(XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I like it, because it means eventually I'll be able to use my umbral builds without crippling the flexibility of the frame and also not leave empty exilus slots, and not be forced into steel charge for extra capacity. I don't mind waiting. I've been patient nearly 5 years now waiting for stuff to come, i can be patient some more ūüôā All in all i also like that the forma isn't too common because it would have bothered me slightly since i sunk upwards of 70 formas to fit umbrals everywhere i saw fit.¬†

Lol, so now we are complaining about the Umbral Forma? Unbelieveable ūüėĄ

Well I'm certainly going to make use of it at some point. I have several Umbral builds that would benefit from that extra capacity to use maxed corrupted and exilus mods. Also good if you want to leave a slot non-polarized for different builds.

And of course this is not the one and only Umbral Forma DE will ever provide us. More is coming, if not in the next season then definitely in the New War. 

Yeah that sounds great, but my Chroma Prime is like a little kid trying to get at the PS4 to play Big Little Planet and they won't shut up about it....Umbra Forma, Umbra Forma..you love me..give it tooooo meeee.

And I'm like dang it let go of my leg you little brat!!!

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never had an issue to make Umbral-builds work.

I like these new Formas. Now I can make my Excal Prime into an Excal Umbra. Only one Umbral Forma needed for the Frame and one needed for the Exalted Blade.

And they aren't pointless, just because you get the Umbra Forma only every 10 weeks or so.

This. 

I don't run triple umbras on all the 'frames I use umbral mods on. Most are double. 

The forma just loosens up the build a bit and allows an excillus slot in the triple builds or allows them to go 10/10 on all the mods--which it might not even need it to begin with. It expands your options. That's it. No magic here. 

It's the thing I most want out of the NW stuff, but I've gotten along just fine up until now. It will just allow me to gild the lilly a bit on the 'frames that I run umbral builds on. 

It can go either way.  The last official statement we had about Umbra frames was that not every frame would get an Umbra.  The questline we get for umbra Excal can go either way.  Either it's a unique story just for one individual and that's all we see about Umbras.  Or it's DE's way of telling mini stories about not so major characters/frames.  I'd be surprised if any frames beyond the starter frames got an umbra variant.

If there will be others, it would make the story behind Excal completely redundant. And I would hate that. Making Umbras just for the $$$.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to it. The problem is, I have no clue which frame to pick to use it on.. √ó_√ó

Posted (edited)

This post is pointless, considering you are in general chat.

Also, you must not understand the definition. Pointless would be to have no point, but the point of umbra forma is to halve the cost of capacity they drain. Now, useless or lackluster might have been a better choice for your point. I will be free of Steel Charge on my Chroma build finally and to me, that is neither pointless or useless. Growing Power here I come!!

Edited by (XB1)Kuljack

7 hours ago, Toran said:

Are you excited about the Umbra Firma you can get from Rank 29 Nightwave standing? (should take less than 6 weeks if you do every Nightwave wave job).

I am not.

Unless you can obtain Umbra Formas in a reliable way, they'll be pointless. Why? You still would have to keep an Umbral mod unmaxed in order to uphold your flexibility to fit Umbral mods in several builds.

Unless you decide to focus your Umbral mods on only one Warframe (besides Excalibur Umbra), maxing out all Umbral mods will be counter-productive.

How about you don't tell me how to play the game or what to use in it.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

If there will be others, it would make the story behind Excal completely redundant. And I would hate that. Making Umbras just for the $$$.

Except A Rhino Prime Flavor text, B Chroma starchart mini quest and C Ballas and one other council member already mentioned elite frames as bodyguards/assassins, D the sentient cutscene with xcal, mag, rhino and volt and finally E, Inaros finally having enough of the system in general to start being uppity in the first place.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Toran said:

I haven't upgraded any of umbral mods, due to the lack of flexibility if you use them.  It's the only reward I'm looking forward to getting and I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.   I love the idea of this event, but I wish there was more daily stuff to earn and it feels like a lot of work for a tiny bit of rewards.

I recently build a second chroma prime so I can optimize for orb and edilon.  With an umbral forma, I can downsize .

2 hours ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Tau System better be a huge spike in difficulty to justify all this power creep.

I see hope isn't lost on all of us

Posted (edited)

Topic kinda says it all. I think Umbra Excalibur should have a unique sidearm.

Excalibur Prime has the Skana Prime and the Lex Prime, so Excalibur Umbra should totes have a gun to go with his Skiajati.

Preferably with a unique ability. Maybe something that opens enemies up to finishers, or that takes advantage of stealth? I don’t know.

Edit: Oof. Not Lex Prime. Lato Prime.

Edited by (XB1)Fat Gregory
self correction
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

umm no melee is plenty good without meming at lest after you build combo

No.

21 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

depends on the enemies light corrupted and corpus solo no grineer yah sure that is fine as long as there are no heavies.  remember ESO has higher enemy density than normal missions

I am maxing focus gains and twirling spire is more powerful than the bleeding willow quick melee (granted it is not as versatile but it has better AOE and forced procs, multistrike and damage amplification).

the operator is fine as long as the ping is fine otherwise it is not I do use the operator when I am host.   

Yes, I thought of enough ways to deal with those to know that they are not threat even high density. 

If you're trying to max focus gains you are honestly playing the wrong frame but regardless of that, focus oriented builds are kind of unrelated to a power creep argument.

For the operator you are right but that's one option out of many. I mean, almost every primaries get rid of those pretty quickly when builts correctly.

22 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

if you need all the power strength in the world to spin then there is a problem with spinning the umbral build has an advantage of 4000¬† ehp¬†for the cost of 1 forma my point is that your build does less than mine for and only gains the exalis slot.¬† I run the health so I can just¬†take damage on large maps and simply melee toward the enemy¬†or just jump into the fray.¬†¬†ÔĽŅ

That's completely unrelated to the the point you quoted, what you are basically saying is that non-tanking frame shouldn't be able to use close range melee outside and even inside the context of a survivability build for the really frail ones. That's a very ridiculous idea. Power strength increase the power of the frame, you spin faster, you do more damage, you clean faster, simple logic. And I already told you about your point, I do not know why you keep bringing that up and dodging its lack of relevance. 

He got what he got. They aren't going to make and then hand out another piece of equipment for content already done.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

He got what he got. They aren't going to make and then hand out another piece of equipment for content already done.

There’s no rule saying they can’t.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Lex Prime

cool didnt know about that

let umbra have aklex prime then XD

• Haha 3

il y a 6 minutes, (XB1)Fat Gregory a dit :

There’s no rule saying they can’t.

...bruh. :clem:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

we havent had any info on going to tau yet, so far we have the sentient space fortress aka space grandma 

Image result for sentient fortress

Ugh. It's so ugly. I much prefer the pre-Keith Thompson designs for the Sentients (the Hunhow design).

That aside, I doubt this is going to come with Tau. I think this is just going to come with The New War, and it'll probably be similar to the Kuva Fortress functionally.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n