valk would use all three of the non umbrals as would nidus, Inaros uses 2 as does Oberon.  if it is only 2 then the build is not even hard and while Rage is not as good as HA it is only 5% less energy pre-health lost you are not forced into using steal charge I have an umbral Oberon build that uses growing power in the works (i finished the build theory crafting but still need to farm the mods) it even has one free slot so I can use augments.  also when I use Umbral intensity I rarely am giving anything other than one forma up if it is on a non-Umbral frame, even then I rarely need to add extra forma especially if it is a prime.  often it lets me use other mods to cover gaps in my kit because it often hits or exceeds a threshold without a negative.  For intensify to do the same thing it would require 2 slots (one normal and an exilis) for only 1% more power strength (45% over 44%) costing 11 drain with the 2 needed polarities costing a guaranteed 1 forma it would likely be 15 drain without the forma. over one slot at 16 drain letting me use the exalis slot for things like enemy sense, range, cast speed, aviator... it all depends on how you build and what you use.   

Edited by spirit_of_76

5 hours ago, Shelusine said:

It's already power creep. Them being Umbra makes sure you've at least invested enough to get there, making it "free" is only going to make the power creep readily available and set mandatory mods for 90% of frames. Having UV + UI is better than, E.G. intensify+secrets so they're not exactly that niche for tanks.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 8:43 PM, wokfadz said:

I'm building a super tanky inaros. 

A lot of things were said already, but if you could share your planned build? Just so we can discuss it.

7 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

not really I can make a stronger Valk with the Umbrals than I can without. the requirement is dose the frame want 2-3 of the umbral mods.  Valk would use all three of the non umbrals as would nidus, Inaros uses 2 as does Oberon.  if it is only 2 then the build is not even hard and while Rage is not as good as HA it is only 5% less energy pre-health lost you are not forced into using steal charge I have an umbral Oberon build that uses growing power in the works (i finished the build theory crafting but still need to farm the mods) it even has one free slot so I can use augments.  also when I use Umbral intensity I rarely am giving anything other than one forma up if it is on a non-Umbral frame, even then I rarely need to add extra forma especially if it is a prime.  often it lets me use other mods to cover gaps in my kit because it often hits or exceeds a threshold without a negative.  For intensify to do the same thing it would require 2 slots (one normal and an exilis) for only 1% more power strength (45% over 44%) costing 11 drain with the 2 needed polarities costing a guaranteed 1 forma it would likely be 15 drain without the forma. over one slot at 16 drain letting me use the exalis slot for things like enemy sense, range, cast speed, aviator... it all depends on how you build and what you use.   

No, you can't. You can make a tankier valk, this is a very different concept. Same for inaros and all the mentioned frames. Theses are frames who as I mentioned benefits from health and armor in their gameplay but the stat isn't mandatory and thus doesn't make them "stronger". You wont have an oberon or an inaros and even less a valkyr wipe a map faster because of those, that just not a thing mathematically. Arguably you last longer in endless but who cares ? 

For the sake of argument we could say that melee frame being directly tied to doing melee see their dps increased through survivability but melee frames are in the "weakest" frames in the game due to that very limitation in range. I wouldn't see a rebalancding through such means as an issue at all. 

2 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

It's already power creep. Them being Umbra makes sure you've at least invested enough to get there, making it "free" is only going to make the power creep readily available and set mandatory mods for 90% of frames. Having UV + UI is better than, E.G. intensify+secrets so they're not exactly that niche for tanks.

1) It's like saying primed continuity is mandatory on 90% of the frames which is a big duh if a prime variant of a mandatory mod is available.

2) There's no instance where you use intensify + secret. Furthermore the solo UI is already a mandatory and perfectly solo slottable umbral mod. UI+secrets is better than UI+UV

3) That's the goal, if it becomes that way survivability becomes more "wanted" you give up on power increasing mods and thus by default reduce the established power creep.

