Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

I just wonder if DE has confirmed if they will create more Umbra Warframes. Since the addition of Umbral Forma, I've seen a few concerns over whether they will continue to release Umbra Frames. That's just unwarranted concern in my opinion but I am a bit curious.

Yes, there will be more Umbra frames.

I don't think there's an exact quote (if there is, someone please post it) but they've said before that all frames will get a Prime, but not every frame will get an Umbra.

The running community theory I've seen is the first 8 or so frames will be the ones to get Umbra'd, and that'll be it.

Edited by (XB1)Skippy575
Clarity

4 hours ago, Toran said:

Are you excited about the Umbra Firma you can get from Rank 29 Nightwave standing? (should take less than 6 weeks if you do every Nightwave wave job).

I am not.

Unless you can obtain Umbra Formas in a reliable way, they'll be pointless. Why? You still would have to keep an Umbral mod unmaxed in order to uphold your flexibility to fit Umbral mods in several builds.

Unless you decide to focus your Umbral mods on only one Warframe (besides Excalibur Umbra), maxing out all Umbral mods will be counter-productive.

There isnt even a need to keep them unmaxed as is, unless you love wasting them on squishy frames etc. where fiber is of zero use to begin with.

All the frames can easily utilize 2x maxed Umbral mods. 3 mods should only ever be used on frames that actually benefit from all 3 stats, which few do. It isnt worth the trade off on any frame except a select few to get slightly more health and ability power by slotting umbral fiber. You are simply better off slotting umbral vit+umbral int along with augur secrets or another  ability damage mod you havent yet slotted.

The Umbra Forma will simply be a good choice to avoid having to equip steel charge on certain frames that use 2 umbral mods currently. It will also let those same frames un-polarize their augment slot.

I like it, because it means eventually I'll be able to use my umbral builds without crippling the flexibility of the frame and also not leave empty exilus slots, and not be forced into steel charge for extra capacity. I don't mind waiting. I've been patient nearly 5 years now waiting for stuff to come, i can be patient some more 🙂 All in all i also like that the forma isn't too common because it would have bothered me slightly since i sunk upwards of 70 formas to fit umbrals everywhere i saw fit. 

Lol, so now we are complaining about the Umbral Forma? Unbelieveable 😄

Well I'm certainly going to make use of it at some point. I have several Umbral builds that would benefit from that extra capacity to use maxed corrupted and exilus mods. Also good if you want to leave a slot non-polarized for different builds.

And of course this is not the one and only Umbral Forma DE will ever provide us. More is coming, if not in the next season then definitely in the New War. 

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never had an issue to make Umbral-builds work.

I like these new Formas. Now I can make my Excal Prime into an Excal Umbra. Only one Umbral Forma needed for the Frame and one needed for the Exalted Blade.

And they aren't pointless, just because you get the Umbra Forma only every 10 weeks or so.

This. 

I don't run triple umbras on all the 'frames I use umbral mods on. Most are double. 

The forma just loosens up the build a bit and allows an excillus slot in the triple builds or allows them to go 10/10 on all the mods--which it might not even need it to begin with. It expands your options. That's it. No magic here. 

It's the thing I most want out of the NW stuff, but I've gotten along just fine up until now. It will just allow me to gild the lilly a bit on the 'frames that I run umbral builds on. 

It can go either way.  The last official statement we had about Umbra frames was that not every frame would get an Umbra.  The questline we get for umbra Excal can go either way.  Either it's a unique story just for one individual and that's all we see about Umbras.  Or it's DE's way of telling mini stories about not so major characters/frames.  I'd be surprised if any frames beyond the starter frames got an umbra variant.

This post is pointless, considering you are in general chat.

Also, you must not understand the definition. Pointless would be to have no point, but the point of umbra forma is to halve the cost of capacity they drain. Now, useless or lackluster might have been a better choice for your point. I will be free of Steel Charge on my Chroma build finally and to me, that is neither pointless or useless. Growing Power here I come!!

Edited by (XB1)Kuljack

7 hours ago, Toran said:

Are you excited about the Umbra Firma you can get from Rank 29 Nightwave standing? (should take less than 6 weeks if you do every Nightwave wave job).

I am not.

Unless you can obtain Umbra Formas in a reliable way, they'll be pointless. Why? You still would have to keep an Umbral mod unmaxed in order to uphold your flexibility to fit Umbral mods in several builds.

Unless you decide to focus your Umbral mods on only one Warframe (besides Excalibur Umbra), maxing out all Umbral mods will be counter-productive.

How about you don't tell me how to play the game or what to use in it.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

If there will be others, it would make the story behind Excal completely redundant. And I would hate that. Making Umbras just for the $$$.

Except A Rhino Prime Flavor text, B Chroma starchart mini quest and C Ballas and one other council member already mentioned elite frames as bodyguards/assassins, D the sentient cutscene with xcal, mag, rhino and volt and finally E, Inaros finally having enough of the system in general to start being uppity in the first place.

8 hours ago, Toran said:

I haven't upgraded any of umbral mods, due to the lack of flexibility if you use them.  It's the only reward I'm looking forward to getting and I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.   I love the idea of this event, but I wish there was more daily stuff to earn and it feels like a lot of work for a tiny bit of rewards.