4) This one is more of a bland statement because I don't understand your logic, what's the point of not seeing any power increase in an rpg game ? That's literally the reason you farm in those games, they introduce stronger enemies so you need to get stronger equipement and so on, what's the point of staying with the same old thing for years without them moving forward ? Regardless of anything, I must say that it's a concept I don't understand from your part of the community. 

Edited by Shelusine

1 hour ago, Shelusine said:

No, you can't. You can make a tankier valk, this is a very different concept. Same for inaros and all the mentioned frames. Theses are frames who as I mentioned benefits from health and armor in their gameplay but the stat isn't mandatory and thus doesn't make them "stronger". You wont have an oberon or an inaros and even less a valkyr wipe a map faster because of those, that just not a thing mathematically. Arguably you last longer in endless but who cares ? 

1) It's like saying primed continuity is mandatory on 90% of the frames which is a big duh if a prime variant of a mandatory mod is available.

2) There's no instance where you use intensify + secret. Furthermore the solo UI is already a mandatory and perfectly solo slottable umbral mod. UI+secrets is better than UI+UV

3) That's the goal, if it becomes that way survivability becomes more "wanted" you give up on power increasing mods and thus by default reduce the established power creep.

4) This one is more of a bland statement because I don't understand your logic, what's the point of not seeing any power increase in an rpg game ? That's literally the reason you farm in those games, they introduce stronger enemies so you need to get stronger equipement and so on, what's the point of staying with the same old thing for years without them moving forward ? Regardless of anything, I must say that it's a concept I don't understand from your part of the community. 

Before I answer, I'd like to get in between you and Spirit, discussing Valkyr. With umbral mods you do make her stronger, without them I wouldn't be able to reach 250+ strength for more armor and attack speed on my EW build. By extension her Exalted is also stronger.

1) Duration as a stat is not on the same level of HP/Strength and there are a more mods for duration and range than strength and efficiency. Duration isn't even that unique in function, since if we look at it in a broad sense, it reduces the energy expenditure in time, close to what efficiency does.

Duration is not needed on that many frames, while any frame using either vitality + fiber or vitality + intensify will benefit and those are quite a few more.

2) There's no instance where you use intensify + secrets. It's a perfectly possible scenario. Here is how the power creep works:

Switching a build with vitality, intensify and secrets for UI and UV leaves you with +1% strength, +110% hp and a mod slot.

After all, you can forma all you want, but there are only 8 mod slots.

So overall, not only do you end up with higher stats, but you even get to put another mod in.

3) Survivability is already wanted, apart from the rare Ivara/Octavia 4h cheese builds, I've yet to see on the forums a build that doesn't have at least one survivability mod and is meant for above level 50.

4) My logic is simple. In the current state of the game we solo Eidolons and Orbs, last as long as we can stave of boredom in Arbitrations and Eso and this is done with not much effort involved. This game (thankfully) doesn't offer the same old hamster wheel every 3 months, to artificially prolong it's "late game" with bigger numbers, its it tries to add different activities. Therefore we don't need more power.

Also a good RPG "increases" power by adding diversity to your play, not by giving you bigger numbers, as the latest AAA titles leave you to believe.

Edited by Ver1dian

On 2019-02-14 at 3:26 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This problem was meant to be. The umbral warframe mods are to be used on Umbra. Sure, you can forma the hell out of your other frames, but they still won't fit. It's nice to see people talking about their umbral builds, they surely put a lot of thought and effort in them, but personally I wouldn't do that. Tempting, but feels like you are sweating too much for something won't work perfectly anyway. And if you forma too many slots, there's not much chance for variability either.

Umbral melee Saryn though 👌🏿

All 3 Umbral mods and;

Efficiency: 150%

Duration: 50%

Range: 250%

Strength: 100%

With rage 👌🏿

And regenartive molt 👌🏿

And a condition overload Zaw 👌🏿